Weird tire physics

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Gregoryleo, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Gregoryleo

Gregoryleo Registered

I'm using the G29, and the tires are,,, unresponsive? I'm not sure how to explain this issue. It's like I'm driving on ice at times. Sometimes like at the start of the race the car will jump to one side and I have to turn the wheel the opposite direction to stop it to the point of over correcting, and then the wheel centers there and I have to jerk the wheel hard in the other direction over correcting again to get the wheel back to center.
    And while in the race the car doesn't respond to sudden movements, the wheel goes off center and stays there while the car continues on a straight line. I never really feel like I'm in control of the car. Like I said, it's like driving on ice.
    I tried a few different cars and tracks, and it's not car or track specific. As an example I was on Bathurst and tried to pull into the pits. And the car simply wouldn't turn, like it was programmed to follow the track at all costs. I have lots of racing games and none of the others have this problem.
    There's lots of things I like about rF2, but this is a game breaker for me.

Any help will greatly appreciated.
    Gregoryleo

2. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

Turn off driving aids in Plugins/Difficulty section
    Steering Help,Auto Pit Lane...

Lazza likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

also make sure you are not driving on a green track. (like a track that had just been through a large rainstorm that washes all the built up rubber away.) You can alleviate this by letting AI cars circulate for a time around the track before you join in. Or you can change the realroad settings before you load the track.

4. Gregoryleo

Gregoryleo Registered

I am not using any driving aids. And the track is dry.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Something isn't working right. Aids seemed the most likely option, but if they're all off... I don't know. Try recalibrating your controls, or... I don't know. Cars don't drive themselves.

redapg likes this.
  6. redapg

redapg Registered

@Gregoryleo I also would suggest what @Lazza has written already: recalibrate your controls.
    Do it with all Functions, like Steering, Braking, Accelerating and all Keys and if it's done, save it as a new Profile and check if it works properly.
    And the next Time when you enter the Game, check if your Profile is still selected.
    What you describe is really no normal Behaviour.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Some of the other tried & true solutions.....back up your controller files, then delete your userdata folder. Restart rf2 then manually copy your old control settings back into the game.

8. redapg

redapg Registered

Yes, to rename the UserData Folder or move it out of the Installation before you start the Game, so that you get a fresh one, is also an Option that helps in many Cases.
    But when you do it, you should not put any old Controler or player File back and overwrite the fresh Files.
    You could get back the same Problem then. ;)
    If you let the Game generate a complete fresh UserData Folder, use it. ;)
    And later, if everything works, you can take your Setups, Skins and such Files from the old Folder and move it into the new Folder.
    But in this Case, i think that setting up the Wheel properly and save the Settings in a new Profile, could be enough, to solve the Problem.
    If not, the other Way, with a fresh UserData Folder, would be my 2nd Option.

9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Perhaps steering speed sensitivity thing?

10. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Well it's definitely not a tyre physics thing, it's controller related somehow.