Poll: Is this driving realistic?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nieubermesch, Jan 23, 2021.

?

Is this driving realistic?

1. Yes

31.6%
  2. No

68.4%
  1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

That explains a lot!

Remco Majoor and Nieubermesch like this.
  2. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Wait, are you joking or not? Ahaha
    I am guessing you are.

Anyway, how long do you people think wet tires should last in a race with dry tarmac? ACC toasts them really easily, in Rfactor2 it seems about the same as soft tires :confused:

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Depends on what tires and other factors like heat, the way tires work in certain track. They should also be easily outperformed by dry tires as soon as it is moderately dry. And if drivers continue with wets they usually hunt for wet surfaces in straights to keep them cooler.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  4. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Does anyone know what are fast/alien lap time around old AC rip spa mod with GTE ?

5. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Yeah, that's my impression of wet tires, but they seemed to drive quite decently on dry conditions for some time.

I wonder if anyone here has bought the eX Zero car. This car doesn't really show any of the behaviors many of the recent cars from Studio 397 do. Might be setup, but it seems undesteer really sends you into a straight line, out of the corner. Not sure what kind of tires they are trying to simulate here, but they are slicks.

6. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Wow, does 840KPa seem legit to you? :eek::eek::D:D:D:D

What about 1000° tires? Something really wrong here, I guess :confused:

I mean the eX Zero.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well the tyres don't break down at high temps in rF2, and pressure will rise with temp, so in those terms that makes sense. Presumably at that point grip is very low? Curious what the TGM display shows for the contact patch at that point too.

Don't own the car, so my only reference is what you report.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  8. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Yeah, that's what I presumed, but I don't remember any other car having reached temperatures so high, but this car also has 1000HP and a 1:1 power to weight ratio. Oh, I didn't even look at that, but yeah, it really felt like riding on balloons at that point, but I could still drive it somewhat, or sliding it around floatingly :rolleyes::D

9. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

I do have it, yes, what do you want to test ?

Dealing with car weight, what exactly makes you guys think they are "too light" ? Telemetry show forces up to 15 000 N on front tires under certain circumstances, I'm a bit surprised but I don't feel the car is too light...

[EDIT] Ok, here is a result about this, maybe I'm wrong but sounds quite logical and correct :

upload_2021-2-2_14-59-52.png

Of course assuming lat + long G is the same for the whole car, which doesn't sound that incredible after all.

This car is an Aston Martin GT3, weight while empty is 1245 Kg, 60 liters of fuel plus other fluids plus driver...doesn't seem that incredible after all.

Ok, very rough calculus (and maybe totally wrong) but doesn't seem incredible...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Martin_Vantage_(2018)

[PS EDIT] Forgot to mention, vertical G was 0 or extremely close (0.00 actually but not more precise) so I didn't took into account.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    Nieubermesch likes this.
  10. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

Actually I was just an idiot : just use tire load when car isn't moving and that is...

Here it is :

upload_2021-2-2_15-53-45.png

Car while not moving at all (so nothing else applying a force) weight 1385.40 Kg (in the game).

Out of curiosity and since the car weights officially 1245 Kg, here is the driver weight :

upload_2021-2-2_15-55-54.png

My bad, fuel level was 50 liters, so weight is more like 90 Kg.

What is surprising is that Audi R8 LMS's driver is 100 Kg...or maybe the actual car's weight I have is wrong, hard to tell (cars wasn't completely motionless...).

Anyway, as I was stating right before I made those useless posts, I tried iRacing, ACC, AMS 2 and rF2 and seriously, I fail to detect anything different with the weight of the car, I really don't understand how you can be that sure that the car have weight issues. of course you have to set up your ffb so that your steering wheel "feels" almost as heavy for both sims, which may be an issue to begin with.

Attached Files:

11. Kevin van Dooren

Kevin van Dooren Registered

People are sure about gravity being fake news in rf2 the same way you were sure about someone using steering help, just jumping to conclusions with nothing to back it up. I'm all for discussions about physics, but its the same story every time :)

12. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

At least I admitted I was wrong and I draw your attention to the fact that I had asked the author for confirmation by showing a video that showed both steering wheels, the stories of accusations were far beyond what I had done, not my fault if some people had shouted scandalously insulting just because I had asked if that was what he had done since by activating this help the car behaved perfectly with its ultra-faulty steering wheel technique. It turns out that he wasn't cheating (but I never said he was, I remind you) but that he was using an unrealistic FFB that allowed him to do so.

On the other hand, if I didn't have "no arguments", I had done some tests and the activation of this help made things very clear. I couldn't imagine anyone would go so far as to create a special setup to exploit a flaw and reduce the FFB to avoid the consequences...but yes, not strictly speaking cheating, which anyway was strictly never my problem, I didn't even know it was a video from some competition (because I didn't care, that wasn't the point of my question).

Very classy of you to make this type of allusion in passing, I imagine you recognize your wrongs as easily as I could show that I was doing it.

To come back to the subject, I'm doing exactly as I did with Henri Sinik: I ask for explanations.

Slip_Angel and Nieubermesch like this.
  13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I haven't bought the car, and this is not surprising to me. I have seen a video soon after release someone driving this car like if it was some weird initialD fantasy. Fantasy and paid - better be super good. Not a fan of looks. And most importantly physics seems more than doubtful...

By the way, I have read that tires melt easily at 600°C, I suppose at 1000°C they would go like in Salvador Dali paintings.

Pawel44, Slip_Angel and Nieubermesch like this.
  14. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

Do you mean Exxo tires ?

I don't think any tire could handle this kind of temperature, if they can reach this level without issues, there is surely a problem that needs to be looked at.

15. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Another one them who pretends to care but low key don't like RF2 being criticised.
    Zero contributions from guys like you, non existent.
    Oh but when someone makes a wrong accusation or post a wrong theory there you are 100% present, because now you have opportunity to vent your fanboyism, hate towards people who want to see improvement.
    All of your comments don't indicate that you think anything is wrong in RF2. Always with BS response like "i care about physics" or "i'm all for physics talk " etc etc
    but when someone tries any new theory or ideas you get butt hurt, like a fanboy and then come with a passive aggressive comment.

Pawel44 and Nieubermesch like this.
  16. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

godamn some people here are fuking blind to obvious driving exploits and setup exploits even though they are provided with video.
    This is THE definition of fanboys.
    Forums or discord both are useless because of guys like these.

"but YT video are no good" lmao what idiotic excuses these people come up with.

I'm going to say this again, whenever game is taking so long for fixes then it is faults of guys like you.
    Enjoy your pizza talk and "competition sliding "

Useless hindrance to progress that is what you guys are. Absolutely disgraceful that you pretend you like cars, care about realism.

Pawel44 likes this.
  17. Kevin van Dooren

You said he was clearly using it, but thanks for reminding me you didnt say he was xD

This unrealistic ffb is just another myth you keep telling yourself, there are enough fast people who will adopt this driving style if necessary without turning their ffb down to nothing. 60% ingame FFB is not an exploit, 100% FFB will clip a lot with every official car I've tried and I just don't get why it is apparently considered to be the most realistic way of setting up your ffb.
    A car setup is made to go as fast as possible, not with the intention to focus on a so called flaw.
    Flaws are found by going as fast as possible, not the other way around.

I have no issues admitting when I'm wrong though, but then again, I dont tend to go around accusing random people I dont know.

18. Kevin van Dooren

@Slip_Angel
    Nope, rF2 is definitely not perfect, never said or indicated that it is.
    I do like to see improvements in the physics department, but thats not going to go any faster by posting false claims without anything to back it up. A claim is simply not the same as a theory.
    Explaining why I think its false or untrue is not the same as hating :)

Remco Majoor and Comante like this.
  19. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

Did I say it was an exploit ? You read what you want to read man...

And yes, I was saying he was using in-game help and I explained why, I never said he was cheating. But because IN HIS CASE using in-game helps would have meant CHEATING, it was a problem and he proved me wrong. There is not much to say about this, once again I never said he was cheating, others did and some others were insulting just because I asked about that.

Now can you grow up a bit and stop putting this on the table each single time you don't agree with me ? It seems to me you are twisting facts to make it more than what it was really just to make a point, this is not what people admitting their mistakes usually do.

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Petrol weighs about 740g/L.

I wouldn't get too hung up on specifics though, official specs are rarely exact and BoP is a factor too.