White screen bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Clemenca, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

When will the white screen bug of the new GUI be fixed?!?!?! That is slowly but surely getting on my nerves, every time rf2 crashes when i want to change something on my wheel !

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

What wheel and what type of change and when does it occur? in the garage? On track or prior to loading a track? I haven't seen this problem at all.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Very likely when assigning controls. I had the same after assigning maybe 10 controls, sat there blank. Interestingly I alt-tabbed to end the process and then it woke up again, and I managed to repeat that whole process a second time.

At the same time some of the controls got assigned incorrectly.

But I think this was all mentioned somewhere as a known issue or being looked into...

davehenrie likes this.
  4. lagg

lagg Registered

I've realised about this too.
    I got the conclusion that it's as if there were a popup window asking for the button or key, and this window were hide below the main window. And doing alt+tab that window takes the focus and the rF2 continues working. If i remember correctly, i pressed the button and this was assigned correctly.

5. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

I drive with Fanatec DD2 and McLaren wheel, the white screen comes at startmenue in the wheel configuration and also in the garage. And it comes when i set Buttons on my wheel. When the white screen comes the last settings are also gone.

6. lagg

lagg Registered

If the white screen appears when you are assingning buttons do ALT+TAB and then press ESC.
    That worked for me.

7. peevee

peevee Registered

Or when you come out of a session. Its random but happens very often without warning

lagg likes this.