Released GTE Update - January 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Are you hearing Tomislav Leskovic concern? @Paul Jeffrey... that's the kind of issues that should never linger for so long... same for some UI/physic/fix aspects...

Would be nice if you could monitor, take the best out of the community and make the junction between us and your team...

Also, if not already, take a look at the 'Better UI' and 'are rfactor2 physic broken' threads... they are growing in popularity.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  2. Angel Alfaro

Angel Alfaro Registered

Thank you Studio 397, releasing updates like this means your listening to your users and the community. Keep it up :)

3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Thanks @Kahel for the @ mention.
    Indeed, we are currently building up an internal list of noted issues that have been posted across a number of locations from within the community, with a view to cross-referencing these with our existing bug fix workload to see if we've either got these in the workflow already, if further information is required, or if these are newly reported issues that need attention. The list is currently being built and is taking shape - so hopefully it will make for a good resource internally to ensure we capture as many of these reports and notes as possible, and can effectively plan investigations and resolutions.

Thanks for the note about the other two threads also, much appreciated - I'll make sure they are in the pile of locations that are regularly checked on. Thank you.

Remco Majoor, RaceNut, pkelly and 8 others like this.
  4. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

Dose this mean now that the Le Mans aero package is only available racing at Le Mans ? Or can who ever creates the server still have a choice to let it be used an non Le Mans tracks? I hope it dose, sort of defeats the purpose of BOP if people run different aero packages.

5. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

MrMaverick, The Le Mans aero package is still available at other tracks.
    When you choose the car you can use the drop down in customize to choose Le Mans areo then you have to "force setup".

SS

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think the TRICK should be to limit the aero package to ONLY Le Mans. The range of aero changes at tracks like Sebring thru GP Nurburgring should all be handled with the standard aero. Allowing users to NOT force setup changes and bring them to tracks other than Le Mans should be the technical challenge. If possible, allowing the server to choose between using the Le Mans package or not should be a hosting option and users with the wrong package should be booted. This would allow servers to host other versions of Le Mans but the strong fence should exist for all other tracks.

BigDuke6 likes this.
  7. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

But as it says in the change log in the OP, " Added trackconfig.ini to upgrade.rfcmp. Aero upgrades should now be forced based on track."
    Dose this mean that if I am racing online at Le Mans the Le mans aero package is the only aero package to choose from and if racing at a different track online the Le Mans aero package is not available ? Or can who ever makes the server still make the the Le mans aero package still available at non Le Mans tracks? The GTE's are meant to be a BOP controlled racing series so having the Le Mans aero package at all tracks defeats the whole BOP idea doesn't it?
    So dose this update limit the use of the Le Mans aero package to only Le Mans?

8. Havner

Havner Registered

I'm speechless. So you not only did not fix the GT3 AMR Dash, you also managed to break the GTE one (which is not even mentioned in the changelog).

@Paul Jeffrey,
    I think you are the guy I talked to on Ermin stream and I told you about GT3 issues (dash including and also where they are reported). Nothing happened with it and now this? Is this a f&^* joke?

amr-gte-dash.png

So what can we see here?
    I've used 31 liters of fuel and done 41 laps? Lol.
    The 31 is actually a lap. And not 31 laps, but 3.1 (the dot is too much to ask, I get that).
    41 is my fuel, fuel LEFT (not even used), not lap count.
    And I'm on ABS 1? Wait, this car has no ABS. This is TC! And it's exactly the same shite you put on GT3 lately. And now you copy&pasted it here. Even though the previous dash was completely non-prototypical (not that this one is), but at least it was consistent.

Also my brake bias is 2:09 and delta is 822. Hmm. I wonder what is that 16 below delta (don't answer, it's rhetorical, I very well know what it is).

How this go through your QA team? I'm amazed. A 10 year old would caught that. And I think I know why. Cause you have NO QA team. Your new (3+ year old) UI is a prime example of that. You made it default with state it is in? Clearly no one actually tested it. It's not a rocket science. 5 minute play with it and I found 10 bugs. 15 more soon after.

Physics is hard, I get that. I know little about that so I don't talk about it. But this? You should be ashamed by this.

EDIT: Here is my report of a Vantage GT3 mixup of ABS/TC indicator. Dated Sep 23 2020. In a thread that was visited by S397. Since then there were 2 or 3 GT3 patches. Not fixed (as countless other bugs reported in that thread by other people). And now they moved over the same thing over to GTE making it worse than it was before. I give up. There is literally no point in reporting any bugs.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    Nieubermesch, regged, Morbo and 12 others like this.
  9. Atsuki

Atsuki Registered

10. Dmitri

Dmitri Registered

love it well written and prove a point ... Students 397 dont give a f*ck about you or anyone else opinion\report\suggestions etc.

dylbie, McFlex, Adam Helyes and 2 others like this.
  11. Moises Tarcis

Moises Tarcis Registered

[QUOTE = "yashiman, post: 1054017, membro: 28122"] Obrigado S397 :)

[ANEXO] 35976 [/ ANEXO] [ANEXO] 35977 [/ ANEXO]
    BTW ...
    > Adicionado trackconfig.ini ao upgrade.rfcmp. As atualizações do Aero agora devem ser forçadas com base na trilha.
    Tentei um pouco antes no meu servidor em Fuji.
    Mas os clientes podem usar "FORCE SETUP", então o servidor não pode forçar aeropackages.
    isso é após a atualização da compilação? [/ QUOTE]
    Olá, também tenho a mesma dúvida, alguém entendeu o que fazer no servidor?

12. Stefan Kanitz

Stefan Kanitz Registered

The sound makes the music. Feel free to ask Marcel or Chris personally about the problems and why they are not fixed. Iam sure you will get a friendly and helpful answer.

13. Dmitri

Dmitri Registered

After all this years i dont feel like asking at all. I just wait for something to happen or for some other sim to do a better job regarding ffb. Then i think a lot of us will leave for good. And problem is not with software but with communication. Lying to your customer generally not a good policy.

dylbie, McFlex, Havner and 1 other person like this.
  14. Havner

Havner Registered

They were asked several times in the GT3 thread about bugs that are reported and repeatedly not fixed. No answer.
    They are free to answer in this thread as well. Do they need a special invitation? After all they supposedly read their own forums.

Besides, what good is an answer why issues reported long time ago are not fixed? At this point those are called excuses. I'd prefer them to fix those issues than hear why they are not yet again.

15. lagg

lagg Registered

It's known that it's better to use Discord to contact with S397.

16. Havner

Havner Registered

Then it should be officially mentioned somewhere, that bugs should be reported on discord otherwise they will not get fixed.
    Sorry, this is BS. Forum is more persistent than discord and there is a subforum literally called "Bug Reports". So this is just another excuse for me.

I don't need to "contact them" per se. I need them to read their own forums they created and react accordingly (like you know, a developer would react to a bug report).

McFlex likes this.
  17. lagg

lagg Registered

I'm mot defending anything.
    I only tell you that it's easier to contact S397 in Discord

Havner likes this.
  18. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hello, nope it wasn't me you spoke to on the stream I'm afraid, sorry.

Regarding the issue you mention here, thank you for bringing it to my attention, I will have a look through our systems and ensure it is brought to the development team if it hasn't been already.

19. Havner

Havner Registered

Ok, understood. That was the person that commentated on GTE event that Ermin and Sim Racing Paddock took part in. And we had a conversation after the event ended. Do you know by any chance who that was? It was an employee of S397. I kinda remembered it was a S397 community manager.

Cheers. Also please bring this to their attention:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-and-counting-listing-detailed-reports.68017/

And also the whole GT3 thread. If you need help, I can summarize bugs reported in that thread by me and other as the Vantage dash is only one of those.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/latest-gt3-updates-includes-bop.67278/

20. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Thanks Havner,

I'll PM you in a second about the bugs, might be more helpful if we can break it down together.

Regards who you spoke with... no sorry, no idea :(

Cheers