CS-closed GT Challenge Season 3

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donat

Donat Registered

It's at low or green or something like that.

ayrtonforever likes this.
  2. It is not green, however its not showing either. We are not messing with it now, due to ongoing competitions. Wednesday we will reivew what happened. But its more grip than green for sure.

ayrtonforever and Donat like this.
  3. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

Thanks Jimmi, I was asking to know how can I train offline in same conditions. with static green i just can go under 1:43 struggling. Let's say medium?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  4. Dennis shared a RR file on our discord, sorry not at PC right now. But you should be able to get it from there - or simply join a session and save the realroad

ayrtonforever likes this.
  5. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

Tried it, looks like green tbh

6. Matt Webb

Matt Webb Registered

Might carry over the 5 minute practice rubber

7. Just to make sure you know this, been a few questions on discord.
    The final session on the 9th at 23:00 will continue until it is done on the 10th (CET at 01:30) and that will be the final session.

Good luck drivers :)

8. Michael Roellin

Michael Roellin Registered

General question towards staff since I'm new to the competition system.

Yesterday I joined the qualifier for the first time and signed up with the Audi just to see how it is and to do my first laps. Now I saw that I can't change my car (or I just can't find the option for it), even though I want to continue qualifying with the Porsche. Is there any way to actually switch or am I stuck with the Audi now with no option to adjust it? If no, could it be adjusted by staff?

Would be glad about clarification, since I haven't raced in the new system yet, to properly do my final sprint for the ranking tomorrow evening.

9. No it can't the car you sign up with is the car you are stuck with.

10. Sebastian Pfeiffer

Sebastian Pfeiffer Registered

@Michael Roellin Caught me out aswell. ;) I guess, I will be captain of a MS Boatley this season then.

Georgi Nedev likes this.
  11. Michael Roellin

Just really inconvenient with this and the forced timeslots compared to old hot-lapping competitions, but oh well, can't change that now I guess.

I at least hope we can still change the car we drive throughout the season compared to the qualifier, otherwise I'm not gonna bother with this season @Sebastian Pfeiffer

12. Sebastian Pfeiffer

@Michael Roellin I read exactly that in the rF2 Discord, I believe. (You have to do the season in the car you qualified with)

I just didn't realize, that one couldn't try different cars in different quali sessions (respectively you would have to try them offline, before signing up officially in the competition system).

13. Michael Roellin

Well that means I gotta find something else to do besides qualifying for today :)

And it's hard to know such things beforehand when there is no such information anywhere to be found on the official competition introduction or forum post @Sebastian Pfeiffer . Guess we just gotta read the minds of the staff to find out what's gonna happen next season.

14. Sebastian Pfeiffer

Well, as they always say in Germany after anouncing the lottery numbers "Alle Angaben ohne Gewähr" :D

Edit: Hmmm, sign up process for 20:00 session doesn't seem to have worked. I guess, that is me out aswell. @Jimmi Allison So directly the heads up, to please skip me, if I should stay in Top 90. Sorry for the inconvenience, really can't work out, what went wrong there. And there doesn't seem to be a possibility to unsubscribe from a competiton on your own just yet.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  15. Pedro Crulas Gomes

Pedro Crulas Gomes Registered

Just to be sure about if there could be some drivers penalty about this or not before the oficial results announcement ?

Because as anyone could saw almost every driver on big cars like Bentley, Vette BMW guys were cutting the 2nd leg(to right) in the 2nd chicane within all the FOUR WHEELS ON THE GRASS ... and some of them also saying that done that on discords !

What can we expect about it pls ?
    I wanted to choose one of those cars to do the same if knew it was legal ...

16. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

There could be people penalized yes. But don't get your hopes up.

17. Season starts with a prequal yes?
    As soon as you start qualifying for a season, you are not allowed to change car. You can test and practice all cars offline as much as you want. Or setup a test server. But as soon as you sign up - its locked.

18. There will be a few things changing on the schedule. As practice wont be in front of the session (inside CS) we will have servers open. But will be closed down in time for you to make it to registration. Sessions in between the R1 and R2 will make it a few minutes longer. I will update as soon as i have the final details.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  19. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered

Pedro Crulas Gomes likes this.
  20. Top 90, please prepare liveries - no one outside top 90 (regardless) needs a livery.
    Email will be sent out tonight to participants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.