SOLVED GTE Gear Ratios

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by RNeves, Mar 21, 2021.

Tags:
  1. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Hey there!
    For some reason, I can't change the gear ratios on GTE cars.
    Other cars that are supposed to have fixed gears, have "fixed" written instead of each gear ratio, so I assume that not being able to change them on GTE cars is a bug.
    Anyone else having this problem?
    Tried to uninstall and reinstall the game and this problem still persists.
    Cheers

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I blame Steam for this penchant of UN-installing, RE-Installing. Over and over we see it in these trouble-shooting questions. I'm not criticizing you, it's just the the above method should be the LAST step, not the first. Also, when you un-install, you only remove the core game files. Thus leaving behind the potential problem to rear-up as soon as you re-install. If ALL the GTE cars have fixed gears, instead of just one, that would not indicate a bug. One thing you will notice among many of the DLC cars is that somethings that SHOULD be adjustable are not. We, users like yourself, assume most of those are forced upon S397 by particular roadblocks put up during the licensing process.
    FWIW, I just checked the Corvette, and the gearing was locked. So your install wasn't bugged.

JEmilio and RNeves like this.
  3. RNeves

RNeves Registered

That's nice to hear.
    But at the same time, I think that real cars have adjustable gearing (or am I wrong?).
    The default gear ratios are too tall.
    It would be nice to hear from the devs about this, I hope they see this thread and come with an answer.
    It can possibly be some licensing constraint, as you said.
    Thanks alot!

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Remember to check the customize screen to see if the car has a Le Mans option. If it does, choose the other option and gearing might improve.

RNeves likes this.