Force Setup button bypasses TrackConfigs.ini

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by svictor, May 12, 2021.

1. svictor

svictor Registered

We have an upcoming endurance race with GTE at Road America. I have noticed that TrackConfigs.ini and forced aero packages setting are not working correctly, which is, by click Force Setup button, it bypasses the default GTE TrackConfigs.ini settings, and cars can use Le Mans package which should not be possible for selected track.

Here is the normal vehicle setting(using release candidate branch), which shows the correct forced Standard package (with ** at back), and even if I select Le Mans package this time, it will still force Standard package(as intended) after entering server:
    upload_2021-5-12_10-43-54.png

However, if I select Le Mans package and click Force Setup button, the Le Mans package bypasses GTE TrackConfigs.ini settings, and it now works in server:
    upload_2021-5-12_10-50-42.png

upload_2021-5-12_10-53-7.png

I'd like to know if this is a bug, or if it is a miss configuration of server or mod, and is there any way to actually force correct package. Thanks.

2. redapg

redapg Registered

That this Function overwrites other Settings, is what it is made for. ;)
    So if i understand correctly what you wrote, which is not always the Case, because of Language/Translation Barriers, it works like it has to.

3. svictor

svictor Registered

To explain more clearly.
    If I don't click "Force Setup", then select "LeMans package" and go on to Server (which using road america), the Server will force me to use "Standard aero package" as intended (as it is defined in TrackConfigs.ini in each vehicle).

So with this logic, it make no sense that by clicking "Force Setup" (on client machine), server would no longer force me to use "Standard aero package", and the whole point of having TrackConfigs.ini would be gone.

Edit: the server is hosted by someone else, I have not control of it. So if client side can bypass/override server side limit and select/activate package that should not be available, it's definitely something wrong.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Forced setups hasn’t worked for donkeys ages on servers, unfortunately.

5. lagg

lagg Registered

Last time we needed this, we ended up creating an update of the car with the upgrades.ini modified, and including in the mod only the updated cars.
    Ensure to include in the upgrades.ini a line overriding the class.
    DisplayClassOverride="YourClassName"
    And force the "Standard" Aero package, deleting the UpgradeLevel for "Le Mans".

svictor likes this.
  6. redapg

redapg Registered

I should have read more focussed. :D
    Because the Thread was titled with force Setup, i answered for Setup. :D
    And yes @Goanna, that unfortunately is true, fixed Upgrades don't work since ... too long ago.

Or is it fixed in the release Candidate?
    I don't use that.