Released Released | Formula E 2021 & Track Updates

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Registered

please help me understand, I'm racing against AI, and it is 2 races that disqualify me at the end of the race, because I use the "attack option" badly, but during the race, I never used it, why do they disqualify me?

2. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

This. Need use "attack mode".
    AI don't can use.

3. gecervi

gecervi Registered

Ok I understand, but how many times during the race? And in which place?

4. Germano Cervini

So can you explain to me how to do it, what should I do? How many times should it be activated during the race, and on which stretch of the track?

5. lagg

lagg Registered

6. Germano Cervini

I have read now, but it does not explain how to use it in "single player mode", because I tried to use it in the race and in the end they disqualified me, and I also tried not to use it, but at the end of the race they disqualified me anyway.

7. Germano Cervini

who puts some setup here please ?, thanks

8. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

You have to use attack mode 3 times in a race, in which the ai will never use it.

R.Noctua likes this.
  9. Germano Cervini

I did as you say, but they disqualified me anyway ..........

10. J0E

J0E Registered

I posted in another area that you can turn off the Attack Mode if you're willing to edit the FE_2021_Upgrades.ini file inside the mas file for the car and create a new component. To use attack mode, you would first assign a key to attack mode. Then when you're a short distance from the Attack Mode lines on the track, you would press the button and drive over those lines to activate it. Once activated, you get the same advantage as if you turned up the power to setting 8 (225Kw). Ideally you would have the choice when you go to the Tuning menu when you select your car, but there's only the one option to have it active. I also found that the setting to use a certain fuel factor based on the number of laps in the race (also in the Tuning menu) doesn't work right on single player. I think it assumes that you're going to use attack mode and use more power. I ran a 30 minute race with the 30-minute 1.5 fuel use factor and I have plenty of fuel left...more than 5 minutes worth. Pretty much the functionality of the 2021 cars for single player is an embarrassment for S397. On the plus side, though, they did fix the problem at New York where the AI would get stuck in an opening in the inside wall just before the hairpin. They would get in there and repeatedly back up and go forward for an entire race.

R.Noctua likes this.
  11. Germano Cervini

since you are so good explain to me these doubts:
    1) if I have to activate the attack button 3 times, where does it activate in the race ?, I don't see any stripes on the asphalt, and no lights
    2) if I am in first position, do I always have to activate the attack button 3 times?
    3) must the attack button be held down all the time, or just once?

12. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Go back to the first post and click the link, read the info and watch the attached video and all your questions are answered there.

13. J0E

J0E Registered

Checking the first post is good, but just in case that disappears in the future or the link breaks or, well, you know.
    1. You need to press the button once before entering the Attack Zone. You have to activate attack mode three times during the race.
    2. You always need to go into Attack Mode three times during a race no matter where you are.
    3. Just press the button once. Pressing the button signals you intend to use Attack Mode. You still have to go through the zone.
    The zone is just two short lines on the track. You can, by the way, press the button and not drive over the two lines and you'll get a message that activation was not successful.
    If you're interested, I changed FE_2021_Upgrades.ini Attack Mode settings to this to turn it off for single player:
    UpgradeType="Attack Mode Mod"
    {
    UpgradeLevel="ATTACK MODE MOD"
    {
    Description="Attack Mode Settings"
    HDV=[ATTACKMODE]
    HDV=AttackModeEngineMap=7
    HDV=AttackModeTimeDuration=0
    HDV=AttackModeActivationRequirement=0
    HDV=AttackModeMaxArmings=0
    HDV=AttackModeArmingDuration=0
    }
    }

R.Noctua likes this.
  14. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Thank you!
    After this message I bought Berlin and New-York. :)

15. J0E

J0E Registered

Interestingly, I found you can add another section in the ini file to give you the choice in the garage Tuning menu to turn this on or off.
    I changed my FE_2021_Upgrades.ini to have this section. Now when I go to the Attack Mode setup in Tuning, I have two choices: ATTACK MODE MOD and NO ATTACK MODE MOD. I'm working my job so I don't have time to test if it really works in game, but I don't see why not. I'll test and report back tonight. If you do this, it's somewhat of an involved process running the mas2 editor and creating a single component package.
    UpgradeType="Attack Mode Mod"
    {
    UpgradeLevel="ATTACK MODE MOD"
    {
    HDV=[ATTACKMODE]
    HDV=AttackModeTimeDuration=30
    HDV=AttackModeActivationRequirement=3
    HDV=AttackModeMaxArmings=5
    HDV=AttackModeArmingDuration=5.0
    }
    UpgradeLevel="NO ATTACK MODE MOD"
    {
    HDV=[ATTACKMODE]
    HDV=AttackModeTimeDuration=0
    HDV=AttackModeActivationRequirement=0
    HDV=AttackModeMaxArmings=0
    HDV=AttackModeArmingDuration=0
    }
    }

r00b Driver likes this.
  16. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

@J0E Excellent idea.

Make me wonder, if it is this simple, why haven't S397 done this already?

Atsuki likes this.
  17. Germano Cervini

I continue to disqualify me in a single race, even if I win, because I push the button 3 times during the race, but I cannot see on the track where the button should be pressed, there are no signals, why ?, where the button must be selected, example in MONACO, where I am driving, help

18. J0E

J0E Registered

You have to press the button five seconds before entering the zone. At Monaco, the zone is after the hairpin. It's on the left side of the track and there are two lines that you have to cross to activate Attack Mode. Then you get the boost for 30 seconds. The markers for the zone are hard to figure out the first time. Take a look at Berlin. At Berlin there is this huge graphic painted offtrack adjacent to where the zone is located. But the zone is NOT the painted area; it is the two lines on the track to the left of the huge graphic.

19. J0E

J0E Registered

I believe you also get a message in the message window if/when you successfully engage Attack Mode.

20. Germano Cervini

absurd, but put a led on the steering wheel to know when to push the button, on the circuit you don't know when to do it, I can't find the signals in monaco, it's impossible, can you put a screen here ?, thanks