Announcement | Motorsport Games Enters Into Agreement to Acquire rFactor 2 and Developer Studio 397

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Registered

[QUOTE = "lagg, post: 1062327, member: 33505"] Congratulazioni Studio397.
    Ti auguro il meglio con questo accordo.
    Vorrei fare alcune domande relative a questo.
    Si prevede di utilizzare il motore Ureal in rF2?
    Se è così, sai come influenzerà il contenuto (ufficiale e modificato)?
    Si prevede di continuare a sviluppare rF2 come piattaforma aperta per modder e comunità?
    Grazie e buona fortuna. [/ QUOTE]

Sono pessimista ripeto, RF2 non sarà più sviluppato e morirà presto, e per PS5 nascerà anche Rfactor 3 multipiattaforma commerciale, come ACC, quindi la fine per noi amanti delle simulazioni hard, arrivederci RF2.

2. Germano Cervini

I am pessimistic I repeat, RF2 will no longer be developed and will die soon, and commercial cross-platform Rfactor 3 will also be born for PS5, like ACC, so the end for us lovers of hard simulations, goodbye RF2.

Juergen-BY and Rui Santos like this.
  3. lagg

lagg Registered

I hope that you're not right.
    We'll see if S397 inform us about this.

4. Germano Cervini

I'm pretty sure this will happen, whoever bought studio 397 is in the hands of shareholders, and shareholders need money, lots of money and don't care about the "simulation", so they will make an arcade sim that works for everyone and is multi-platform. so goodbye rfactor 2, it's the end, bye

Kobradelta1000 and Juergen-BY like this.
  5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Presumptions, assumptions and speculations abound.

Funny how some see it as the death knell for RF2, if only they watched the interview and properly read the press release they may realise it's not the end of the world!

Personally I see nothing but good to come from this, but then I've always been a positive person looking on the bright side of life, not negatively predicting the worst of the doom & gloom possibilities.

Chin up chaps, the future is bright.

nonamenow, McKiernan, xerofer and 3 others like this.
  6. lagg

lagg Registered

Presumptions, assumptions and speculations abound.
    Yes, you're right :p
    Jokes aside, If I understand correctly, we don't know if it's an agreement or a buying. No? (language barriers, sorry)

7. TTM

TTM Registered

This is only my opinion, so not thrown stones.... S397 will continue working with rF2 at least 2021, because they want competition system fully working, so it can be used as part of other MG games.

There will be more content and fixes, but someday work with rF2 will stop and they start to work another game, maybe it's not called rF3.
    I don't see much point to switch UE to rF2, so we will see same kind of progress with rFactor series what Kunos made with AC to ACC.

Sadly modding possibilities with modern games is what it is, so if people wants learn to make cars and tracks to games they have to use old games for that.

8. Germano Cervini

I have an experience in the world of simulations of 20 years, even more, and I can understand the economic implications that move behind an automotive simulation product, I hope I'm wrong I repeat, but for me rfactor 2 is dead forever, the same dynamics as Netkar prp and motoring 1, the rest was put in the hands of investors and money, the new company that bought RF2 and Studio 397, wants in a short time, the money for the shareholders, and the current rfactor 2 is a tough professional simulator, and can't please everyone, so commercial RF3 will be born ............. F2 is dead for me!

Kobradelta1000 and Juergen-BY like this.
  9. lagg

lagg Registered

That is clear from your first message, actually form the second (the first was in italian :p)

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It's an Acquisition, so sorta both i think :)

lagg likes this.
  11. instinkt

instinkt Registered

these people helped S397 with Ferrari licenses and they were organisers of Virtual 24h of Le Mans and Formula E events - this doesn't sound to me like ur nonsense moaning about turning rFactor into next Project Cars 3

they acquired studio from Luminis hands - S397 never was standalone studio

like every thing in the world, maybe in 100 years, maybe in 10 we will see but it's not time to cry but to look at opportunities

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

But that's just your "assumption", you don't know the financial dealings in the background so you've come to your own negative conclusion, which is fine but IMO your incorrect.

R.Noctua likes this.
  13. Germano Cervini

I hope so, I MO THIS SIMULATOR, it is the only one that can scare IRACING, but I am pessimistic, see the end that has made netkar Pro or AC, and others, they have distorted them and made them more "SELLABLE" , who brings the money ............. hopefully I'm wrong!

Mauro and Rui Santos like this.
  14. AMillward

AMillward Registered

if you had actually watched the interview, they’re going to let rf2 be autonomous and let them carry on what they are currently doing, and motorsport games will handle more the commercial side of it to let 397 carry on.

but nah, crying that it’s dead is easier.

15. atomed

atomed Member

With all the data available right now it´s fair to say we have not a clue about what´s going to happen. I only hope it brings more staff to the development of rF2 so it grows quicker.

memoNo1 likes this.
  16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Watch the interview I posted in this thread, it pretty much sums most aspects up so there are plenty of clues as to what is to come :)

17. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I love how people are already crying it's dead, even though not a single thing has changed yet for them

18. atomed

atomed Member

Yeah, I was watching it, I mean with all the corporate talk I can´t get a solid clue about what concrete steps are going to be taken in what direction.

Rui Santos likes this.
  19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Then take the "wait and see" approach, there's no need to get hyped up and predict the worst like other people. As above nothing has changed for you or me or any user, RF2 Development is still ongoing and that's a cold hard Fact.

20. atomed

atomed Member

+1, indeed that what I was trying to say in my first post, that we have no reason to claim it is dead or stuff like this :p

memoNo1 and MarcG like this.