New UI wishlist

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Mitch9, Sep 6, 2020.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Nope it's always been set for all cars per track, you maybe thinking of another sim or a 3rd party tool perhaps?

2. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

aahh that yes sorry now I remember, I believe that still only worked across all Cars though IIRC.

4. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

The previous pic just reffers to the “per track ai config”

We just need the opposite (per car);)

MarcG likes this.
  5. JoaoF

JoaoF Registered

Guys, I clicked on a server by accident and it started downloading the content - The whole 1B of it... and there is no CANCEL button? The functionality is nice but please add a cancel button... :-/

or a confirmation to download...

or both... :-/

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    Feer9, Bernd, Haris1977 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

Another one I love to request - the ability to restrict the number of cars/teams present in the race - like you can with AMS and AC (with Content Manager)

zaphman likes this.
  7. Neil Tyler

Neil Tyler Registered

Why have the session controls within races (dedicated servers) been removed / changed.
    Up until the last update, when racing on a server, if you were logged in as and administrator you could
    Advance to next session, restart warmup & restart race (among others) at the click of a button.
    Now all you can do is throw or remove a FCY and change the parameters of the next race.
    I don't understand why these functions would be removed???
    I know you can do all of these things by typing them in the chat box as a command, but this is a much less convenient way of doing what was once so simple.
    Also, while I am ranting, can we have the same session setting in the dedicated servers that are now included in the single player game, i.e. being able to set up multiple practice and qualifying sessions?
    Many thanks.

8. Jack Dyson

Jack Dyson Registered

Outrageous - really really difficult to see any sense in this! We PAY for this software and are reduced to begging for an included feature, it is our RIGHT to have what we want to learn and improve - this is the point of simulation, to NOT spend thousands on a real track and to optimise learning from one another and have better competition as a result.. This is a racing SIMULATOR that costs 30 Euro that people buy and love to race, not McLaren vs Ferrarri for millions of Euro. Besides real racing teams share driver data. Idealism gone bloody mad ... let's keep things in perspective shall we? With all due respect to the gentleman's opinion I for one, would appreciate it greatly if S397 would give us back the entire replay telemetry as it used to be.

To be clear I don't want it accessible to server admins only - I want it accessible to EVERYONE who pays their hard earned money for this software.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    Juergen-BY likes this.
  9. JParra

JParra Registered

Hi.
    I join the majority of requests on this topic. It seems incredible to me how a step back in functionalities has been taken when, in theory, we released a "new and better thing". Honestly, this is not in a position to call it even beta.

There is one thing that I sincerely hoped the new UI would fix, but it hasn't. When you are using a VR headset, during session changes and some charges, an epileptic flicker of the image occurs that, in fact, is quite annoying even with the eyes closed. Is this necessary? Is there no way to "hide" that exasperating effect?

On the other hand, I will never understand why offline you can leave a track in the game to choose another or change cars, but instead of an online session when you leave the game closes, I really don't understand it. Is it to save me a click? Well no thanks, I will decide when I have finished using the sim.

Regards.

Juergen-BY likes this.
  10. lagg

lagg Registered

Edit the Multiplayer.JSON and change the parameter "Auto Exit" to false

Neil Tyler and JParra like this.
  11. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

If this is the New UI wish list, I wish.....it worked ..... Oh well, it is a wish list after all. :oops:

lagg, R.Noctua and davehenrie like this.
  12. JParra

JParra Registered

Thanks Lagg, fast and accurate, as always. ;)

You will surely also know where the build version can be seen.

Thanks again

13. lagg

lagg Registered

JParra likes this.
  14. JParra

JParra Registered

Oh, wow! How intuitive, in line with the rest of the new UI ..

Thank you very much Lagg, I have already seen it

"buildid" "6118392"

lagg likes this.
  15. Neil Tyler

Neil Tyler Registered

Lost track of if this has been wished for, but can we have the lap counter back in replays, please?
    It is much harder to find incidents to judge on when you have to fast forward through the whole race. Thanks.

rigodon and jayarrbee36 like this.
  16. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

yeah, one of the more sorely missed features... word is they´ll work on bringing that stuff back before doing other stuff, I´m guessing they´ll do it after the competition system is stable

17. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

i was doing a lot of capture screens in game but also in menu with "F12"
    why it is not possible with new UI?

bring it back

18. lagg

lagg Registered

The screenshots are integrated now with the Steam system.
    Check where Steam save the screenshots.

19. David.V

David.V Registered

Hi Guys, any idea when some replay info will be display with the new UI ? Lap counter, lap time, Acceleration and brake cursor, etc... We miss all theses important information, I hope it could be available soon...

Feer9 and rigodon like this.
  20. rigodon

rigodon Registered

I think it's the same for all people acting as stewards in a league. We really need lap number, as well as brake and throttle pressure indicators, otherwise we can't judge incidents properly. For me, this is one of the new UI issues that must be fixed as soon as possible

Feer9 and Matthias Weber like this.