Bring old UI back!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stratoliner, Feb 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice

Juice Registered

WOW, I can log into the forum from inside the UI. Why would you want to come here from within the UI?

I have not found graphics configuration in the UI yet. Something I use on occasion.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  2. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I hve pretty muc stopped using RF2 since the new UI came out, if you know me and my channel you'll know i've been a huge fan of the sim, but this was like the last nail in the coffin, as not only is it broken, and just awful, it tottal crewed my install and I had to completely delete the install, everything!, musta been like 100G or near enuff. After reinstalling and the day that that took, im now without most of the content i have, but then to come back in and find the new UI in this state, and what it did to the performance of the game, every time ive gone to use it after 30mins of not racing ive got so frustrated and annoyed with it ive given up and don't even feel like racing, moved on to waht ever else i've got to do. Today i've done one simple thing, moved back to the old UI............ Its bliss! I can enjoy one of my favorite sims again without it making me so phycotic i want to run out, get drunk and scream at a baby "as soon as you can understand the concept of suicide do it! Its hell out here, theres COVID, TRUMP, BREXIT and the new RF2 UI, get out as soon as you can!........ Wow! Sorry, i guess i needed to get summit off my chest:confused:

dylbie, rand777 and Juergen-BY like this.
  3. Juice

Juice Registered

I will not delete/uninstall/reinstall this, just to spend hours and to find it still doesn't work.
    This must have a simple solution. My RF2 folder is around 60 gigs, and who knows how big steam is. I literally only have steam for the licensing.

4. Skylar

Skylar Registered

So much promise. Bought into the competition series hoping for the best even if it's in beta. So far it's been a cluster**** for the most part.
    IMHO the new UI is ok but c'mon with the fixes or at least let us know what's being worked on.
    If I'm going to pay for track packs and cars that I can't use, what's the point. I'm pretty sure there are better ways to waste my time and money

5. Juice

Juice Registered

Just how much time do ppl spend in the UI? Maybe 10% of the time you are running RF2? You don't see it once you start driving, which is where I spend most of my time, errr. used to. I will be gaining about 80 Gigs of harddrive space after deleting trash that is broken.

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

7. Juice

Juice Registered

8. Feer9

Feer9 Registered

S397 really needs to listen to people, stop spending so much time adding new cars/tracks and focus on make things work. The UI lacks a lot of functionallity, and the things that are implemented need a lot of work to be really usable, and not just a beta like it is now. Hope they get that

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You should get that every time you click Play in Steam, so if that's not happening for you then that could be an issue and one I've not seen reported elsewhere.

So, what exactly happens when you click Play in Steam?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    Jim Lee likes this.
  10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

People who work on cars/tracks don't work on UI and vice versa, still surprises me to this day that people don't understand this.

Jim Lee likes this.
  11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Why can't you use them? What's stopping you from using Cars & Tracks you've bought? I and many others have been using paid content just fine with the UI, so do you have a specific problem? Is there an error message? A CTD? Failure to install?

More information required please.

Jim Lee likes this.
  12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

That's the first time I've seen someone claim their install broke, sounds like something else at fault but I've seen that happen in other games far too many times, so guess you were just unlucky.

How did it affect performance exactly? Another one I've not seen reported, the UI should not affect the sims performance when driving at all, or do you mean the UI Interface is slow?

Like above, more information please.

Jim Lee likes this.
  13. Skylar

Skylar Registered

Oh look a fanboi. I used to be a huge fan of RF back in '05 to '10. It worked well and was stable.
    Life gets in the way some times and I had to take a step back.
    Ten years later I have a little more time to play. I was looking forward to racing online with the competition system but half the time it boots me from the server or won't sync up at start of a race. Searches for content and gives me an error of my shopping cart. (500 code and crash to desktop.)
    Other times it tells me that I have a mod installed that won't work with the server (Alpine Gt4) but I am running what they sold me.
    Other times it says I need to buy a track that isn't even being use in the series. (Spa Forchamps)
    This is from just trying to sneak in an hour of racing a few times a week. I don't have endless hours to dedicate to fixing what should already work.

dylbie and Juergen-BY like this.
  14. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Its nearly the same situation on my end. Probably the best would be to went back to the old UI. Sadly, it wont will get game updates anymore.

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Ok first things first, I was trying to help you by stating that many other users are using the UI just fine, not once did I defend or praise the UI in any way shape or form. It says something that if other people are just fine with the UI and you're having difficulties then maybe it's something on your end, that's what I was trying to get to the bottom of with the questions.
    Secondly the term "fanboi/fanboy" is redundant, yes I am a Fanboi of RFactor2 as I was of rFactor1 some 16 or so years ago...and of RaceRoom...and iRacing...and Automobilista 2....and whole myriad of other titles, if I wasn't a fan I wouldn't be here! So drop the "insult", it's not needed and it's completely unwarranted. I understand your frustration, I too think Studio397 have dropped the ball on the "new" UI in certain aspects, but at the end of the day it's just a UI, nothing more nothing less.

Ok so we're getting somewhere, firstly you do realise the Competition System is in Beta right? I don't think (personally) this has been broadcast enough and should really be on display in the UI as I've seen lots of people think it's "finished" when it clearly isn't. So on that note there will be issues, there will be problems, that's what a Beta process is all about so it may not be for you after all.

Regardless to me it sounds like you're signing up for different Comps not knowing which ones are Free Content and which ones are Paid Content, more information on that will come in the UI (again...Beta). As for your Installation issue that's really hard to diagnose without being at your PC myself, try a Verify Files (right click RFactor2 in Steam, select Properties and in one of the Tabs there's a Verify Game option), do that in case something is not quite right - think of that as a cars MOT for Games (all Steam games offer this clean up service)

In the meantime all I can suggest to you is to take a step back again and come back when the Comp Systems is fully fledged out, by that time hopefully the UI will of improved as well and the Sim as a whole will be better for it.

Go be a "Fanboi" of another Sim like I do, I highly recommend all those I mentioned above :)

Jim Lee, nonamenow and Adam Helyes like this.
  16. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

funboy no, it seems that studio397 pays you hahahaha:cool::cool::cool::D

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Nope, I just use common sense and intelligence over raging without a constructive thought process. FYI for the most part I agree with a lot of posts in this thread, i just don't feel the need to shout about it ;)

18. JamesB

JamesB Registered

You are wasting your time trying to help some of these people, they will deliberately misinterpret help for the sake of it.

trichens, Jim Lee, Goanna and 2 others like this.
  19. JamesB

JamesB Registered

I have not been having problems with the ui, I have been driving the sim and enjoying it, but I suppose that means that I am being paid as well......

trichens, Jim Lee and Woodee like this.
  20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I know what you mean, I've seen it time & time again across many forums for various games over the years. I guess it's something in me that tries to understand their mentality and why they get so hung up on a computer game. This world is in a shit state right now so I find it intriguing that people get so upset over something as simple as a UI, even when it's not the main focus of the game. I guess we're all struggling with our inner demons (I know I am) during this pandemic and when things don't work like they should on the PC it causes that frustration to spill over, but the answer is not to rant, but to take a deep breath and look at the issues in a mature constructive way, without the need the breath hellfire like what this Forum has become accustomed too lately (don't mention the "physics flaws"...!).

Anyway back to the UI, it can be better, it should be better but I for one already like it way more than the Old UI. I find little point in rolling back to previous Builds unless you're a Server Admin who needs vital parts that are missing (agree they should be added ASAP), those who are so Anti-New UI would be wise to get used too it now, constructively show S397 the fundamental problems with it and the more of that the more chance it'll get noticed. At the end of the day though it's just a small part of what lies underneath, the racing experience hasn't changed because of the UI, in fact with the integrated Comp System it's now even better, even though that part is still in Beta.

Stress less, play more and you'll all lead a happier life :)

trichens, Jim Lee and Alessio Feletto like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.