Fiat 128

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Javier Sandez, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

@Javier Sandez i tried the new version and i find it much worse than the previous one. The ffb is also strange now along with the suspension. Please go back to the previous version (without physics retouch - just add the working wipers) which was so fun to drive!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    Javier Sandez likes this.
  2. Denis Takistani

Denis Takistani Registered

Ola Javier, i follow your car 2 versions earlier... in this last 6.0 suspensions looks better that previous but the steering wheel ( i use thrustmaster t150) appears now run axis inverted. When a turn steering wheel to right side ffb force dont correspond the normal behavior like did occurs in last version.

3. Javier Sandez

Javier Sandez Registered

Gracias por tu respuesta, los valores del ángulo del pivote delantero estaban mal por eso tiraba la dirección hacia afuera, ya están corregidos ahora debería funcionar correctamente.

Thanks for your answer, the front pivot angle values were wrong so I was pulling the steering out, they are already corrected now it should work correctly.

Denis Takistani and atomed like this.
  4. Javier Sandez

Javier Sandez Registered

El ángulo del pivote estaba mal por eso el comportamiento errático, ya esta solucionado y debería entirse mucho mejor que antes, por lo menos eso me pareció a mi, lo siento mas estable.

The pivot angle was wrong, so the erratic behavior has already been solved and it should be understood much better than before, at least that seemed to me, I feel more stable.

5. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

So the link (in the first post) is with the corrected version? Cause i think it s the same as previous

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  6. Bernd

Bernd Registered

@Javier Sandez May i suggest to add a version number to the file name of the rfcmp, to avoid irritations?

7. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

+1 for that. Smth like FIAT_128_rF2_v6.1.rfcmp would be enough

8. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

@Javier Sandez i had some time these days, - so - i tried the car for a few laps.

For me the car sways too much when you change direction (like if there is a balloon between the road and the tyres). Did you change smth in the suspension? Or maybe did you set the cog (center of gravity) higher? Cause it feels strange..

Can you please bring the “old” values back?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  9. Javier Sandez

Javier Sandez Registered

Hola, ya descubri porque los autos tenian tan poco agarre y es porque estaba mal el efecto suelo, para el simulador el despeje del auto era de 70 centimetros del suelo, arregle eso tambien tiene nuevos interiores y los tgm de los neumaticos son de la medida correcta 175/530.

Hello, I already discovered why the cars had so little grip and it is because the ground effect was bad, for the simulator the clearance of the car was 70 centimeters from the ground, fix that also has new interiors and the tgm of the tires are of the measure correct 175/530.

Corti likes this.
  10. Denis Takistani

nice update Javier! better feeling of suspension nice forcefeedback but when a try see in hangar i did see this error (look to image)

Attached Files:

11. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Car feels better but not good. I remember previous versions feel way better:(

The suspension feels as if the car rotates (when you steer left and right) sitting in a balloon (!). It is hard to explain. Please take a look at this !

Also @Denis Takistani is right, there is an error when going into the customize screen

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  12. Javier Sandez

Javier Sandez Registered

Me olvide de actualizar el archivo spinner.gen, lo arreglo y subo la versión reparada gracias por avisar.
    I forgot to update the file spinner.gen, fix it and upload the repaired version thanks for warning.

13. Javier Sandez

Javier Sandez Registered

voy a ver eso, el auto igualmente es un poco mas inestable en la parte trasera porque ahora trae una suspensión mas estándar y antes era mas parecida a un auto de formula lo que estaba mal, también cambie los neumáticos que antes eran 220/530 y ahora son de la medida que usan los turismo pista, todas las modificaciones las realice siguiendo los parámetros del reglamento de turismo pista clase 1, pero siempre puede que haya equivocado algún valor y eso hace que el auto sea un poco mas inestable.

I'm going to see that, the car is also a little more unstable in the rear because now it has a more standard suspension and before it was more similar to a formula car which was wrong, I also changed the tires that were previously 220/530 and Now they are of the measure used by the turismo pista, all the modifications are made following the parameters of the turismo pista clase 1 regulations, but there may always be a wrong value and that makes the car a little more unstable.

Haris1977 likes this.
  14. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Thanks!

I can gladly "test" your car suspension and share with you my thoughts and advices if you want (before the public release). You can pm me:)

15. Javier Sandez

Javier Sandez Registered

Ya actualice para que se vea el auto sin problemas en hangar, también modifique un poco los parámetros del amortiguador trasero y creo que es un poco mas estable en los cambios bruscos de dirección.

I already updated so that the car looks smooth in hangar, I also modified the parameters of the rear shock a bit and I think it is a bit more stable in sudden changes of direction.

16. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Tested the updated version (v6.6). Still the balloon feeling in the suspension is the same:(

Do you have the early stage suspension values of the mod? Because at the early stage this mod was excellent! Can you bring them back?

Also you can change inside the "F128_COCKPITINFO.INI" eyepoint value from:

Eyepoint=(0.324, 1.000, 0.000)

to

Eyepoint=(0.334, 1.000, 0.000) ====> in order for the dash camera should be a little to the left ;)

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  17. Javier Sandez

Javier Sandez Registered

creo que esta era la versión que tiene la suspensión previa https://www.mediafire.com/file/ohhluuazqg5dif9/FIAT_128_rF2.rfcmp/file pero yo no noto la sensación de que hubiese un balón debajo del auto, si lo noto un poco mas suelto pero es por los neumáticos que tienen menos contacto con el suelo y por eso tiene menor agarre.

I think this was the version that has the previous suspension https://www.mediafire.com/file/ohhluuazqg5dif9/FIAT_128_rF2.rfcmp/file but I do not notice the feeling that there was a ball under the car, if I notice it a little looser but it is because of the tires that have less contact with the ground and therefore have less grip.

18. Denis Takistani

If is more close to real car for me its better a lot of guys say "good" if is easy to drive! I make some adjusts like toe in, camber, springs and the car was stable but need good skills using the correct press in pedals hehehe.... may be if you put a good default configuration of suspensions and tires help people that dont have paciency or skill to make a stable configurations... sorry about my english.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Javier Sandez something to check if you haven't (your tyre radius hasn't changed so it's probably correct; this is only a precaution) - make sure the .tbc radius matches the TGM radius.

In devmode use Alt-T to switch between the two files. The car shouldn't lift or fall when switching. Adjust the tbc as necessary.

20. Javier Sandez

Javier Sandez Registered

voy a probar eso, creo que los tgm se cambian los valores al exportarlos desde el archivo excel
    I'm going to test that, I think the tgm values are changed when exporting them from the excel file