American StockCar Challenge

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by juanarg70, Feb 10, 2021.

1. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

I increased the slope of Bajada de Belen by 60%. Pray for it to feel ok ingame. Tonight I would rebuild the track. Add a few trees and lightpoles to have some visual reference and share the devmode folder here. cheers.

Corti and Mauro like this.
  2. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Does anyone know how to model a barbed wire fence?. For what I look on web search the best way is to use 3dsmax civil view object placement style editor to model a plane over a feature line and mapping a wire fence on this plane. I wonder if old phone post lines are built in the same manner.

3. Brent

Brent Registered

I'd take a look at how the fences were done at Longford as a reference. I'm assuming the wires would be a flat plane with a texture mapped with alpha/chroma transparency. You could add some polys to the plane to make it appear to not be 100% straight and then use a bump and spec map to get the desired look. I've never used civil view object placing but it sounds like it's similar. There's a couple screenshots of Longford here in this article by SRP. https://simracingpaddock.com/rfactor2/rf2-longford-1967-0-98-released/

Corti and juanarg70 like this.
  4. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Improvising Boxes
    [​IMG]

Corti likes this.
  5. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Okey.. I learned how to place trees.. thats for sure hahaha. I have to build separated corridors for different lines of trees, poles and objects for pits. If not objects could be flying and more difficult to model quickly. Civil iew in 3ds doesn't allow to get a plane over a feature line so the wire fence i can't do it for now. I think I would have to model a plane myself and map it over those feature lines. I'm getting the hang of the process.

check the Belen drop a tell me what you think. The track mesh seems a bit smoother than the old version. In the older version I applied noise to 130 different meshes with different seeds to each one.. maybe this is why it feels different. I still hasn't build the xsector planes.
    cheers

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    Mauro and Corti like this.
  6. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

The Belén drop came out too steep. I'm changing other stuff from the track Main. We have 2 roundabouts and the racing lanes turno into a 4.5 meter track. Instead of modeling the whole roundabout on civil I'll change the track corridors to 4.5 mts on that parts. Then I need to learn how to model trackmeshes from scratch in 3ds and follow terrain with no errores. this I Will use to complete the roundabouts and build secundary asphalt and dirt tracks that meet the side of the Main track.

Corti likes this.
  7. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Nailed the intersection between RP74 y Av Don Bosco. And this is how the lanes in roundabouts will be modeled. I will later build the rest of the roundabout as secondary tracks (no racing usable) in 3ds. I will try a new method for modeling chicanes.. this track has 9 chicanes :eek::eek:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Corti likes this.
  8. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

I freaking do it guys!!! We are gonna get perfect chicanes

[​IMG]

Alex V., Hazi, pkelly and 4 others like this.
  9. Alex V.

Alex V. Registered

Just found out about this old track a couple of days ago, man it must have been scary!
    On a sidenote, can't you name the cars TC del Sudoeste?

10. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

I don't know. I don't care much about the name really.

11. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Still struggling with chicanes. Getting unexpected issues with autodesk civil 3d corridors. Wish me luck. Will keep you update to any news.

Corti likes this.
  12. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

This is my first chicane finished. I'm still getting an issue with the daylight to existing ground. But its almost perfect. I hope the other 8 go smoothly

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

I encountered some mishaps on chicane track meshes. Because some chicanes are over Main track curves.. these have superelevated lanes. But the chicane kurbs follow the previously define alignments so we get a drop/mismatch (as these
    don't follow the superelevated profiles). Further study is needed :mad:. I have to build the chicane corridors from feature lines extracted from the Main track corridors.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  14. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

This could work. This chicane was built with featurelines extracted from the main corridor. I dont have here a picture of the old faulty chicanes.. but this looks better.

[​IMG]

Hazi, Mauro and Corti like this.
  15. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Now we're talking.. They need a little tweaking in 3ds but I think we are good to go.

[​IMG]

Hazi, pkelly, MiguelVallejo and 2 others like this.
  16. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

I'm still making adjustment to chicanes. I will delete 4 of the 10 chicanes because some of them just ruin the fun of the track really. I learned how to place planes meshes for wire fences.. but failed on mapping a texture correctly over them. I'm getting a weird issue with trees. They show perfectly in rear view.. but in front view some of them are missing.. and many others seems like the texture is only applying on one of the crossed planes that form the tree mesh. Had a few messages with w00ch00, Longford's creator.. but he does't know where the problem might be.

I also build the xsector planes.. but for some reason they don't work. Each xsector is a double plane near eachother with normals in opposite direction. I build them correctly I think.. although the texture loaded onto them is missing. will test with another texture in asset folder to test if they work.

Corti and MiguelVallejo like this.
  17. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

the xsectors now work.. but as soon as I jump into race... it says Im exiting pitlane and giving me a pit pass sanction jajajja

18. redapg

redapg Registered

That probably happens, because the Corridors of the Pit and the main Path are overlapping in the Area between the XPitIn and XPitOut Object.
    You can check that, by making the Corridors visible in the "show/hide" Menu of the AIW Editor.
    To avoid that, create a Pitwall Mesh, that separates these Areas and then execute the "find Corridors" Routine in the AIW Editor.

juanarg70 and Corti like this.
  19. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Corti, Mauro and MiguelVallejo like this.
  20. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Skins are finally on the making. Stay tuned
    [​IMG]

Corti, MiguelVallejo, GeraArg and 5 others like this.