Is it possible to Disable Workshop Auto-Subscribe with new UI?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by pety100, Mar 11, 2021.

1. pety100

pety100 Registered

Hey guys,

My question is there ANY fix to autosubscribing steam workshop content be optional when starting the game first time because of a reinstall?

With the old ui when I installed the game first time after a windows reinstall, or when I just reinstalled the game after a long time, before launching the game I used the Launcher.config in UserData folder to disable workshop auto-subscribing with changing the Disable Workshop Auto-Subscribe: False to True.

But with the new UI this is not working anymore, because the new UI doesn't have a launcher so the Launcher.config is not taken into consideration by the game now I guess.

So my problem when I install first time or just reinstall rFactor2 completely, when I start the game it autosubscribes to a lot of steam workshop content and it starts to download and install them. This content is a lots of GB and downloading and installing these takes a lot of time which is very frustrating because I didn't need and I won't use these workshop items at all so after downloading and installing is over, I just start to uninstall these to not to take up space on my SSD.

Thanks in advance for you help,
    Pety100

Adam Helyes and FrC like this.
  2. pety100

pety100 Registered

Yeah but I want the updates later to subscribed content which I subscribe to on steam.

3. Adam Helyes

Adam Helyes Registered

+1 Pety100

Any answer from admins?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The latest roadmap mentions a first time start wizard with selectable content - to some extent. Should be fairly soon.

pety100 and Adam Helyes like this.