American StockCar Challenge

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by juanarg70, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Corti

Corti Registered

dylbie, Eric Rowland, pkelly and 3 others like this.
  2. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

3. lagg

lagg Registered

4. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

5. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

I would contact the ACTC to see who is the owner of the rights of the categories they manage.

6. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

I can understand them having rights upon 3d models he built 15 years ago. And Also he could have the rights of turismo carretera trademark. I can't understand how he could have the rights upon a US manufactured car with diferent bonid, side bumpers and ailerons.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  7. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

They gave him the rights when they didn't even know what they were, remember Aventin? and Martin Salaverry Jr got that just because of his dad, a couple of dinosaurs who don't know what they signed.
    He says he has "the DIGITAL image rights" a nonsense.
    This is as if Apple want destroy Gnome (which uses it :p) because there are many GNU/Linux users who their GUI looks as the MacOS with a few changes.

P.S. Martin I know you read this so report this video, go ahead little man.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    Xzanman and Corti like this.
  8. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

But if you can have access to the contract you could know which models are copyrighted, for instance the 2014 TC Chevy. Then you could make the 1970 TC Chevy, or call it as 1970 Nova, or whatever. Same as URD did with their 3D models.

And yes, I know who Aventín. Salaverry, etc. are very well, but they are not the problem. The problem is the contract.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

They probably would have to deal with legal consequences IF the copyright holders take issue. It is up to the owner of the copyright to begin the process, then then responsibility shifts to the Company named in the complaint. S397 would be the ultimate target of any copyright penalties, but usually Cease & Desist letters are cordially written with the expectation that said individual/Corporation will CEASE & DESIST. If they do not, then legal proceedings can begin. At any time the complaining party can drop it's case, but similarly, they can re-start the complaint at any time.
    As long as the owners of copyrights for Tigermoth, Suzuka or others are quiet, there is no danger. Remember, the original C class mod for Nascar Racing (4?)was allowed by Sierra, but then the authorization was revoked after iRacing bought it's original code back from Sierra.(iRacing is an offshoot of Papyrus Racing that developed Indycar Racing 1& 2, and Nascar Racing before selling the branding rights to Sierra for all the rest of the Nascar Racing titles) Eventually, with just some minor tweeks and some legal wrangling, the C Class mod was allowed by iRacing.

10. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Juan don't use that names, the cars are TA-Historic-FG and so on.

Es clara la intención acá, se le acaba el curro a Salaverry si se abre la comunidad del modding lo que hay gente muy talentosa y plataformas mas nuevas a la basura que vende, por ahí viene la mano, es mas, conozco algunas historias de primera mano que hasta se adjudica ser el propietario de la licencia de rFactor 2 en Argentina, si llego a encontrar los documentos de esa mediación van a ir derechito a la gente de S397/Luminis, es literalmente un delincuente que se aprovecha del desconocimiento del resto, si tuviera dos dedos de frente y supiera hacer algo tendría que haber tomado el camino de Reiza pero no le gusta trabajar, quiere vivir del cuento.
    Juan en ninguna parte utiliza nombres ni nada relacionado, solo le jode que alguien se ponga a hacer algo que potencialmente es superior a la basura del ACTC y al ecosistema que armo alrededor de eso, es tiempo de apoyar este pibe y reventar a este parásito que tanto daño le hizo a la comunidad del simracing en Argentina. ;)
    Y el contrato si no utiliza ninguna marca no pasa nada, es como en las películas que le sacan los bags/logos a los autos (no se si notaste eso del cine local, la forma no importa siempre y cuando no utilices los logos/marcas), tengo ya mas de una década y media en la industria del software y lo que hace no tiene ni pies ni cabeza, solo aprovecha el desconocimiento, la ley que se ampara es la de propiedad intelectual (nro 11.723 y un par de decretos) que se desprende de la que se utiliza para la música, arte en general, etc, conozco de memoria los límites y alcances.

Sorry for the spanish folks.

Art_Pereira likes this.
  11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The mere likeness is enough IF the complainant is litigiousness(sp?) Sony stoppped a Daytona Clone named Volusia Raceway simply on the merits of the layout of Volusia matched that of Daytona. Remember too, copyright laws vary from country to country.
    There is a rather healthy business built upon the model of the INTENT to sue. We purchased the copyright to X and will sue you since we deem you are in violation of that copyright. However we are reasonable people and would be willing to discuss a cash settlement.
    This threat alone can stop many an AMATEUR/NonComercial project

12. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Thank you. Good to know about the likeness part. Does this parameter has to be define on a contract?. What about factory original 3dmodels. I guess that would put bundle out of the picture and then is with each manufacturer?

Art_Pereira likes this.
  13. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

In Argentina as long as it doesn't use commercial names/trademarks (not "similar" images in this case 3D models, that is allowed) and or components (ripped components) or want a profit, the law allows what Juan is doing.
    Bundle Games is only taking advantage of the ignorance of the system.

I know the law very well for work reasons. :)

14. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

Dado que el foro es en inglés, sigo en inglés si no te jode.

I understand what you are saying. Steam don´t want problems and so it is easy for them to turn down the mod link. I would suggest to contact a good lawyer in Argentina and also S397 to see what they have to say about this problem. In any case, it would be interesting to know the original contract AND if the models were subject of intellectual property in Argentina´s Public Registry.

15. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

I don't have problem. ;)
    The point is that it is ridiculous to get to do that just because someone is with their hobby.

BTW, check this out, he is "converting" mods from rFactor to ACTC like DRM to promotes it his product on his official facebook.
    When I say it is a parasite, it is because of things like this.

DRM and VirtuaLM Lemans track
    https://www.facebook.com/BundleGames-213805739119837/photos/961705707663166

DRM and VirtuaLM Fuji
    https://www.facebook.com/BundleGames-213805739119837/photos/961705660996504
    https://www.facebook.com/BundleGames-213805739119837/photos/961705620996508

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't have any respect for things like this and this has to stop.

Mauro, Corti, juanarg70 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

Neither I do, but who have to act are the owners of those pirated mods. If those are mods for rFactor1 I doubt we´ll see much action against this thief.

17. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

It is a pity that with the passion that there are in Argentina for motorsports and therefore for simracing we cannot enjoy the Turismo Carretera universe in a good simulator.
    I bought the simuTC, I'm from Spain but the TC is the championship that I follow the most, but I don't even have it installed. It's very out of date, there are badly made circuits and the ffb is horrible. Hopefully one day we'll have the TC in rfactor 2
    Saludos!

Corti and GeraArg like this.
  18. yoss

yoss Registered

vlm stuff , apex stuff, s397 stuff for promote bundle game ??

juanarg70, Art_Pereira and GeraArg like this.
  19. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Yep and that criminal reports Juan's work for "violating image copyrights", hilarious.

20. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021