Sebring bumps at T10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Feb 26, 2021.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I saw a Merc bouncing and nearly spinning while watching a replay at Sebring. Just before Turn 10. I first thought this was just the Merc GT3 being the Merc GT3 but other cars like Porsches also bounced here. Let me be clear. This was a rare event. I had 44 cars running laps there and only a few cars found the bumps, rare, but noticeable.

2. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Sebring surface changes a bit year to year, and I watched this track change for about 10 years during the 80's & 90's.

The concrete sections tend to float a bit under wet weather especially in years its followed with a cold snap. Some of the asphalt is laid over the concrete, and most of the rest has a crappy base. Some places along the edges tend to sink a bit from the ants, lizards and mice that tunnel in from the sides and later are exterminated.

Sebring takes pride in being a "shakedown" track in the literal sense.

RaceNut likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Yup, I'm well aware of Sebring's reputation, this looked to me more of a track construction issue. It is almost as if the teeny tiny small reflectors on the track edge are bouncing the car. so maybe it is a car issue. That small of a surface deflection should negligible to the overall car behavior.