Released February Build Update and Indianapolis PBR Update Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 10, 2021.

1. redapg

redapg Registered

That are 2 different Things. ;)
    The Fix is this:
    • "Fixed: Missing error prompt when textures are missing from content"
    But your Error Messages list the missing Content itself.

Marc Brink likes this.
  2. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Registered

It's not so much a GEM_Talent file as it is only one file, but all the missing files are 'virtual cmp' related (for what that means). That's why I posted a screenshot. Hopefully the devs can make something out of it. Like I mentioned before, the error message occurred since the previous build. Two builds ago it wasn't there and I never changed anything.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  3. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Registered

No content is missing. All is installed and working properly. That's why I don't understand why I get this message all the time.

4. Kevin van Dooren

Kevin van Dooren Registered

When you checked if you were subscribed to the item I linked, were you logged into steam in the browser? Otherwise it might not show if you are subscribed or not.

Marc Brink likes this.
  5. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Registered

I've checked the subscribtions list while I was logged in, but the item you've mentioned is not in that list.
    Why should I subscribe to that mod when I own all the official content? It's not logic and the league I'm driving is using official content as much as they can, so at least we can rule that one out.

6. Kevin van Dooren

Kevin van Dooren Registered

People have varying reasons to subscribe to mods like that, just for the cool skins or because its needed for a league. These kind of mods are an update on official content, so it uses the cars from official content and adds skins/liveries to it. Basically every league I know uses a system like this, to add their own liveries to official content.
    The reason we are asking all these ( yes annoying but with the right intentions:p) questions is that its a very common issue people have, 99 out of 100 times its the issue causing those errors.
    Weird its showing these errors if you're not even subscribed to it, not sure whats causing it then. Normally the errors start showing up when the official cars get updated, and the skins/league mods do not. So the game tries to install the skins onto an old version of an official car which is no longer installed.

Remco Majoor and lagg like this.
  7. redapg

redapg Registered

@Marc Brink The Error Messages that your Screenshot shows, is normally caused by a virtual Mod (vMod), that, for Example, gets downloaded when you join a Server.
    And the listed Components are linked in that vMod.
    And when, as @Kevin van Dooren has said already, the Components, that this vMod uses, have been updated, they can not be loaded by the vMod anymore.
    So you have to uninstall (and delete, because it's useless, if the Content doesn't exist anymore) that vMod, to get rid of that Error Message.

8. Comante

Comante Registered

Maybe a more helpful garbage management would help a lot of user, everytime you try to enter into a server some junk is stored in the HD, just to maybe create issue months later.

davehenrie likes this.
  9. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Registered

@redapg:
    I don't have that vmod installed anymore. Normally when a race is done I uninstall and delete it. For the next race a new vmod is being created by the league I'm driving, so I dont need the previous one anymore. Maybe the cars/track being used are somehow stored into the memory banks which causes the error as some sort of leftover.

10. redapg

redapg Registered

If nothing has changed, you get these kind of Errors only, if a vMod references to not existing Content.
    At least as far as i know.

juanchioooo and lagg like this.
  11. redapg

redapg Registered

Yes and as posted in the Wishlist a few Times already, we really need the Option to decline or agree to Downloads from a Server.
    And a List with the Things that shall be downloaded would be necessary too.
    Now, if it runs really bad, you get a lot of Files that you really don't want to have and the only Way to interrupt it, is to shut down rFactor.
    That has to be improved SOON.

Alessio Feletto and juanchioooo like this.
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

13. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

@Paul Jeffrey
    .. ?

Hazi likes this.
  14. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

@Paul Jeffrey does this release have screenshots working again?
    I don't get them at all, not in my RF2 folder, (or the folder I setup through steam) or on my steam account.
    I'm a league admin and screenshots are a must have tool.

SS

15. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Heya SS,
    I use the default F12 for steam generated screenshots and F11 for ingame screenies, Steam ignores the folder I have told it to save to and saves them in ...\Steam\userdata\33201561\760\remote\365960\screenshots, F11 only works for me once I'm driving, does not work in any of the previous screens (setup screens etc), and they save to the ...\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\ScreenShots folder.

16. SmellySkidmark

Thanks Goanna, but no screenies there either...
    ...\Steam\userdata\158652282\7\remote\, is as far as mine goes,
    ...\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\ScreenShots, is empty.

Nothing in my "online library" either

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You may have gone into 7 instead of 760. I have both, rFactor is only under 760.

18. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

You must have steam overlay be activated to take in game screenshots in rF2. Maybe thats the issue?

19. SmellySkidmark

There's only a 7 in there, all the other folders are "config, ugc, and two others

SS

20. SmellySkidmark

I've never had the "steam overlay activated" it's always been ingame, has been so for years.

SS