Setup sharing for everyone! (free)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Remco Majoor, Dec 24, 2020.

1. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

Ok, this was the full 24H Nordschleife, good Video, very good driven :)
    I test this ... but 8:26 is a great time, I think I have to train this, hehe
    I see a 6:4x time for the normal Nordschleife part. wow.
    I mean the Lap Time on Nurburgring Nordschleife Tourist with the CUP Porsche 911

2. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I might have to try that soon again. It's indeed a great combo. I'm not sure when, but I'll share my setup here as well

3. Anthony Lineberry

Anthony Lineberry Registered

Any chance of doing a setup for 488gt3 @ Imola?

4. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I am not using the ferrari for GTC, and definitely am not great with rear engined GT's in general. Maybe someone else can upload one to the sharing doc

5. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Also, Updated the fill in form to the latest series, and added folders for the GT3 cars for the setups pre BOP/physics update

pkelly likes this.
  6. Stefan Wirth

Stefan Wirth Registered

Porsche GT3 & Imola 2018: Would anyone close to 1:40 with a Porsche share a setup? Thx in advance. Or is there any other place where to look at? @Ræmko Majoor I've your setup's share link and that of the unofficial results site, but had no luck with this combination, there was only one for Porsche GTE

7. DeBuGti

DeBuGti Registered

Hey all, still getting into the Sim Racing world of Rfactor 2... I'm going to be going into a league race soon in the GTE's and I've picked the BMW M8... Any light tips around the cars setup and what would be best?

8. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Try soft and hard suspension to see what it does to the car. Some cars react better to a stiffer, some better to a bit softer. The rear arb either lowest or second lowest (same thing). Then adjust the aero, dampers to make the car balanced in both high speed and slow turns. Then do the diff settings for adjusting balance on throttle, braking etc

9. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Anyone got a setup for the Aston and Bentley GTE's at Le Mans? I am struggling to get the Aston working well there in particular, even a baseline setup that I can mess with would really help me.

10. Henrik hoier

Henrik hoier Registered

I migjt still have the setup we used for gtr24h for the aston gt3. I do t know how well it works after the updates since that race was in october

JamesB likes this.
  11. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Henrik, I would be very grateful if you could let me try it, I will soon see from the lap times if it is better than what I have cobbled together. Mine is faster than stock but the car is always on the edge and at some point I end up spinning and bending it.

12. Tomasz Luyu

Tomasz Luyu Registered

I have been doing setups for 15 years now, and I know how difficult they are to create/handle/test and understand. It takes hell of a lot of patience and energy, so hats off to you guiys for creating a resource

Remco Majoor likes this.
  13. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Because the Indy 250 is very setup dependant and needs practice;
    use front and rear arb adjustment in-car (bind them to buttons) so you can adjust the balance of the car in-race. Since there is no weight jacker adjustment in car for some reason, this seems to be the way to do it.

Also, First setup is on the drive

14. DeBuGti

DeBuGti Registered

Hey guys,
    So I'm currently driving in a IMSA DPI league and I've just done a few laps at Silverstone Historic Chicane. And noticed my tyre wear is awful. I'm still new at the setup tips for Rfactor2. But I've done a few things that usually make sense.. Low tyre pressures, detached rear roll bar etc...

Any help would be great!

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Isn't that the way rF2 is SUPPOSED to behave?

16. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Not if its only doing it because my setup is not a good one. You can make a car handle like a sack of sh1t when it does not have to.

17. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Henrik, had not noticed that you had uploaded the setup, many thanks, I will give it a try.

18. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Registered

I ask for your help, in the competition system in June there is the gra at Nürburgring Nordschleife, with the GT3s, I will use the Ferrari 488, who can create a setup for me ?, I am not capable !, thanks

19. Henrik hoier

Henrik hoier Registered

I had done it the other day when i was at My old race pc that i use for My desktop now :) it did take me a few says to upload it. Sorry for the waiting time

20. JamesB

JamesB Registered

No problem Henrik, I appreciate you spending the time to do it for me. Will be a few days before I can try it anyway now as I will have to put some laps in to get used to it after my setup and I don't have that time to invest right now but I will do. If yours is better, and I will almost guarantee that it will be, then at least I have a good baseline to build from.