American StockCar Challenge

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by juanarg70, Feb 10, 2021.

1. dazzer

dazzer Registered

it would be necessary to reduce the polygons manually, maybe you could try to take a look at it, the other thing would be to make a retopology

2. Alex V.

Alex V. Registered

Only retopology, but it can be done :)

3. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

Great news! One of the best tracks in South America

4. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Yes, I already looked at the car model. It has 1.500.000 polys hahaha.

I can help you with notbalcarce. Build the terrain with georadar and the track Surface with Autodesk civil corridors and profiles.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    Alex V. likes this.
  5. Alex V.

Alex V. Registered

I'm using Blender to shinkwrap the road, looking at some sources that probably are a bit off.
    How would geoadar+autodesk civil work?

6. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Working with georadar + Autodesk civil allows almost perfect topography and the civil projects gives you nice engineering curves and profiles with automatic superelevations like a real Road design. It also gives you a good starting point where mesh optimización it's fairly easy. I recently built a Tandil semipermanent layout. But after strugling with chicanes and being with a lot of work on my hands.. I left it alone until better times. Autodesk civil allows you to export the project directly to 3ds. Heres a vídeo of Tandil where I modeled bumps and irregularities with the noise modifier.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    Corti and Alex V. like this.
  7. Alex V.

Alex V. Registered

Well if the elevations are good and so on, we can start there! And you have access to geodata from the circuit(s)?

8. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

From the circuit specifically no.. the topography are Open source images. I start with globbal Mapper actually. Then I build the track project in civil 3d looking at videos and so on. Give me a couple of weeks. I would give it a try and contact you again if I get a proper básic layout.

Gasper Zupan, Alex V. and Corti like this.
  9. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

10. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

Bufff que pasada!!!!

GeraArg likes this.
  11. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

Esta semana están presentando las decoraciones de la nueva temporada. Hay diseños espectaculares.
    Va a se un año muy chulo

12. Corti

Corti Registered

wow...hay que agarrarse bien. Fantastico!!

MiguelVallejo and juanarg70 like this.
  13. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

La verdad que si.. te hace trabajar todo el tiempo:cool::cool:. Logre implementar las ultimas fisicas del stockcar y adaptarlas mediante el upgrade.ini para darle caja de 6 velocidades, modificar las trochas y wheelbase para que tome las del modelo 3d y elegir el motor conveniente para la configuracion road course. Me queda la duda de las potencias de los nuevos motores del sc2018. Tienen uno normal, uno de speedway y uno de super speedway con restrictive plate. Viendo los consumos de combustible en los engine.ini parecen tener distintas configuraciones respecto a los anteriores modelos de 750hp, 550hp y el super speedway restricted plate.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    MiguelVallejo and Corti like this.
  14. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Bad and Good news. We got one more car and windows! thats the goodone. The bads is that tweaking physics bia the upgrade.ini brakes the ffb and IA. I tried with different third party mods using sc2018 physics and upgrade.ini and it happens in everyone. Maybe the upgrade.ini is from an old release. Nothing rides like the 2.14 realease unmodified. So I trash the upgrade.ini and scale the model to fit the sc2018 dimension hahah.. because Physics!!. 4 speed gearbox and big engine until solving this issue :p

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  15. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

BACK ONLINE!!!

[​IMG]

makan, GeraArg, Alex V. and 2 others like this.
  16. dazzer

dazzer Registered

did you solve the problems with steam?

17. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

The dmca claim has a 14 days period where the other part has to demand me or the content is re uploaded. He didn't demand me but that doesn't mean he is not going to do it in the future.. so buckle up. we are in for a long journey. Given that I didn't use his content or trademarks he might be having issues upon proving the copyright infringement. We'll see what happens. This is a fictional mod of US built cars and I will make changes to the mod if needed to avoid this nonesense.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    yashiman, GPNeville, makan and 5 others like this.
  18. Corti

Corti Registered

Bravo!! I'm happy to see this mod again where it needs to be.
    nice @juanarg70

juanarg70, GeraArg and MiguelVallejo like this.
  19. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

:cool: Yes!! Sadly enough this mod has the lowest quality bodys posible. Right now we are really working on the modern version of the American Stock Car. Interior panels, windows etc. The author of the models is really helping us out here. After finishing the modern cars we will update the '74 version in the same manner.

request for help: I failed at making windows transparencies to be able to put decals on them. I have the template maybe someone here can help me out. I've seen the tutorial of Photoshop with alfa channel, tried many things.. but couldn't make it work. I also can't export the window in blender with 2 materias (windows IN and Windows Out). Only one material gets exported. I work exporting to collada. I guess this is needed to make the effect of glass from outside and inside cockpit.

MiguelVallejo and Corti like this.
  20. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Juan, for whatever you need. ;)
    Whether MS likes it or not, your mod will be published.

[​IMG]

MiguelVallejo, juanarg70 and Corti like this.