Hud for triple screens not possible?

Discussion in 'User Interface and HUD Modding' started by C-L-M, Jan 14, 2021.

1. C-L-M

C-L-M Registered

I have a triple screen setup and want to declutter the HUD by moving several graphs to the left and right screens (as I do in most Sims). After some experimentation in DevMode I think this is not possible. If someone could tell how it can be done I would be very interested to know.

For example only X pos values between 0 and 1 can be entered. To move something to the left screen negative values should be possible, or the X origin (0) should not be the center screen but the left screen (so values between 0 and 1 would stretch 3 screens).

RealGT likes this.
  2. RealGT

RealGT Registered

I too would love to know this as I'm using three projectors for a giant display and some UI elements are hidden by the cockpit. Any help is appreciated.

3. JuanP006

JuanP006 Registered

juanchioooo and RealGT like this.
  4. RealGT

RealGT Registered

Simhub is the Assetto Corsa tool right? I had no idea it works for rFactor. Is there tutorials for this software for rFactor? Thanks

5. JuanP006

JuanP006 Registered

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    juanchioooo and RealGT like this.
  6. C-L-M

C-L-M Registered

There is nothing wrong with the information I just want to move it to the other 2 screens. Fix it Studio 397! I notice that the response of the community is to often that some other tool should be used. Whether it's the HUD or the mapping of keyboard inputs for example. Come on Studio 397: people are using triples and VR and require some options for managing the layout (on screen and interactively - no debug mode).

McFlex likes this.
  7. Rock

Rock Registered

Hello,
    I have the same problem with my widescreen. the cockpit hides from me the right and left windows which are below my sight. This makes it impossible to change the Pit strategy and other settings.
    I would like to change the location of these 2 windows without having to go through external software (if possible). Screen 1.jpg screen2.jpg

RealGT likes this.
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Try downloading other HUDs from the workshop - I imagine some must have everything higher. That's assuming you're ok with having it on the centre screen but high enough to see.

9. Rock

Rock Registered

Hi Lazza
    exact! I have not exploited this solution, I will look.
    The advantage of the RF2 info boxes is that I can make them appear or disappear with my steering wheel controls and I don't know if it's doable with the workshop HUDs.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The workshops HUDs are the same elements as the standard huds. (people create/edit them in the same way the OP was trying to do for triple screens)

11. Rock

Rock Registered

oh yes!
    I don't know if this is what CLM is looking for, but for me this is what I am looking for.
    You can recommend one.

12. Rock

Rock Registered

So far I haven't found anything in the HUD plugs that allow you to replace or move these info boxes.
    In my case, it is mainly to ask the pits to change the quality of their tires (medium, hard ...) and others before returning to the Pits, so I cannot change my strategy during the race.
    I think this is the problem that RealGT and CLM also encounter. Pos Box.jpg

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Crew Chief will run your pitstops via voice. Other voice programs like Voice Attack can be programed to open your pit window, move up or down, increase or decrease settings... If you really need a hud, then Simhub, as stated above. Or, as an earlier poster stated, he wants it integrated by S397. You can wait for S397, and wait. Folks have been waiting over two years just for a piece of tape on the Porsche steering wheel.

14. Rock

Rock Registered

Thank you Davehenrie for all these tips,
    Indeed, I may have misinterpreted Lazza advice and looked in the wrong place (Third Party Content / Other "HUD") and not in the "SimHub" tools.
    When I played with "Momo Black" on a chair, I had no problem ;-)) and wanting to get closer to reality ends up bringing other disadvantages. For Crew Chief in my case it is not easy because I am at the center of an audio system which must approach 100db, but yes it could be a good idea.

Yes there are a lot of things that we expect from then .... RF2 taught us to be patient or resourceful

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Those boxes are definitely movable as part of making a new HUD (in-game HUD), but without going through the entire process yourself you're just trying to find one someone else has done that moves those up. I don't know any examples myself, I can't say if any do that in particular. One of the old standard ones with rF2 moved those up, though.

16. Rock

Rock Registered

Sometimes the translation makes me misinterpret your advice and I'm sorry.

I don't know where to look to find the lines of code for these boxes and I don't think I have the capacity to do it so I don't think I will do it myself, indeed.

You want to talk about the Plugin by Fazerbox

At worst I will put rear-view mirrors throughout the room ;-))

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, rF2 used to come with 4 HUDs as standard. One of them had that car info screen up the top.

@Rock KasperHUD has at least one layout with the MFD up the top.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021