Released RCCO eX ZERO | Extreme Electric Racing Comes To rFactor 2

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Thank you for the note about the energy consumption on 1123 - I've passed this on, and it will be looked into further.

Many thanks

SRGP likes this.
  2. SRGP

SRGP Registered

It is even worse now : I can complete a lap at Indianapolis with the Battery at 100%
    Yes, i am generating energy...
    Unless this is just an other side of the same problem, I had not tested that before.

3. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

What did you do, you broke the car.
    Seriously, what the hell did you change.
    I raced it before and I raced it again tonight and these were the worst 30 mins I ever spent in simracing so thanks for that.

4. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

Seems fixed now? I consume bit less than 4% of energy/lap on Zandvoort 2020 layout. If this is more or less than before I don't know.

5. SRGP

SRGP Registered

Hm... I can't find any offical statement regarding an update so i highly doubt there has been any change since wednesday...
    I am so dispapointed with this one now I won't have the motivation to spend any more time with it. I have not even dared to try the Formula E to not blow the good impression it has left me... I am afraid there is the same problem, hopefully not tot he same extent.

If you want to know if the problem is solved, try Indianapolis GP13 : if you are around 4 or even 5 % per lap it is not normal (should be 7 or 6 for a good driver). I could go in deeper detail, but at some point it is cheating.

6. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

you need to ask the guy for the the fuel and track rubber load before calling it unrealistic

7. Enoneado

Enoneado Registered

without my 5 € neither, he is not the only one who spent a lot of money during two or three years with the hope of having a finished and polished game... and it still is in Beta version, with an UI development that is literally eternal, bugs not fixed during years and old content that is totally obsolete in comparison with their competence, when they release a new track or car the previous releases are obsolete, because they need one year to scan one track... i like the FFB feelings and other features of the game but this insane slow development deplete the patience of everyone, my last purchase was the ferrari GT3 to have the GT3 pack complete, but my last purchase was the BMW and no more for more than one year with the game uninstalled i came back to see what evolution had the game and is a little bit dissapointing to watch the same problems online, if you want to compete or play with people is a fucking desert, the competition system... is promising but with the precedents of the development i calculate two years to have a "stable" competition system, the UI... i don't know, i installed it two weeks ago and i had to restart the game 4 or 5 timnes for the "white screen" crashes when i was trying to config the game, is really frustrating to see this more than a year after. With the prices of all DLC's you can buy two or three games totally finished and with more content, i've lost my hope with this title, certainly. And i'm not the only one who thinks that, i meet a lot of people who was supporting the game during years, but only a few number of them continues and because they usually play alone, because they don't have time for training and preparing a championship in a community.
    I don't know if they need people to work on it or a sponsor or a publisher with money or other studio working with them or maybe they need to leave this obsolete engine and try to develop a RF3 from zero, i think they would develop all faster than patching this game during years without any sense, leave it to die... change to unreal or unity or other graphics engine, leave RF2 die, leave this fucking agonizing game.

Alessio Feletto likes this.
  8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

[​IMG]

9. Enoneado

Enoneado Registered

reading is a healthy exercise for the brain... yes i know, is requesting too much for you ;)

Alessio Feletto likes this.
  10. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Small content update for the RCCO eX Zero 2021 has been released:

RCCO eX Zero 2021 v1.39
    • Significant reduction in dirty air
    • Stronger slip stream and stronger draft
    rF2_RCCO_header-1024x585.jpg

pkelly, Travis and senormen like this.
  11. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Do you guys think S397 will share the .stl or whatever is needed to print the car body so I can use it with my Mini4WD?

12. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

RCCO is a blast to drive, and a great opportunity to see what's in store for the future of Motorsport.

EV technology has unlocked the door to the automotive cottage industry.
    Electric Hypercars are evolving behind the scenes at a blistering pace, with over 25 viable E-Hypercars in well financed development.

Its a nice treat!

13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I have now all the rF2/s397 content, Nice !

14. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

While it seems the novelty of eX ZERO has worn off a bit, still its a great concept car to drive & tune, just watch out for the spinning AI's... :)

15. Roman Triller

Roman Triller Registered

Do you know how to fix that? I just bought the eX ZERO on Steam and this stupid spinning AI kills the fun driving this car.

16. eRacer_

eRacer_ Registered

General Rant: Studio 397, what is the point of a car that can run for 20 minutes*? If we went to a real life race of 3 laps to Nurburgring 24H layout, I would win with my Hyundai Tiburon against this... ex_zero... because it would run out of juice. Have you hear of The Tortoise and the Hare?

Constructive Rant: If you guys (World eX) really want to innovate, why don't you design the car in a way that will allow to make a quick change of batteries through the back end. Or if the battery is the floor of the car, make it an insert from underneath, something that can be swapped.

I used to work in General Motors and they had (and still use) electric forklifts that allowed battery change in seconds through the back end. Sure you can figure it out (if not, I'm happy to help with the design)
    That would be a hell of an innovation. It would make this car unique!
    Think BIGGER!
    [​IMG]
    The new X-bow GT2 has a unique system to unfold panels and allow full access.

*according to official figures: https://www.studio-397.com/2020/12/rcco-ex-zero-extreme-electric-racing-comes-to-rfactor-2/

Last edited: Oct 28, 2022
  17. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Its a well aimed shot in the dark at what could be possible at the limits of current technology, sort of....
    As for the mod it's blast to drive but takes some re-learning so its not for everyone.

It would be great to have an Upgrade option that allows Refuel Timer settings to emulate pack swaps and a hydrogen powered option but I don't expect to see it.

eRacer_ likes this.
  18. eRacer_

eRacer_ Registered

Agree, but don't you think engineers are becoming a bit complacent?
    A friend of mine made a comment not long ago about steering wheel. Steering and the whole concept it's enclosed in the old steam systems of the Industrial Revolution. His point is that car engineers are complacent and kind of lazy, they are not innovative.

Forklift engineers figured battery swaps out YEARS ago, because it's industry. Sports cars is luxury-leisure and innovates slower for some reason.

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I proposed some sort of pitstop system that would allow the car to drive over a battery drop zone and then coast into the pitbox to allow the pitcrew to quickly attach a new battery. Chrysler/Fiat is working on speakers for their upcoming Electric muscle cars, something similar should be required of all E style races so that we don't get the scalextrix sound.

christoffilopodus and eRacer_ like this.
  20. eRacer_

eRacer_ Registered

I was thinking something similar myself. This is what I mean when I say complacent. If we can figure it out, they can too.
    In a parallel subject, this is the difference between strategy management and "coasting management". Real leaders come up with strategies to win their market.

christoffilopodus and davehenrie like this.