Low GPU usage

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Jirka Gillig, Jan 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Jirka Gillig

Jirka Gillig Registered

I am using tripples with resolution 7680x1440. Most gfx settings are mid to high, pp level 3. My fps is in the range 35-65 (msi afterburner) depending on track. But the GPU usage is only 50-60% and CPU only around 15-20%. I use rtx 2080ti. Is there something I can do to push my pc more to get higher fps?

2. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Have you capped your FPS any where, either in game or nvidia control panel, this will restrict GPU usage. Your CPU usage is fine, mine never goes above 50%, most of the time it's around the 30% area. The number of cars has the most effect on CPU usage, I can run up to 60 cars and it still remains at max of 50%. If your CPU usage goes any where near max you will start to get stutters and slow downs. Hope this has been of help.

3. Jirka Gillig

Jirka Gillig Registered

Thank you for your help. GPU is capped ingame at 84 fps. So I dont see the reason why GPU is not stressed more, temperature is around 50°C.

4. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

You could try totally uncapping to see if that makes any difference and also not using afterburner. I think I read some where that afterburner does not work well with rF2 but I may be wrong about this but it's worth a try and also close all back ground programs. Probably not much help but worth a try.

5. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

I’ve run triples (admittedly only at 5760 wide) on a 2080Ti for the last couple of years and achieve 100+ fps (often the 144 my monitors are capable of). You should be getting more than you are...

Are you using good quality cables and avoiding any cable converters etc.?

As to settings, I do have things such as reflections, shadow blur etc. set very low (or off) and circuit detail to minimum - a 2080Ti is good, but not a miracle machine....