mesh Wheels colision

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Barnaudprod, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Barnaudprod

Barnaudprod Registered

Hello , do you know how to modify the colision mesh of the wheels? It is not precise enough , I would like to add polygons so that the colisions with the wheels are more precise .
    Thanks in advance

2. svictor

svictor Registered

3d model mesh of tyre is actually just for visual only, apart from their position&size, they don't interact with physics; the actual tyre that interact with road physics is a separate thing (controlled by TBC & MGM data, and can be virtualized with Ctrl+U hotkey and ttool) . For visual, you just need to model the tyre with more poly to make it looks good.

3. Barnaudprod

Barnaudprod Registered

Bonjour Svictor et merci beaucoup pour votre réponse. Je ne comprends pas pourquoi, lors d'une collision avec la route ou un autre objet, parfois les roues y pénètrent. Et en appliquant ctrl + U on voit que le maillage est très imprécis (. Par contre, l'objet (gmt) est quand à lui bien fait (très détaillé).

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Collision issues are usually a problem with the track/wall/fence. The tyre collision mesh, even if it's as simple as the Ctrl-U display (it may be simplified for that purpose?), shouldn't cause any issues with collisions. A very detailed collision mesh usually causes problems.

5. Barnaudprod

Barnaudprod Registered

hello Lazza and thank you for your answer. you mean that the problem does not come from the vehicle but it comes from the environment? I drive this car on my own tracks ... thank you very much for your feedback. I'm trying to develop a Fabia R5 in an appropriate environment (rally special) and having little knowledge of 3D and computer science, it's as if I was learning to walk

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you are getting tyres/wheels stuck in objects, yes, it's probably the objects. If you do a 'real' fence with individual pieces of timber or steel, you should make an invisible wall to act as a collision object (and turn off collision for the graphical, detailed, fence). The other thing to watch out for are gaps between vertices.

7. Barnaudprod

Barnaudprod Registered

Lazza, encore une fois merci pour vos explications, mais qu'entendez-vous par: "L'autre chose à surveiller, ce sont les écarts entre les sommets."

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Small gaps in the track mesh - each triangle/quad is made up of verts (vertices - corners?), and depending how you make the track you can have small spaces between sections (the verts that make them up). You can detect gaps in 3DSMax or other 3D programs, you can also set "Gap Check" in player.json in devmode to a value (like 0.03, or 0.01) and it will show you where those gaps are.

In a 3D program I think you would generally use some sort of 'weld verts' command or script to eliminate gaps below a threshold. I've done similar on entire tracks worth of tracksurface GMTs, but that was on track conversions - if you're making the track you should be able to fix it at the source, if that is indeed your issue.

My google-translate-fu has its limitations, so I'm sorry if what I'm saying is hard to understand :)

9. Barnaudprod

Barnaudprod Registered

Encore une fois, merci pour votre implication.
    Oui, il n'est pas toujours facile de comprendre les traductions de nos traductions Google, sans cela je me sentirai très isolé.
    Mais c'est quand même plus simple que le monde de la 3D avec son langage ...;)

10. Barnaudprod

Barnaudprod Registered

Once again, thank you for your involvement.
    Yes, it is not always easy to understand the translations of our Google translates, without it I will feel very isolated.
    But it's still simpler than the world of 3D with its language ...;)