Thank You 397 but could you fix whats broken first?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MotherDawg, May 4, 2021.

1. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I thought the dirty air effect was already fixed, but maybe I misread or it was on other class, like GT3, but I heard about that for sure, just thought you were referring more to specific handling charactheristics under no slipstream effect, like the exploits of detaching rear anti roll bar and as such.

Well, I have to take your word for it, as I heard about the Michelin issue with tires but you raised points I never saw and if it's under normal behavior then we have an issue outside the slidy slide driving and one year is quite a lot...

2. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Oh, you added one video about the yaw problem too. Yeah, thats more what I was expecting, because people have been talking and we werent sure if it was tires or other aspect that allowed that behavior I find quite disappointing for sure. I myself tried to match a lap with a RSR GTE and was doinf 2:20 on spa and doing that with the setup I went to 2:16...

Wow, that was a huge throw at your video!

3. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

there is no bad game, but only bad users.

- For Dirt Rally 2, I use realistic settings (default steering wheel rotation), I don't want to use a group B cars with a 270° wheel rotation like "Jon Armstrong" has suggested to be the fastest, I want a pure rally experience, and I prefer using 900°, to be slower, but I have a fun real experience, alone at home (I've tried 270°, it's easier and faster, but the experience is meeeeh, "Jon Armstrong" has posted a world record with 270° and a group B cars, I have posted him this message "be a man, use 900°", he has answered "I can use any rotation", this is the perfect example of a bad user, who use exploit or crazy unreal setting just to be the fastest on leaderboard, pathetic, I could have more respect for him if he has posted a 900° video, not at all a world record, but a true skilled experience, like Louise Cook has done, respect for ever to her thumbs down for ever for Jon Amrstrong)

here a bad user who use 360° for a group B car just to be the fastest.

here my favorite pure real driver Louise Cook who uses the default 720° for a pure experience.

- For rFactor 2, it's the same, I race alone with the AI at 100%, and my driving style doesn't use exploits. I don't seek to be the first at the leaderboard, I only want a pure real experience at my home. I prefer leaving "pros" (or exploit users") fighting together....I'm sure I will find a league with my driving style.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    davehenrie likes this.
  4. EricW

EricW Registered

Being competitive and exploiting the physics to its extremes doesn't make anyone a bad user..
    It's just not your cup of tea.
    Without ESport drivers RF2 will not survive.

Remco Majoor and Sim_Player like this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

When Daniel Ricardo joined Renault, he posted a video using a sim Renault to break a track record. Trouble was he was using the kite view, majikally floating above the car. All sorts of praise was tweeting his way. I did the same as you, called him out, be a man...git yer butt in the cockpit.!! strangely, I never got a response....

6. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

270° group B cars user spotted here, I understand.

Pawel44 likes this.
  7. EricW

EricW Registered

Are you trying to insult me publicly?

8. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

No, there is no insult, only bad interpretation.

9. EricW

EricW Registered

The report button is never far away ;)
    "And funny fact btw, I was in the rally sport once..lol "

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    AlexHeuskat likes this.
  10. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

you can report all you want here, it makes me laugh

Toro and EricW like this.
  11. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

At the moment the GT3 baiscally has no slipstream and no negative aero effects as I can tell you. The GTE has. This produces ridicolous situations in multiclass events when GTE do suffer from slipstream and aero loss (however, they seem to understeer, at least my experience) when GT3 do not. Ehh some even say if a GTE follow a GT3 it has no bad aere, but if it follow the lmp2 it has.. even more weired.
    The GT3 are really bad at the moment. You just can not overtake if the other one accelerates well out of the corner. Even if he does screw it a bit, on straights of common length you are forced to make kind of dive bombs, barely reaching his tail before brake point.

Pawel44 and Nieubermesch like this.
  12. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

All we can do is wait. I've been in a thread mentioning Ermin's first video like 5 months ago and we got at least some GT3 BoP, but S397 is probably using the physics guys on other endeavors and we can only hope they become more free soon and clean up this mess once and for all. I think it's Michael Borda, wich belonged to ISI team that is still the physics guy at S397, or am I wrong? Anyone who knows best correct me if needed.

13. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Really? I thought GT3 was sort of fixed, including those issues, but it seems now it's the opposite? This has really been going on for too long now. It's more then time S397, cmon!