Bring old UI back!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stratoliner, Feb 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

fury? anger? shout ?, nooo, the reality is that in the new user interface today it is not better than the old one by far, there is nothing written about tastes, but the reality is that there are complaints to bore, except the funboys defending the indefensible;):cool:

McFlex likes this.
  2. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Im not the only one. Why does it sound like something else broke?
    Very much so!
    Minor stutters whilst driving, stutters from hell in the watch window or whilst watching an instant replay. UI is very slow yes, I am talking mainly of the UI performance.
    Thats the problem, its been the new UI that has been the cause of the stress and the cause of me not playing. Back to old UI now and ahh, lovely!

3. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Juan just stop and read other peoples posts and read what they SAY not what you WANT to read.
    NONE of us have said that there are not problems for some people with the new UI. NONE of us have said that for some of you it is not a disaster. We are SIMPLY saying that we don't have the same problems to try to understand the root cause of the issues, because without CONSTRUCTIVE feedback for the developers it is impossible to sift out what the real issues are. But for you that means we are paid or fanbois or other such rubbish.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    trichens and Jim Lee like this.
  4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Comments with errors in the forum about failures are there to bore anyone, errors from years ago that continue to be ignored, put an interface that does not give if not problems, it is not a solution at all, it keeps adding more errors of more things, optional beta interface that this well, do not take and commit it
    You are also paid like the others?:cool::cool::cool::D

5. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Wow, sorry I am done with you. I am paid like the others? You are unfortunately beyond having a reasonable conversation, which I would suggest is YOUR problem, not everyone else's. Unless that was meant to be some sort of joke, but given what I have read so far, I doubt it.

6. lagg

lagg Registered

The target of this thread at this moment is to whine and rant.
    I doubt that the result of all of this is good.
    To repeat something thousand of times doesn't give the reason to nobody.
    The fact (and this is not an opinion) is that this UI is working well in many aspects for some people.
    If someone asks for help in a polite help others will try to help.
    But when someone disrespects the rest, it's clear that don't want help and is trolling.
    Don't feed the trolls.

7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the objective of this thread is to return to the old build, as the title clearly says,
    But no matter how much you tell people to verify files, restart, reinstall and a thousand other things, the code writing errors are not fixed with those contributions, your problem like that of the others, is the peloteo that you do to studio 397 although it is do wrong ... at the troll, apply the funboy to yourself and the others

McFlex likes this.
  8. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Lagg, you are right, as I said, I am done with it, the troll I mean.

9. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Something that people should be aware off is that steam itself can cause stability issues. So something that might look like an issue with rF2 could be very well caused by Steam not syncing correctly wich can fuck up all sorts of stuff. Recently I have been having issues in all kinds of games and not just rF2, been booted from voice group channels or even not being able to see and join them wich required Steam or full PC restarts. Age of Empires 2 has been a lag fest at it's best simply due to Steam and the game not working well together in MP games. That's not me saying S397 shouldn't spend more time on refining what they allready have, because it's quite obvious from the recent Steam reviews that the perception of the product hasn't been improved. Quite the opposite is the fact. For me it's quite clear that the new UI and CE was shipped too early and the last big update didn't help either. On the other hand this might help to collect data faster to speed up development, even if it hurts at the start.

But, and that's essentialy a big BUT, I think people should also take their time to read the freakin' goddamn roadmap or learn how to use a search function before they start complaining about the lag of telemetry (lulz) or not enough transparancy when it comes to development. All the information is there and it's the responsibilty of everyone to use it. So why enter the forum from within the game you might ask for example? How about openening the help and support section from within the game to look for potential help or to report a certain problem? Or to just read what is written about future development and how they will go on about bug fixing and new report functions to overcome issues?

Jim Lee and lagg like this.
  10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I certainly feel you're better off making a proper Bug Report as it'll just get lost in this thread, the minor stutters could be down to Graphics drivers or anything unassociated with the Sim itself of course of it could be the UI.

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The Web UI was working fine for me. But just to be fair, I deleted ALL of rF2. removed it from steam then deleted all the rfactor 2 folders.(ok I did save my controller folder). It was completely wiped out, no 3rd party content, nothing under the Steam/Common folder. So after the fairly long re-install, which included over 250 workshop items, the dang thing worked AGAIN! Can you believe it? A completely clean install and it worked...just like it did with a 4 year old install with lots of garbage files probably lurking around.
    The point is....the dang thing works. If it does NOT work for you, that is something system specific. I KNOW there are a-lot of you who have problems. I KNOW it still lacks features that used to be available.(if I were a league, I would stick with the old UI til those features are added) I also KNOW you had over a year to figure this thing out. ... ... and yes, you can pay me the same amount others here are getting paid, which I would surmise is....zero.

12. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Sorry Marc but i know from past experience what an absoloute waste of time reporting bugs is. As for the stutters thanks but its nothing to do with graphics drivers or anything unassociated, It is the UI. I've ivestigated enuff to know. There are actually a few nice ideas in the UI, there is even one change I like and have been wanting for a while! However it has broken so many other things, it performs like a morris marina with a wheel missing and it just causes me stress, I really would have been happy if the old UI had just had a button added and another one made more obvious. Im just glad I have the option to keep the old one. I've stopped spending money on RF2, which sucks, because I'd really like to be investing more and I have pretty much everything apart from the last car pack and Circuit Azur (monaco), which i'd really like, but theres no point in buying as the A.I. don't work there properly and S397 are not bothered about fixing it. I have to just accept that S397 will do what they want with the sim and update/fix or pay attention to the bits they want to concerntrate on. At this point in time my hope is pretty much exhausted, so I will just have to enjoy it for the bits that are utterly brilliant, and hope i can do this with the old UI, unless something is done with the new UI I just can't use it.

Jim Lee, Juergen-BY and MarcG like this.
  13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Ok no worries :)

14. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Mate I agree and disagree with lots of points made in here, but I'm afraid ive gotta tell you summit now cause this is all getting very outta hand. You are calling people names, brilliant, but can't you use a bit more imagination? You know at least make it topical, like "Hey you Digi Car Digging, Donut!"

Also you keep on about S397 paying folks to stick up for them and defend them. Well as much as i've experienced folks here and in the discord getting all sorts of defensive of this software, do you really think S397 have got the money to spend on paying forum Nazi's, I mean come on, I they had spare cash like that they'd have paid for a decent UI rather than having to bother with it themselves so they could just get on with the bit they really obviously love which is the cars and tracks. they'd probably pay for more advertising, licences, you know.

Lastly and the main reason im making these points is your use of the word Fanboy. Now i may not even agree with the post you replied to but let me just give you the low down on the word fanboy. Using the word/phrase fanboy is completely devicive. What you are doing there is trying to invalide any points made by insiuating that the person who made them is an imature male, a boy, whilst also trying to stop them offering any positive points in favour of something you dissagree with by calling them a fan. This is primarly a tactic used because its easier than actually dealing with the argument or debating properly, however for this to work you need an audience, that audience needs to be just ignorant enuff not to see this and just entertained enuff by the argument that they will then applaude you and back you up.

In the case of this forum, im afriad you won't find that caliber of audience. Also The small dopamine hit you are looking for by being agreed with by folks ignorant enuff to go along such tactics I assume is needed because there is some frustration and anger in your like, which is fair enuff. I might loose it and shout a flower tomorrow. But I guess my main point is, you're just starting to make yourself look a bit mean mate

15. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Well that's interesting and useful for the devs. Perhaps I have not had problems Because I also have a new, fresh installation.

Jim Lee likes this.
  16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

My point was it is working for most users. There truly IS something that is gumming up the works for others. So many users in this past year(& I'm not saying you specifically) tried the UI, either couldn't get it to work or did not like it and ran back to the old UI. Many of those in this thread might have been able to correct whatever it was hanging it up by using the past year of beta time. Many did not and wonder why NOW the UI doesn't work for them. I don't know the reasons it works for most and not for others...could be fancy gear, could be triple screens, could be any number of reasons. Investigating and presenting evidence the devs can reproduce is the key to finding solutions.
    I gave up helping folks on the UI, something I've done a-lot of over the past 4 years(UI, skins, carsets, any topic ), because they had all this time to try to understand why their motion rig/buttkicker/4 screens with motec/button boxes with custom wheels or pedals didn't work.
    I have a rather simple system, but I have had two complete hardware sets from two different manufacturers, in the time the UI has been available and it worked, minus the many missing features, with both.

Jim Lee and Highlandwalker like this.
  17. Feer9

Feer9 Registered

Doesn't really matter. They did hire people to make more content, while what they should be doing is start to fix their game.

dylbie, Juergen-BY and juanchioooo like this.
  18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

How do you know they didn't hire people in other areas? It's not their obligation to announce to the public when they hire someone....

19. Skylar

Skylar Registered

So....for shits and grins I uninstalled everything rf2 except my personal settings.
    I unsubbed from everything in the workshop and uninstalled packages for 2 hours.
    Reinstalled rf2 and re upped for the competition series and even bought Spa to run the Gt4 series and it still says it couldn't activate due to upgraded cars/tracks. Please manually uninstall them.
    Uninstall what? I haven't even run these cars but offline for 5 min. I play on two servers that run the GT3 cars and nascar once a week. That's it.
    I've tried uninstalling mods that are the package list that I don't run or don't recognize and most don't have an option to uninstall.
    Good times....

20. durielk

durielk Registered

I was running at SPA yesterday, GT3. Today rF2 will not even open. Was something changed on 2/5/2021?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.