CS-closed BMW SIM M2 CS Racing Cup 2021 (Season 2)

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Intro:
    BMW SIM M2 CS Racing Cup Season 2 is moving to GT Pro support series. Each round will be held on the same tracks as GT Pro and will be done in time for GT Pro qualifying.

By entering this competition you agree to the Terms of Participation and our rules

Required content:
    BMW M2 and tracks listed below

Splits:
    No

Broadcast:
    Yes on our Twitch channel - before GT Pro. Broadcast starts at 19:20

Livery submission:
    As per rules, we require a custom made livery, the deadline (for first race) is 5th March at 12.00

Name vs nickname:
    We require every participants to use their real name in game, in our competition system and on our forum. We need to be able to recognize you. If you have a nickname and need to change it - contact our staff.

Qualifying into each race
    Pre Qualifying starts on February 25th, with three 'two-hour' open qualification sessions in the days ahead of each race event. At the end of the qualification competition the top 30 (+ reserves) will get invited into the qualifier races, for the chance to qualify for the BMW SIM M2 CS Racing Cup and take on the world at the virtual racetracks. Follow @bmwmotorsport Twitter for the latest news!

Season schedule:
    Qualifications:
    25-27 February: Imola
    11-13 March: Spa-Francorchamps
    25-27 March: Silverstone GP
    08-10 April: Nurburgring (no chicane)
    22-24 April: Sebring
    06-08 May: Indianapolis
    Races:
    08 March: Imola // Replay // Podium: Marcell Csincsik - Jiri Toman - Johannes Drayss
    22 March: Spa-Francorchamps // Replay // Podium: Marcell Csincsik - Michal Smidl - Jiri Toman
    05 April: Silverstone GP // Replay // Podium: Jiri Toman - Marcell Csincsik - Risto Kappet
    19 April: Nurburgring // Replay // Podium: Erhan Jajovski - Johannes Drayss - Joonas Raivio
    03 May: Sebring // Replay // Podium: Marcell Csincsik - Jiri Toman - Risto Kappet
    17 May: Indianapolis // Replay // Podium: Marcell Csincsik - Jiri Toman - Erhan Jajovski - Philipp Drayss
    Blue are invites to BMW Sim Live

Race day details:
    Race length:
    20 minutes
    Pro Race day: every other Monday
    In-game race time: 15:00

Schedule:
    18:00 - Open Practice
    19:15 - Qualifying
    19:30 - Race start support (followed by GT Pro)

Prizes
    For each race
    1st: €500
    2nd: €250
    3rd: €100

Event specific rules:
    - 3 Warnings before cut penalty

Pre Qualifying starts on February 25th, with three 'two-hour' open qualification sessions in the days ahead of each race event. At the end of the qualification competition the top 30 (+ reserves) will get invited into the qualifier races, for the chance to qualify for the BMW SIM M2 CS Racing Cup and take on the world at the virtual racetracks. Follow @bmwmotorsport Twitter for the latest news!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2021
  2. Qualifiers - please note that this first PreQualification round, will be done with building rubber. This means the 2 hour session the rubber WILL build during the 3 sessions. This will be an exception for this round only.

3. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

Hi, thats sound very nice. I'm in but .....
    I test Imola and the BMW M2 mod and have some mesh loading errors, some yellow car skins when I start in the pit.
    (I think I will delete the vehicles - BMW M2 folder later and see what happens after re-install)
    best regards
    Have much fun later :)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  4. AndreaT

AndreaT Registered

My Last LapTime it's not been registered:( I was on the last Q3 session...
    Anything I can do to recover it?

5. First off - who are you? is this a nickname or first name or? its super hard to find you if i dont know.

6. AndreaT

AndreaT Registered

My full name is Andrea Tosetto.
    The previous topic it's been resolved anyway thank you

7. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

So regarding qualifying "tickets" for the BMW SIM Live 2021, will there be 6+6 for a total of 12 across both the whole year, as the SIM Live event happens annually but GT Pro (which BMW Sim now supports) has two seasons in a year?

8. 12 finalist at the end of those 2 seasons yes.

Risto Kappet likes this.
  9. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

where I found this track ?? Silverstone GP. ?
    I want to try this but I have some Layouts, one old 1975 and some 2012 new Layouts but no GP Layout.

10. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

In the workshop, if it didn't already auto sub you to it

11. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

Shure to find this track in the workshop. I only want to know the layout. I will see it later.

I try also Spa, does anyone have a laptime for Spa and the BMW M2 CS ? I really don't know whats a good time to have a chance in the qualify. I start ... again with rFactor 2 and new hardware - wheel, pedals and buy this BMW M2 mod not long ago.
    It makes much fun to drive and test, Spa is also new for me but I have a little time to drive and lern this.
    Shure, I will see the LAPtimes next week :) My best now is about 2:41.5
    Greets ChriZZ

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  12. Erhan Jajovski

Erhan Jajovski Registered

Can I get the replays from yesterday?

13. Sure, let me get this added to top post

Erhan Jajovski likes this.
  14. Qualifying for R2 goes live thursday-saturday
    Now with 2 daily sessions
    18:00 - 20:00 and again at 22:00 - 00:00
    Remember show up 15 mins before to register for the event.

Static rubber and cloudy conditions.

15. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

What preset of rubber is used?
    Are the sessions private?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  16. Heavy and yes

Risto Kappet likes this.
  17. Johannes Drayss

Johannes Drayss Registered

One short request: Last race, time between end of qualification and race start was very short. And I not only mean that there was no break/warm-up inbetween (that wouldn't be a problem for me), I especially mean the time in the starting-grid until the race goes green.

My computer isn't the fastest and I just managed to get into the starting-grid in time after loading the race-session, the race started immediately.
    Could you please increase the remaining time until lights go green? Hope you can make that happen. Thank you.

18. We actually did that to show the grid (as explained in the email). But there will not be a session and the qual ends when session hits 00:00

19. Email for top 30 will be sent out this afternoon.

Alessio Feletto and TazAttack like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.