Track AIWs

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by t0p5ecret, Sep 17, 2019.

1. atomed

atomed Member

2. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Formula ISI. The fast left right chicane in the second sector. The AI will go for outside overtakes and not give each other enough room. I’d like for AI to not overtake there.

3. atomed

atomed Member

Try the AIW I did, the fastest is not good but at least they don´t crash. I´ll update the fastest, just tell me if the problem still exists. They don´t have to go one by one, they just don´t have to crash.

4. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

How to do I use the updated AIW in a dedicated server?

5. atomed

atomed Member

I have no idea but I guess you should give the possibility to upgrade to the new AIW to the people who connects to your server. Anyway don´t use the current one yet, the fastest isn´t good enough. I´ll try to improve it in the next couple of days. I´ll let you know when it´s done.

6. redapg

redapg Registered

If you create a small Update rfcmp, install it and then create the Server rfmod with the Update included, the Clients, that join the Server, get it with the downloaded rfmod too.

atomed likes this.
  7. atomed

atomed Member

8. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

just to confirm the update is for this version? Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit - SimRacingHub

Also I am adding the aiw update in the packages folder, but I can not find it to install in mod manager, or won't let me do an update of the track.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  9. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Films & TV (gyazo.com) The AI occasionally lose it at turn 1. Can they be given more grip in the first turn?

10. atomed

atomed Member

How many times? What is your AI mistake level in player.json? I raced with GT3s and GTEs and had no problem. I don't want them to be perfect so they making mistakes from time to time is ok.
    Edit: update is for 1.0

redapg likes this.
  11. redapg

redapg Registered

If that happens occasionally when the AI is "fighting" against each other and not every Lap, even when there is no Opponent in the Near, i would call that a normal Race Incident. :)
    As @atomed has said, the AI/AIW don't has to be perfect, because human Drivers aren't it too. ;)
    And one big Problem with the AIW is, that it is impossible to create one, that works properly for all kind of Cars, with all kind of possible AI Settings, Talent File Settings included.

atomed likes this.
  12. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

If an accident always happens at the same place and in every lap then there is an issue with the AIW. An AIW could be nearly perfect but sometimes the AI decides to do stupid things...

13. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

When I said occasionally I meant like 5 times in 10 laps. Maybe a bit too much? Also they don’t spin out at that corner on other Albert Park mods.

14. redapg

redapg Registered

OK, when it happens frequently, there could be something wrong with the AIW, but it also could be a Problem with the Track or the Mod.
    It's a bit strange, that a Formula Car looses the Rear in that Way, in that Corner.
    But i also have to say that i haven't checked the whole Thing (Track and Car), so i'll shut up now. :)

15. atomed

atomed Member

I didn´t get to replicate the issue. 100AI at 52 agression and 3% 20AI AM Ferraris, 10 laps practice and 5 lap race and no incident in T1 whatsoever. What are your AI settings ingame and in player.json? Also can anyone else please test it to confirm the issue?

16. redapg

redapg Registered

I'm back in. :)
    @RoboCAT10 Which Mod exactly do you use (Download Link)?
    I also want to try it out now.
    And does it happen with the original Track from the SimracingHub Site or with the from @atomed updated AIW?

atomed likes this.
  17. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Hey guys. Thanks for your help with this.

I am using F1Champs 2020 off steam. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2098299182

M
    y in game settings are 100% AI strength, 2% aggression, 0% AI limiter. AI mistakes is set to 0 on the json.

To be honest I’m not even sure if I got the updated AIW to work. I added it in the packages folder but it didn’t allow me to do any update or was seen of in mod manager.

Either way most of the track worked well. There were no incidents apart from what I mentioned at turn 1. I agree that occasional mistakes are good, however when it happens every 2 or 3 laps it sort of ruins the race. I haven’t seen the F1Champs cars lose it like that on any other circuit, although I will admit they do seem ‘slidy’ in general in the hands of the AI.

When you test I’d suggest doing at least 30 laps on fast forward. The turn 1 spins don’t happen rig he away, but to eventually.

18. atomed

atomed Member

My updated AIW should show you a "b" after the track version in the track selecting screen. Check that first before we get anywhere :D

19. redapg

redapg Registered

@RoboCAT10 OK, i will try it out.
    So it seems to be the original Track, when you could not install the Update from @atomed.

20. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Does @t0p5ecret still do AIWs, I asked him for an AIW by PM for the Nurburgring Combined. Of course, life is hectic and maybe he hasn't logged into the forum in the last 10 days.