Cars gridding up causing other cars to move.

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by TheSecret1, Apr 6, 2021.

1. TheSecret1

TheSecret1 Registered

When gridding up, cars are causing other cause to slide and get out of position.
    It is like the cars slide from the garage to the grid and take out cars on their way?
    any ideas on how to fix?

Attached Files:

2. redapg

redapg Registered

There, as almost always, can be several Reasons for such a Behaviour.
    As first, i would check, if in the GDB File, the starting Method that you use in Connection with the Starting Grid Location, is set to from Alt Grid and if that is the Case and the AIW has no Alt Grid Positions, you get this Problem, for Example.

3. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Known issue with that track, and the author is no longer working on it, @SmellySkidmark did a fix (with permissions) for this but the Dropbox links on steam are not working by the look of things.

4. TheSecret1

TheSecret1 Registered

GDB file does not have any starting information.
    What would I need to do to include it?

Additionally, the AIW does not have ALTGRID positions.
    should I just copy the the [GRID] positions in there?

Attached Files:

5. redapg

redapg Registered

Yes, copy the Grid Positions and paste them into the AltGrid Section of the AIW.
    If that doesn't solve the Problem, report again here.

6. TheSecret1

TheSecret1 Registered

@redapg - did that, but no cigar
    upload_2021-4-7_12-45-31.png

7. redapg

redapg Registered

Would you mind to upload the Track and send me the Link by private Conversation?
    It's much easier and quicker than to try to fix it by posting here in the Forum.
    As said, there can be several Reasons.
    And i promise to not to sell your Work. :)

8. TheSecret1

TheSecret1 Registered

9. Brent

Brent Registered

Joesville has this issue. It seemed to slightly help if the right side cars on the grid joined first then the left Frustrating cars got damaged before the start of the race. Hoping Joesville gets a full PBR and night lighting update, and also to have a standard track in devmode with descriptions in the GDBs etc. for modders to reference.

10. TheSecret1

TheSecret1 Registered

Yeah, that is our fall back atm. The odd numbered cars, on the left, load first and then the even load second, plus have enough time for them to reset if possible.

11. redapg

redapg Registered

As i have said to @TheSecret1 in our private Conversation, i could not reproduce the Problem in DevMode and then he said, that it only happens on the Server.
    And from what you did write now, that also Joesville has that Problem, i would suppose that there is something bugged in the Game.
    Especially when it depends on if the Cars on the right or left Grid Line gets loaded first.
    I often did use Joesville for quick Testing and i never had that Problem.
    Can you tell me if it's reproducable and if yes, how?
    I mean, Standing Start, rolling Start, with/without Formation Lap, skip Formation Lap...
    Maybe i always did use a Starting Option where the Problem doesn't show up.

12. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I've seen it a lot during oval races, which are rolling starts. The issue is the cars seem to get "dragged" out of the garage. It doesn't happen every time you race though. If you watch a replay, you see the cars flying to and from the garage spot.

TheSecret1 likes this.
  13. Justifier

Justifier Registered

Hi lads, I see this is Symmons Plains. I have the 0.97 version which I can upload to mediafire and provide a link to if it doesn't break any rules etc.? I haven't had time to test yet to see if the problem is fixed in this version so some feedback would be good. I have also noticed that this track causes slow motion replays for me and also slow motion at times on my Spectator PC. Has anyone else experienced this and know a fix? I know its not CPU, GPU or memory as I have monitored those and they are all fine. Research tells me it is track specific as well. Cheers

14. redapg

redapg Registered

And it also always happens only in Multiplayer and only for the human Drivers?
    If it's not a Bug in the Network Code of the Game, maybe it's something with the Network Settings of the Server, like Up- and Download Rates.
    @TheSecret1 What are your Internet Connection Settings (up-/ download Rates) of the Server?
    And is there maybe a "big" Increase on the CPU load when the People join the Grid?
    And does it also happens when you use another Track?
    If it's OK with other Tracks, it would at least confirm that the Problem is caused by the Track and it maybe could be solved then.

15. Goanna

Goanna Registered

On our server up and down are set at 400Mbps only happens on that track and I’ve not noticed any big increases in cpu loads. I’ve had a quick look at the track in 3dsimed and the grid spots (blue box when click show grid) and they look ok but there are some special waypoints there that I’m not sure what they are/do.

16. Brent

Brent Registered

It happens in multiplayer and using rolling starts, I haven't tried standing start etc. I do not have the issue in DevMode. The AI line up no problem.

17. redapg

redapg Registered

Unfortunately i can not Test it on a Server.
    Neither the Steam Dedi nor the rF2 Dedi work, while they worked properly some Time ago.
    I only get the "Invalid Server Info" Message.
    Sometimes i am so tired of it.....

EDIT Sorry, was my own Fault. I forgot that the direct Link to the LAN Steam Dedi doesn't work if the Dedi has a Password set.

So i can test it now.....i hope :D

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    Brent likes this.