Released Released | Circuit d'Azur Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Travis, RaceNut, Sim_Player and 3 others like this.
  2. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

FINALLY (since 2019) !

edit :
    ..."we hope the many hundreds of laps completed by our development team"...

It took me one lap to see that :

it's far to be perfect, I have tried the GT3, it seems ok, even if some walls are really close.
    For Tatuu F3, it's a disaster, they hit the wall and jump on the curbs....
    20210324160346_1.jpg
    20210324155525_1.jpg
    20210324155538_1.jpg
    20210324155552_1.jpg
    20210324160159_1.jpg
    20210324160238_1.jpg
    20210324160248_1.jpg

I think OW AIW needs a fix, I wll try the others classes.
    @t0p5ecret Can you try your AIW please, I don't want to wait for 2 more years for a broken new AIW....

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    haunetal1990 and McFlex like this.
  3. Spyro

Spyro Registered

Thanks guys !
    Glad to see my bug report proved to be usefull :)

mixer61 likes this.
  4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Looking forward to trying it,
    It’s a great hot lapping track

big thanks

5. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

The Azure circuit does not update at home!

6. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Nice update, thanks!
    Put about 20 laps in with the M23 after some refinement tuning with 11 AI's. Like what you've done with the place.

7. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

Those ugly RF2 banners need to be removed/reduced!

Foresight likes this.
  8. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

I am not seeing these issues in the Tatuus F3, what are your AI settings?
    For me they slightly hit the curb but nothing too extreme.

9. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

50% agression, 25% limiter.
    Maybe it's bad.

10. David Short

David Short Registered

The mp4/8's still crashing in same places as well...multicar pile ups through tunnel and turning in early after the tunnel into barrier before chicane. Also kissing walls at many other places. AI settings 100 skill 30 aggression and 0.

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

What version should the track be now? Since some folks are not having problems and others are, perhaps the update is not completed.

12. Christopher Elliott

I'm not seeing that here, in fact MP4/8s are looking pretty well behaved. I also set 100/30 to test it.

13. Christopher Elliott

v1.15 is the current version

davehenrie and pkelly like this.
  14. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

20210324225919_1.jpg

ok with Agression at 25% and limit at 0 it's pretty good, I can enjoy one of my favorite tracks now, thanks !
    For GT3, the Mercedes and Mclaren 720S need maybe more steer lock, they hit the wall at the hairpins, but it's not a track issue, just a car problem.

pkelly and davehenrie like this.
  15. David Short

David Short Registered

Thanks for the reply I tried it on RC build and old UI build with same results on mp4/8 and mp4/13 did seem like old version 1.01 although it was showing build 1.15. I did notice in my packages there was both a 1.14 version and 1.15 version? Is there suppose to be 2 file versions?Perhaps an uninstall and reinstall of the track and verify of files will solve my problem. Thanks again

16. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Yep, two versions for S397 content, the lower number being the encrypted stuff and the higher number the non encrypted stuff. Once installed it shows the higher version number, in this case 1.15. Have a look in the ...rF2/installed/locations folder for Circuit d’Azur and the should be two folder under that (1.14 and 1.15), if you have more folders with lesser numbers, then you probably have a race event(vmod) linking the older version, find the vmod and uninstall it, then you can delete the lower numbered folders.

17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Release Candidate UI
    just had the Tatuus F3 WSK AI run around for about 15 minutes, with 12 AI so there was no crowding, just practice. I did see ONE car scrape a guardrail, but barely enough to notice. The movement over the curbs was controlled with no hopping or bouncing. I have to say the correction appears, with my limited testing, to be a sucess.

18. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Something that I would like to add to this topic is that people should also adjust their expectations when using content like Monaco. It's a very special track und incredibly difficult to adjust the AI globaly for all kind of cars and conditions. The harder the car is to drive the more difficult it'll be for the AI. Now add varying track conditions on top of it and you get thousends of possible scenarios. I tried the update yesterday booting the full Porsche Mobile 1 Supercup 2019 skinpack yesterday, wich has over 30 cars and it was ... special. :D

There were several incidents with cars spinning (me included :p) and traffic jams in the early stages of a 10 lap race, but the amazing thing is that all pileups got solved by the AI itself and the race could unfold naturaly. From my experience there are very few sims that even make this possible. During qualifying when there was very low grip at the beginning there were situations with cars getting launched into the fences. :eek: Tbh, this all looked pretty much how I would expect a Porsche Cup race with over 30 cars on a track like this.

Overall I had the AI difficulty at 95 % with 5 % agression, so pretty much average. A good rule of thumb is to use a bit of more rubber, lower the agression and the amount of AI cars for a track like this.

On a last note: not really an issue with the track itself, but it becomes very apparent with a track like this. One thing that should be included into the new UI is the option to switch single and double file formation laps. AI driving double file through Loews is generaly speaking not a good idea. it doesn't even work with real people in reality :D

JamesB and davehenrie like this.
  19. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Registered

I was going to by this track but at the moment I'm a bit hacked of with the pricing. (ok so it's not going to break the bank!). So if I buy the track bundle I make a saving but I already own Nords and Sebring having bought them when they come out, there was no bundle then. So to add those two tracks from the pack it's £17.07. Hardly seems fair when you can buy 4 tracks for £21.01. I've had rFactor 2 from start and the same thing has happened with the cars, I was buying them as released. Ok so it quids here and there but it's the principle that upsets me. Attract new members and not really reward longstanding users, a bit like broadband and phone deals now I guess.

20. Eduardo Henriques

Eduardo Henriques Registered

Alex Sanchez likes this.