T-LCM pedals randomly disconnecting when playing

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by MateLeLe, Apr 27, 2021.

1. MateLeLe

MateLeLe Registered

Hi,
    at the very beginning i'd like to say that this issue happens ONLY in rf2. I use T-LCM pedals connected via USB together with G29 wheel (i don't have a thrustmaster wheel though).

The issue is that my pedals randomly disconnect from my PC when playing, usually after 1-5 mins. The throttle pedal gets stuck at either 0 or 100% and there is nothing I can do. The brake pedal remains working, though. There isn't even this characteristic windows sound of disconnecting a device. It just happens and it's all over. Calibration Software stops detecting them and I have to plug them again.
    But it happens over and over again.
    What I did:
    -reinstalled rf2 (no result)
    -changed USB ports (no result)
    -replaced the USB cable (it was even worse)
    -flashed my BIOS in case it's USB support problem (no result)
    The only thing that's left is to reinstall the system, but is it necessary?
    This happens ONLY in rf2, i can play F1 2020 or ETS2 for hours and not a single issue. Launch rF2 and this happens almost immediately.
    Please help.

PC:
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600
    MOBO MSI B450M mortar
    RTX 2060
    2x8 GB RAM DDR4

2. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Have you tried to update the drivers for the pedal set? Is there a new driver and bios for the pedals? Maybe a reinstall of the pedal software and re-calibration?
    Check Thrustmaster support page for new software and bios.

3. MateLeLe

MateLeLe Registered

there are no drivers for these pedals, the thrustmaster website states that it's a "plug and play" device.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Which USB ports are the controllers connected to? Hub? Front of PC? Back of PC? USB 2, 3?

5. MateLeLe

MateLeLe Registered

i tried all the USB ports, I think have I don't have any USB 2.0 ports. But literally tried all of them, even those at the front of PC.

6. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i have those pedals
    no problem with RF2

Grey likes this.
  7. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Have you downloaded the manual and calibration software? I have this pedal set and have had no problem with rF2, but with some other Sims, I have had to restart the game, or at least go back the the start menu and check if the pedal set is recognized.

8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

if i had such problem the 1st thing i would try would be
    Delete controler.json file
    but the user already said he reinstalled rf2

9. lagg

lagg Registered

The reinstallation of rF2 doesn't modify the UserData folder and therefore doesn't reinstall the controller files.

10. MateLeLe

MateLeLe Registered

i installed rf2 in a different directory and created a new profile, only copied garage setups and replays from the old one.

lagg likes this.
  11. MateLeLe

MateLeLe Registered

it is recognised and works properly until I go out of the garage. I mean, it's ridiculous. Then after a while throttle gets stuck at 100% and calibration software either looks like in the photo or stops recognising them at all.

I'll repeat, it happens only in rF2, I have no idea why. Other games work just fine. One thing I can mention is that is started happening not so long after I reinstalled my OS (win10 1909). But I used exactly the same ISO file as before and no problems back then.

Attached Files:

12. MateLeLe

MateLeLe Registered

oh shit same just happened in ets2, i'll come back here after reinstalling the OS

13. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried a powered USB hub? Maybe it's drawing too much power or something like that.

14. Scott Trantham

Scott Trantham Registered

I have this pedal set and the same issue. However my main sim is iracing. I have had my throttle stickj at 0, 50, and 100%. I also have had my clutch stick at 100%. I also thought maybe a powered usb hub would work, nope my throttle had issues twice in about 30 min. The only thing I haven't tried is plugging them into my thrustmaster wheel which I really don't want to lose resolution by doing so.
    Has anyone had any luck with thrustmaster?

15. MateLeLe

MateLeLe Registered

I also had same issue with all the pedals stuck at 50% but plugging them again solved the problem.

I reinstalled my system today and so far no problems, we will see.

16. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i m sure its hardware related problem or drivers updates for usb

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If nothing else works, try plugging into the wheel. If that fixes it (I know it's no help to people with non-TM wheels, but...) I promise you won't be affected by the reduced resolution.

18. MateLeLe

MateLeLe Registered

okay, reinstalling the OS didn't solve the problem. I think there is nothing left to do but to destroy them with a hammer. What a piece of junk.

19. Steve Redfox

Steve Redfox Registered

Same happend here today. I use the LC pedals connected to my TS-XW ( 12bit resolution ) not through USB port. And I am very glad I purchased this combo together with the TM Sparco 310 GT weel.
    I use the set on : GTR2 (!) rF1, rF2, AC, ACC and, since Sunday, on AMS2 as well. It works fine with ALL of these products. Base is a Win 10 Ryzen9 3900K system with a 2070 Super Graphicscard. As display, I use a 43" LG OLED TV @ HD,60hz.

Today ,while racing in rf2, I experienced loss of throttle while the car was in the box. I switched to controls and tried to calibrate the throttle controller ( pedal ). Didn't work. Only after having assgned all functions of the TS-XW again, I was able calibrate Throttle, brake and clutch pedal again. Also sensitive setting ( gamma curve ) of the brake didn't work initially, but after re-assigment of the brake pedal, it worked well. I use a value of 1.0 for the loadcell pedal. My gamma curve is in the leg muscles (;-) ). During re-calibration, there was brief moment when I couldn't calibrate the brake and the software switched brake and throttle pedal assignments, all by itself ! Very strange . I managed to re-assign and re-calibrate all pedals and did two restarts. All is fine now. I raced about 2hrs. this afternoon and hat no problems again. As in the initial thread here, I had no such experiences with any of the other sims I am running. And I am driving 3 stints of 3hrs. each every day since last friday. I do test drives to get familiar with the sims and make comparisons between their FFB and physics behaviour in different car-classes. Also for training ...coming back to sim racing after an almost 6 years brake.

20. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered