[WIP] Apex Modding - 1970 Sportscar Championship

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ApexModding, Oct 5, 2018.

1. JamesB

JamesB Registered

I will check out that discord link tonight. Fantastic.

yoss and Tnadz like this.
  2. Tnadz

Tnadz Registered

The next race will actually be historic Le Mans, 2.4 hrs. Next week on Tuesday (pretty late) and Saturday the 22nd. A track with braking zones so long if you miss your mark you have just enough time to write your last will and testament, plan your funeral and even prepare and have a final meal.

3. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Yes, the end of Mulsanne is a mess if you leave it too late. At least there is a straight on option there though. I will try to get involved for the 22nd. Am not entirely familiar with how to use all the stuff under Discord as I have only used it for voice coms with a small group of friends but I am sure I will figure it out.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    Tnadz likes this.
  4. JamesB

JamesB Registered

That's what I am looking for, some classic focused online racing. Am relatively new to rf2 so need to find somewhere that I can get experience in a friendly environment, this sounds really good.

Had better dl Chief's Alfa. Already love some of his classic GP cars.

Tnadz and MiguelVallejo like this.
  5. gangstorm

gangstorm Registered

Regarding your post there, this has been talked and I am working with the respective developers to see if it would be OK to release the BOP mod at the end of the year "as is" for the community since we will move to other historic content (other seasons) in CMS.

But in the meantime, please join our Discord and come race with us.. We would love to have you around! As tnadz and Yoss mentioned above, we are a very friendly league that we are catering and helping newcomers as well. Main drive here is to make people enjoy the racing irrespective of their skill level. That's why we run 3 classes for all skill levels and consistencies. Just as an idea from our Fastest to Slowest guy, we had 20 sec difference in lap times at Spa. Yet people still had a blast and are very respective of each other and close racing among their class!

6. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Joined the discord channel, thanks guys.

Tnadz likes this.
  7. Tnadz

Tnadz Registered

Happy to help with discord navigation. Most of the sim world has gone that direction it seems.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Used Discord for about a month, a couple of years ago. It was very annoyingly intrusive. Always popping up when you least expected it and also slowed down my Windows boot times. Haven't used it since....

9. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Thanks, I think I just need to trawl through it. As I said I have used Discord but just for a small group and voice coms only. @davehenrie you can mute servers and users to stop the alerts distracting you when you are doing something else, there is probably a global setting for it as well but I have not found that yet.

davehenrie likes this.
  10. gangstorm

gangstorm Registered

Yes. Right click on the server and say "Mute Server". Then go and find individually the channels you are interested on and select to "unmute". You can also change settings and decide when you are "pinged" to messages like "at mentions to you" or every message, etc.

Good to know James. I will send you a message there shortly!

davehenrie likes this.
  11. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Well I raced these at Le Mans last night with CMS, I did very badly after crashing at Maison Blanche on about lap 5. The weather was bad with rain at the start of the race, but the experience was amazing. I hope that the CMS version sees the light of day as I have had a great time with these.

yoss likes this.
  12. Tnadz

Tnadz Registered

Yes, very tricky conditions. But you certainly weren't the only one suffering from them. The final cars should be even better as I believe CMS is using, essentially, very good beta versions.

13. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Sorry to see your accident right at the end Ross that was desperately unfair.

mister dog likes this.
  14. Tnadz

Tnadz Registered

It's ok. I didn't want to win class anyway. Ben needed the "come from orbit and behind" story to tell.

15. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Well that was pretty spectacular as well, both his launch and then his recovery drive!

16. billyblaze

billyblaze Registered

Some helmet-cam footage of the Ferrari in action. AI set at 115/25/3.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    RaceNut, Gasper Zupan, pascom and 5 others like this.
  17. JamesB

JamesB Registered

That was good, These cars a re superb fun, You sent it on Mr McQueen! I have to say that currently these and some of Chief's 70's F1's are my favourite mod content in RF2

yoss and billyblaze like this.
  18. Corti

Corti Registered

19. bears

bears Registered

I have to agree the Porsche is just so much fun to drive and around Le grand it’s so immersive... and chiefs 70’s mod is the same great feel great sounds and most of all fun to drive we are lucky to have these mods to enjoy

JamesB, atomed, billyblaze and 2 others like this.
  20. bears

bears Registered

Hi I have been running these cars a little bit this week I thought I might create a few field fillers for the LM 1970 race for Porsches to beat up on :)
    These are pretty simple skins and are reasonably easy to do which is good atm as i haven't got a lot of time, so far they are just based on the howstons so not perfect replicas but adds colour to the field... I have done some matras, alfas and now started on chevrons if there is some interest I will post some links here if not all good ;-)

20210528153241_1.jpg

Rogger, Bostrom, philmahre and 9 others like this.