FFB Strength Adjustment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by arilink, Mar 8, 2021.

Tags:
  1. arilink

arilink Registered

更新新的UI页面后,我在游戏中找不到力反馈强度的调整选项。沿直线行驶时,方向盘非常轻,所以我可以用一根手指转动方向盘。我试图修改F:\ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ rFactor 2 \ UserData \ player Controller.JSON文件中的转向扭矩功能值不起作用。如何修改游戏输出的力反馈强度值?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Google translate: After updating the new UI page, I couldn't find the adjustment option of force feedback intensity in the game. When driving in a straight line, the steering wheel is very light, so I can turn the steering wheel with one finger. I tried to modify the steering torque function value in the F:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player Controller.JSON file does not work. How to modify the force feedback intensity value output by the game?

Make sure Wheel is selected, then adjust force feedback of the current car:
    确保选择“车轮”,然后调整当前汽车的力反馈

upload_2021-3-8_17-11-18.png

You cannot make it more powerful in controller.JSON.
    您无法使其在controller.JSON中更强大。

3. arilink

arilink Registered

I tried to increase the Car specfic but it didn’t work

4. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Registered

Exactement!

5. arilink

arilink Registered

What do you mean? Did I do something wrong?

6. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

In the controller JSON there is a place to tell the game what your wheels max strength in nm. Maybe that got corrupted?

7. arilink

arilink Registered

I tried to enlarge the value (default 2.5 to 25) but the overall force feedback is still relatively small

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, you don't want that setting. There's not really anything that makes the wheel force feedback stronger, except the vehicle multiplier I showed above. If your wheel is weak then something else is wrong - could be for some reason the FFB isn't working properly at all, since this happened with the new UI.

9. arilink

arilink Registered

我也认为新的UI有一个错误。以前的力反馈效果要比现在强得多,并且更改游戏中的参数根本不起作用。

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The last Release Candidate build I think fixed a bug where a change to the FFB setting wouldn't take effect the first time you got in the car - but that doesn't sound like your issue. If there was a problem with FFB in the new UI lots of people would have said something already. I think it's something with your setup, could simply be your game is somehow slightly corrupted.

You could try removing your UserData folder, Verify rF2 files in Steam, and then try again. Just keep your old UserData folder as a backup.

11. arilink

arilink Registered

好吧,让我尝试

12. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I've seen cases where issues arise with the "controller.json" file vs the player's unique controller-profile.

The actual file named "controller.json" should not need to be altered manually, rF2 handles that automatically when we change controller parameters in the UI. I suspect when we alter this file manually, it may cause issues with how rF2 handles changes made to the user's active controller-profile.

Whatever the cause, one possible solution may be to delete the existing "controller.json" and your named controller-profile (*.json), run Steam File Integrity Verification for rF2 and start with a fresh controller-preset for your hardware setup. Choose the best match for your steering system, edit axis and assignments as needed, then save (or export) that new controller-profile with a unique name. Once you have done that, you can then manually edit that uniquely-named controller-profile if / as needed, save it and be sure to reload that same file in-game when you run rF2 again.

There may also be issues with user-altered controller presets / corrupted controller presets. Deleting those and running rF2 Steam File Integrity Verification will replace those files with new ones. That way, we can be sure we are using updated working controller presets on which to build our controller profile.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@arilink in future please add an English translation of your posts, it will help :cool:

14. arilink

arilink Registered

Okay, my English is not very good. I have always used Google to translate it. I copied it wrong yesterday. I’m really sorry. Thank you very much for your help.

15. arilink

arilink Registered

16. arilink

arilink Registered

I have a new problem. Currently, it has strong feedback, but there is no impact on the road shoulder. Where can I adjust this?

17. Transyt

Transyt Registered

我觉得这个跟赛道的路肩设置有关,有些路肩比较高,单侧轮胎看上去会给你一个朝向路肩那侧的力矩反馈,但有些路肩是平的,开上去不会有反应。这个是没办法调的,RF2的力回馈完全基于物理模型,没有额外的效果可以调节。另外,不同的车的力反馈差异可能非常大,这是RF2的一个特点,不像其他sim的力回馈差异比较小。