What car would you use for classic cars AIW?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by atomed, Apr 24, 2021.

1. atomed

atomed Member

I´be been doing track AIWs for modern cars for a couple of weeks and so far it´s gone pretty well. The car I chose is the Apex Modding Ferrari and it seems to be the one I´ve gotten more versatile results with. It fits very well for tintops as well as for open wheelers. Now I want to add paths for classic cars. Which one do you think would be the best fit for a wider spectre of classic cars?

2. redapg

redapg Registered

From my own and personal Experience, i can only say that it don't really matters, which Car you use.
    I, for Example, use our F3 now and the GP3 before.
    I only gave the Tires more Grip and use an Engine with less Power.
    The most important Thing is, to drive a smooth and clean Line.
    The Problem with different Cars is, that they behave totally different, caused by their different Physics.
    The FISIR2012 or a GT3/GTE for Example, will never use the same Line that the AC Cobra 1967 uses.
    That is the Reason why you normally have to drive different Fastest Pathes for Classic Cars, with a Line that better matches their Behaviour.
    It is very seldom, that an AIW File with only one and not edited Fastest Path, works perfectly for all kind of Cars.

atomed likes this.
  3. atomed

atomed Member

Thanks, Chris. I´ll start trying with the Skippy, the trajectories should be similar.

4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I find it very useful for classic cars AI to set high tire grip, and then use performance limiting parameters. AI in rf2 doesn't seem to deal well with non downforce lesser grip to power ratio cars at equivalent performance to a player. IMO it is simply a mess and impractical to compromise AIW, when it is possible to simply do cars AI that is capable to stay on tarmac.

atomed likes this.
  5. redapg

redapg Registered

As said, it really doesn't matter which Car you use, but i would not recommend to use the Skippy, because it isn't the easiest to control Car, to drive a smooth and clean Line.

To use a Skippy to create an AIW, doesn't mean that you get a perfect working AIW for the Skippy or similar Cars. ;)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    atomed likes this.
  6. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

I have the f3eve car in devmode even though it is encrypted. You get used to driving with no cockpit and two wheels for AIW. turn off the fenders in the player file. I used the f3 eve community pack maps hdv and engines etc to get it working (they are older versions). Then I made two players with the f1 and f2 physics. I really insist on using the car i use to make the AIWs.

atomed likes this.
  7. redapg

redapg Registered

If you can control that Car to 100%, you can use it, why not.
    But i wouldn't do it and also not recommend it, because of what i had written above. :)

8. atomed

atomed Member

I agree with @redapg that technically any car can be used for recording purposes, as long as you get a clean smooth line. But to get the feel of what a classic car can achieve or not in term of driving lines I think it´s necessary to drive one of these.
    Truth is every car I tried failed miserably when doing with classic car AIs. Slow, fast, modern, classic cars. I cannot get what I have to do to make classics to do what I want them to do. That´s why I asked what car could be good for the task.
    @PatientRF2fan could you share your F3 modified car to give it a try? I don´t see myself able to do these modifications by myself.

9. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

Atomed, i will private message you the devmode f3 file. After 10 laps I got used to the yellow tires view and had no issue making AIWs.

Use any car for f3 physics and the drivers named f1 and f2 for f1 f2 physics.

I have made fantastic AIWs for classic cars with these. As I have said i prefer to use the car with the setup myself and the ai use. Big difference running the same gears. Works for me. Once in a while the ai have magic grip acceleration like the kylami straight. I lower a speed text entry to have them do a small gas lift on exit. I have to lift too or i spin anyway.
    upload_2021-7-1_16-49-6.jpeg

atomed likes this.
  10. atomed

atomed Member

Great, I need a breakout for classics, I'm stuck with them at the moment :oops: