Competition System Blog | Week 7

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Adrian Blasco

Adrian Blasco Registered

quick and easy question.

For when the use of skins in the competition system, would attract many more people, teams, photos etc etc, it is one of the strong points that attracts the community, being able to see their skin or see the skin of some other driver and motivate yourself and know what team it is.

2. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Hi,
    I've been MIA these last 2 weeks in the Competition system because I have bitten off FSR pre-season and testing to join a VEC team.
    It made me think that if the CS used a car and track combo that's the next round of such major leagues that a few people practicing might jump in for a jolly. For example Sebring is coming up in VEC so Sebring in the GTEs for example.

Remco Majoor and pkelly like this.
  3. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Follow up on this, I know there has been talks before about leagues on the comp system. With how stuff is like now, do you see a possibility for leagues like VEC (who use official content only and is run by the amazing Jimmi who is part of S397) or for example FSR, which uses official tracks and an original formula car, to be run inside this same system? Maybe also fun to have Jimmi his stance on this.

4. benborp

benborp Registered

I don't know if it has been mentioned before but 5 minutes is a tight window to hit when dealing with 'issues'. And currently there are always issues. At the moment each new circuit pretty much means writing off the first race or qualifying session that I join and then making meticulous preparation for the next on the basis of what problems I discover in the first.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  5. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Considering the amount of people that complain and already do not drive series because they need to own all tracks in that series, why not make a middle ground? Series that are more for pick up racing (the ones that will run every 2 hours in the future for example) have like a new mod every track (all the free tracks in 1 mod), and the series that are more aimed at league style races, like for example the gt3 challenge (where it's wanted that people drive the full season) everyone needs all the content to sign up.

This way you won't lock out the people that just want to drive one certain combo, but not the entire series, and it keepspkeeps who join the more league style races more committed to driving all tracks that season.

6. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

Hi,
    one question ... I join the competition site in rFactor 2 .. first time.
    Looking for the BMW M2 Comp but .. nothing.
    I try to join the Porsche cup competition and sonething is not compatible ? wrong ?
    I don't know why you don't get an information about missing content when you try to join a server. Only a error message without any information. Can you help me here ? I don't realized something perhaps?
    I know, I need the same version (release candidate) and the used mods, I have the cup Porsche, BMW M2 CS and all tracks so far.

best regards
    Chris

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

When you click on the Porsche Cup series, one of the options is to OPEN SHOPPING CART. Clicking on that will take you to whatever DLC you are missing.

8. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

Ok, I can join a Porsche CUP competition now.
    I removed A LOT stuff from workshop and from my packages list.
    I know now ... not install to much stuff :)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, the is a incompatibility in mods or tracks but I don't know what ?
    I have many stuff right now :-(
    https://www.scratcher.de/dl/cup1.jpg

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  9. Stefan Wirth

Stefan Wirth Registered

We had several server crashes on CS at GT3 Portland and no chance for many people to catch points there, what happened?

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Do you have any custom skins or a VLN type mod that uses the Porsche cup car?

11. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

I think so ... cause I removed a lot stuff and now ... I can join the Porsche 911 cup Februar 2021 and choose a car.
    Puh, not easy cause there's no Info about the not compatible content :-/