Bring old UI back!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stratoliner, Feb 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petrolhead

petrolhead Registered

I am a tad confused. According to the latest news letter they said they were reverting back to the old UI (Unless I has missread that?)

However going back to the old UI put you back 2 versions to build 1122. However a lot of servers are now build 1124

Also looking at steam 1124 is no longer available

So how do you get round this problem

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  2. Javibeza

Javibeza Registered

I mostly dislike the new UI in terms of design (flat colors, slow transitions, a more complex navigation on car setup), use of space (there are a lot of empty wasted zones with a solid color on the screen in almost every menu, chat is not visible everytime and many drivers could loose important messages from stewards), and the absence of some critical stuff like a countdown to grid at race start, replay position/car information, or session settings information. For me it seems to be designed more like a modern touchscreen or tablet app than a PC simulator, with big button boxes and lateral scroll, but of course this is only a personal perception and opinion, I'm just an user and I'm mainly happy with this design.

It also has some new cool features like the track map, rain information visible from the garage, cool and modern icons. Of course, it seems competition system clearly needed this new UI to be developed correctly.

However, I think the only way it can be improved is by using it, and giving our feedback to the devs in a constructive way. Telling them what we are missing or what we need. Just getting back to old UI won't help anybody. With our feedback, I'm sure it will be improved.

Feer9, Juergen-BY, Elcid43 and 2 others like this.
  3. JamesB

JamesB Registered

I have not read anywhere that they plan to go back to the old UI, I think you must have misread that, or I did!

4. atomed

atomed Member

They´re not going back to the old UI, they reverted the last build to the previous one, meaning the whole simulator. If it helps you to get over this "the new UI me no like" thing, remember it´s not just a visual change, it´s a new way to communicate within the sim itself.

5. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

I have no problems with the new interface and all the people I know have no problems either.

The old one was clearly outdated and needed to be changed. Is the new one perfect? No, probably not...but it is clearly better than the old one according to me and everyone I know.

Since the interface is a web technology, it will be easy to modify it and even have your own version, several people have already modified it to slightly alter the behavior, I guess more in-depth work will take place once everything is done.

In short, asking for the old one to come back is for me equivalent to asking for a return to coal instead of electricity (although you can produce electricity from coal...): counterproductive.

6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Your answer is to make a fool of yourself, that there are no problems with the new UI? You read the forum little, it must be, ... that they will not come back is clear, .. but that currently the new UI IS A SHIT IT IS ALSO VERY CLEAR

Juergen-BY likes this.
  7. JamesB

JamesB Registered

He said that the new one probably has problems, read you muppet.

Jim Lee likes this.
  8. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

It's fun now...I just said that me and the people I know prefer the new interface, not agreeing with you doesn't imply that we're lying to ourselves, are you the burning bush or what?

We're still in a much better position than you are to know what we prefer, aren't we?

Jim Lee likes this.
  9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

To say that it is better than the old one is stupid, .... and if last week everyone had problems with falls and freezes it was for something, ..... he was not without problems because we all had it, in fact they quickly went back ..... what to say that I have not had problems just to defend a UI that is currently better is another stupidity ...

10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

You can say you want, perfect ... but trying to fool people by saying that the old one is obsolete, when he turns a thousand times over the new one it is foolish

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

... another car crash of a thread, pun intended.

atomed, Jim Lee and Dave^ like this.
  12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

certainly the peloteo is generous on your part:D;)

13. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Damage model?

atomed and Mitch9 like this.
  14. JamesB

JamesB Registered

I had no problems with the ui last week and your replies to everyone are toxic, you need to get a grip and learn how to have a conversation without the personal abuse. Grow up

dylbie, Elcid43, Remco Majoor and 4 others like this.
  15. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

Not sharing your opinion is stupid ? Lol, I'm glad to be.

Everyone had problems ? Not us, we are a lot that actually played the whole week and none of us got the tiniest issue. I personally play something like 3 to 6 hours a day (yeah, I have a lot of spare time due to COVID) and not a single issue but I'm sure you're going to insinuate that I'm lying just for the sake of contradicting you, right? Because once again you know better than me what's going on in my computer and in my life, right?

I'm not trying to fool anyone buddy, I don't care what you prefer and I'm not judging you, I'm just giving my opinion and it's different from yours.

Well I would LOOOVE to discuss all this with you but I have something more important and exciting to do at the moment: the dishes...

Elcid43 and Jim Lee like this.
  16. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

Seriously this is beyond stupidity sometimes...like when ppl are asking for official telemetry within rF2 despite there is a plugin to do exactly this...

I'm too old for this kind of stuff I think.

17. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

tah tah tah, who are you trying to deceive here? EVERYBODY has had problems, the proof: he has had problems, so obviously everyone has!

So you're lying, a bit like me...well, I'm living it very well in the end :)

18. JamesB

JamesB Registered

My next question to him will be to ask what POSSIBLE reason I could have for claiming that I was not having ui issues if I was...,....and then see who is looking foolish......

19. Juice

Juice Registered

New UI does NOT WORK. I can no longer do anything. Nothing is available to select. Will not shut down game if I click Exit.
    No response from support@studio397. My lifetime license became a virtual paper weight.
    Clearly the new "browser" technology has no clue where I have the RF2 files installed. Which is the default Steam folder.

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It works for many users, so the browser UI itself is not broken. The UI does have issues and does need more development but it is the future of rF2. There are literally dozens of threads about debugging the UI, Some may help you. Look at the Series tab to get back to All Tracks & Cars as a first step. Then verify in Steam, Choose v1122 which is the old UI under the BETA tab in Steam. Once that loads and you can access cars from the old UI, then go back to steam beta tab and choose NONE. That should provide you with a fresh install of the Web UI.

RaceNut and atomed like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.