Released Latest Build Update rFactor 2 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

As im not interested much in multiplayer anyway as i like driving against AI to keep my adrenaline level a bit lower in my older days,i must say that the AI was king in the begining.As long it is not possible to install/delete/uninstall package,what's the use of this now nowhere correctly working mess they made with THE KING OF MOTOR SPORT SIMULATIONS.I can accept a new UI ,but this is a slap in the face,no one asked for.I started with the King,saw him grow,now he is sickening. I leave the KING behind for a while/years?The King is dead,all hail the King...So enjoy your broken king.I have fun with the arcadish feeling game and watch how it grows...

2. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

How this isn't done yet is beyond me. From day 1 that was the most complained thing about it, and nothing had been done with it.

About the auto exposure, I agree that it should not be forced, as I found it annoying and it seemed to be working the wrong way around. There was no ability to turn it off, although there should be an option for that if it's implemented at all again

RaceNut, Mibrandt and Hazi like this.
  3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Regarding the blinding White UI background for VR users, remember you can just use the UI on your Desktop and "enter" VR when at the track.
    Also, as per the screenshot below, it looks like the plan will be to have proper backgrounds but they just haven't been implemented yet, so whilst a "Dark Mode" would be cool it may be quicker this way instead, this Green one for the Comp System is just fine in VR for me personally.

20210126142038_1.jpg

pkelly likes this.
  4. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I know, that's how I have done it pretty much always. Still on a screen, a complete white background is just eye blinding. Lots of people find the same, and I can totally understand that they feel like they are not being listened to and just ignored. It's such an easy adjustment, same for the UI resizing of the setup tabs

5. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

In my case, I need to adjust light-levels (or Gamma) for a couple of reasons.
    • My monitors have a low blue-light mode (I use it), resulting in less light overall.
    • One of my eyes has an advanced cataract (resulting in less light in my overall vision).
    So, short of having a Gamma correction setting, I may have to rely on the 3rd-party options to compensate. I'm currently experimenting with Reshade to compensate for the current darker state of rF2.

As for VR use, I'm avoiding that for some time due to other eye-related issues but, that much white (background) can certainly be uncomfortable.

6. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

A graysh colour would be enough...

7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

we improve day by day ... if the interface is already rubbish, to improve it now we fall every five minutes, every ten it freezes, and every fifteen minutes the only thing that moves in VR IS THE WALL OF THE BUILDING NEXT DOOR, I mean out of the glasses of course, because the vibrations are already unbearable

damn competition system,damn interface... better copy the good from other sims ... because catching the bad is insufferable

R.Noctua and Hazi like this.
  8. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

Is the engine brake mapping gone again??

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Is there anything broken with the showroom?

R.Noctua and juanchioooo like this.
  10. RoWo

RoWo Member

Yes. But what is broken on your end?

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Shaders looking wrong.

juanchioooo likes this.
  12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

buzz hornet and Juergen-BY like this.
  13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

do you know if it's fixed now ? in which beta section ? I use the old UI.

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If you use the old UI, you won't get most of the fixes. The Release Candidate contains the latest corrections and updates. NONE is the default current UI.

15. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

i have switched to last release candidate, and I didn't find any auto-exposure in the cockpit view, so I have returned to my old UI, I use the bonnet cam, it has the auto-exposure....