Track ir

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Dudo, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Dudo

Dudo Registered

When picking up a car from a teammate, I don't get trackir funkcionaly.. Is it possible to solve the problem via a custom plugin?

2. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Yeah, many plugins don’t load for any one hot swapping - other than the originating driver. I only tripped over this while practicing for the recent 3H invitational race at Spa. In the end I had to race without TrackIR.

Fanaleds shift light SW is another plug in that doesn’t appear to load properly for hot-swappers.

It’s annoying - I wouldn’t expect S397 to fix support for historical plugins that don’t work full-stop - but given that both TrackIR and Fanaleds both work for the originating driver in a session, it’s disappointing that the same plug-in loading logic can’t be fixed for hot swaps...

3. Dudo

Dudo Registered

Hi. Sure, it's disappointing. I have been riding the Trackir since 2008 and I am very used to it.

4. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

I would love for this issue to be resolved. I've also asked over on the trackIR forums but had no response.

5. Paolo Pennimpede

Paolo Pennimpede Registered

I asked for a fix 2 years ago to one of the support guy, they told me there where no plan to update the plugin.

6. Dudo

Dudo Registered

yeeeeeeeeees, it's functional. On Sunday, it worked for us with endurance. Great. I don't know who to thank. But thank you.

Luis Costa likes this.
  7. Luis Costa

Luis Costa Registered

Great news.

Can you tell me if you made any specific changes to the settings or any updates?
    I haven't tried it yet but the version of Trackir I currently have is 5.4.2.27545.

Does your teammate also use Trackir or was it necessary to install and configure the Trackir software on his PC in some way?

Thanks.

8. Dudo

Dudo Registered

no, I did not install or modify anything. It just started working. The other is not a teammate, but a competitive crew. And it should be added that we both took the car from drivers who do not use trckir.

Luis Costa likes this.
  9. Luis Costa

Luis Costa Registered

Nice. Thanks.

10. David.V

David.V Registered

Hi,
    Can you tell me if there anything to do ? I raced an endurance this week end but, it still does not work when I have to take the car during the race :/

11. Paolo Pennimpede

There is no way to fix this, as I said some post before the plugin is old and has never been updated. You can use TrackIr if you start the race, or if you are the only driver.
    When you take the car from another dirver, TrackIr will not work..

12. David.V

David.V Registered

But I don't understand why it does not work only when swapping driver? It's non sense for me, If it works when starting race, it should also work when swapping driver, I don't understand what plugin age has to do with this issue. The plugin works when driving. Why not when swapping driver? It's really non sense for me...

Anyone has any solution "low cost" that works with rF2 instead of TrackIR? I could not support VR headset, and not tripple screens too, it's too expensive for me.

13. Paolo Pennimpede

This is what I got in 2018

Attached Files:

14. Paolo Pennimpede

in 2019 I also talked to someone from TrackIr support by mail but as he said, and I agree with him, the problem is in the RF2 plugin from previous RF2 developer ISI. Because if you ALT-TAB you can see in TrackIr software that all is working fine.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Plugins are activated differently during the driver swap procedure, so if they're only written with single-driver functionality in mind they won't work. A few plugin developers (myself included) discussed this a few years back and worked out how to respond to the game. As far as I know the TrackIR hasn't received an update for years. I contacted S397 a little while back to offer help or guidelines on making it work and did get acknowledgement of the message, but nothing has happened.

I don't know why it worked recently for Dudo - maybe just got lucky.