Competition System Blog | Week 7

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hello sim racers!

The seventh edition of the weekly Competition System Blog posting is now live for your reading pleasure :)

Check out the new blog post here: https://www.studio-397.com/2021/02/competition-system-blog-week-7/

Feel free to use this forum thread as an opportunity to submit questions for us to answer next week.

Cheers!

CS_blog_2021_02_17_featured_image.jpg

2. Binny

Binny Guest

Starting with the last question, no, we don’t intend to warn people about that. Instead, I would argue that you need to configure your graphics settings such that you can race regardless of the conditions (weather, tracks, number of cars).
    I disagree with this if you are running VR the optimization is poor so those users have to be disadvantaged.

3. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I can't confirm that. I play exclusively in VR and so far I've been able to take part in all the races, even the ones that were rainy.

Remco Majoor and Binny like this.
  4. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Vr optimization is genuinely quite good as far as I noticed. What kind of hardware are you running? I've played exclusively on my Vive and index since my 1080, and had no problems other than me forgetting to set post processing to low.

Christian Wolter likes this.
  5. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

jajajajaja ....:rolleyes::D:D:D VR is wonderful:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

[​IMG]

6. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

You checked another box

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Starting with the last question, no, we don’t intend to warn people about that. Instead, I would argue that you need to configure your graphics settings such that you can race regardless of the conditions (weather, tracks, number of cars).

The problem is knowing what's coming, Rain effects hog the performance much more than a sunny day (especially in VR), people may tune their Graphics to suit Sunny Racing but then suddenly find themselves in the middle of a rain storm on a server with more FPS.

If we're to lower the graphics settings to cater for a chance of rain, then the rest of the Sim can suffer visually and that's where Graphics Presets need to be offered. So it's a quick one click change, instead of backwards/forwards and in/out of the Sim to find the right balance every time you want to race on a server that potentially may not even have rain.

It comes into the Ease Of Use of the UI in some respects, so personally I'd argue it's something you should be adding, not asking Racers to constantly change graphical settings :)

Binny, McKiernan, Radkappe and 2 others like this.
  8. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

We need track specific graphics settings or track optimizations throughout the game then. Or both

9. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

The problem here is already when there is a server with multiple tracks. But it's definitely a good suggestion

10. Christian Wolter

One question; are there any plans to give out trophies or awards during the competition? I'm thinking of trophies or awards for a pole position, a win, a podium finish, fastest lap in the race etc. I think that would also excite many newcomers and keep them interested. It could also contribute to the ratings in the ranking system.

Adrian Blasco likes this.
  11. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Stats are always interesting :D

Christian Wolter likes this.
  12. bander

bander Registered

No van por aquí los tiros.pero para vr necesitamos visor del casco . bien hecho por studio397.

No van por aquí los tiros.pero para vr necesitamos visor del casco . bien hecho por studio397.

13. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

The shots don't go around here, but for VR we need a helmet visor. well done by studio397.

Please use English

14. Christian Wolter

Yes, I also see it that way. It would also be nice to be able to see the profile of the driver in this context (for example in the ranking list). If this is enriched with laps, completed, races and placings and the like, that would be very nice.

15. Christian Wolter

On a side note, we actually need a punishment system unfortunately, the last few races have been sabotaged each time by a rider (the same on all Races) who then waited for others on the track to "take them out". Unfortunately, it is assumed that there are no such idiots, but this is a misjudgement.

Adrian Blasco likes this.
  16. lagg

lagg Registered

Report that guy by private to Paul Jeffrey.
    Hope that they can do someting manually.

17. Adrian Blasco

Adrian Blasco Registered

A button to make lights and flashes in the races would be very good, but not like the one we have now, which is to turn off and on, a special one that alternates flashing lights.

Adam Helyes likes this.
  18. Adrian Blasco

Adrian Blasco Registered

for when the lighting inside the cars, for example the purple interior light, the light as in the new C8 that illuminates the panel and the steering wheel, which other cars look all black and empty, when you have the lights on If the light button inside lights up as they are on or when doing bursts, all this would be great for VR players to gain immersion

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

20. Adrian Blasco

Adrian Blasco Registered