Released Latest Build Update rFactor 2 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hello sim racers!

We have a new build update available today, details of which can be found below:

• Client build ID: 6098993
    • Dedicated Server ID:6098998
    (we recommend updating all dedicated servers)

Changelog:
    - Added back-end support for detecting the state of the Steam overlay so we can advise people to turn it on when trying to show them a shopping cart.
    - Fixed a possible deadlock.
    - Changed the lighting at dusk to gradually transition the fog color, preventing a sudden light change.
    - Improved the shutdown of a dedi so it no longer exits with a non-zero return code.
    - Fixed an issue where if we failed to load a custom skin we would not correctly fall back to the default skin.
    - Fixed an issue where blurred reflections did not show up.
    - Made the material editor port configurable in the scene viewer and changed it to 5396 by default so it won't conflict with the default port that rFactor 2 uses.
    - Allow up to 128 scene paths in the scene viewer.
    - Fixed an issue where upgrades did not correctly show in the showroom when selected.
    - Enforced loading the correct upgrades before we initialize physics online.
    - Added a few missing control options in the menus so they can be assigned again in the UI.
    - Significantly improved the way we render our clouds, resulting in much better looking skies.
    - Server will now kick a client using a custom team if file transfers are disabled because that client would be kicked when a race starts anyway.
    - Various auto exposure tweaks were done, also to the cockpit view.
    - Only pause the first session now if the setting is enabled on a dedicated server.
    - Fixed UI mouse click control.
    - Converted old FSAA values to new MSAA ones.
    - Corrected some inconsistencies between the viewer and rFactor 2.
    - Fixed some compound rendering issues in the showroom.
    - Improved the camera editor in dev mode by fixing some assets for it.

The new update should download automatically next time you restart your Steam client.

Happy Racing

rf2 updare.jpg

2. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Thank you Paul!
    Keep it on S397!

3. Norman K.

Norman K. Registered

For me, the cockpit view is a way too bright. Here are two screens to show you.

rFactor2 18-01-2021 22-07-37-345.png rFactor2 18-01-2021 22-07-42-65.png

mesfigas and Max Melamed like this.
  4. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

This is a little because you are so far back with such a dark cockpit. Unfortunately we can't mask out the cockpit, only set an area to ignore. It could perhaps be improved by masking top and bottom of the screen a little - which we could look into, but the same settings are required for all cars so it's a tricky balancing act.

pkelly and atomed like this.
  5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

That looks pretty much how it should IMO. If too bright, it is not much too bright, assuming it is bright summer day with intense sunlight. At least it seems so to me. Some less difference, and I'd say it would be hardly noticeable if there is a change of brightness.

One thing which looks strange to me, the specular shading on building top far end appear to be different from cockpit view.

I am looking forward for improved skies screenshots, how did it change ?

6. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Agree about the cockpit view is too bright now (VR) Something is wacky with the autoexposure - its very distinct how it adjusts now.

Please explain why this has not been fixed yet?! Its incredibly sloppy to let such an obvious and annoying bug exist for so many builds. Dont you care about these things??? Are none of you VR users? Unbelievable - surely it cant be that hard??? @Christopher Elliott has taken note of the bug in November and has since been ignored. :mad:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....wing-the-ui-border-ingame.67845/#post-1056268

Ernie, McFlex, Toro and 3 others like this.
  7. Norman K.

Norman K. Registered

For me it is too bright. Before todays update, it was perfect ! Sorry guys i wait for the next update.

McFlex and Mibrandt like this.
  8. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Is there a file somewhere where we can adjust autoexposure in cockpit view? I think it is way too bright now.

Havner likes this.
  9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

doesn't look that much bright from the screenshot above, perhaps jus a thing to get used

10. benborp

benborp Registered

Numerous crashes to desktop, both online and off. Haven't noticed a pattern yet.

Rui Santos, cabezaspeed and Havner like this.
  11. Andregee

Andregee Registered

For me its much better now , bevor it was much to dark.

12. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Have to confirm it. Very unstable this build.

cabezaspeed likes this.
  13. Checo Rivera

Checo Rivera Registered

14. Checo Rivera

Checo Rivera Registered

This problem it happens only in the server, not in single player. I don't know what is happening but the updates are making the participants desperate. I hope and this is corrected soon or the communities will start

15. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Same here for me. multiple CTD's both offline and online. Normally have zero issues.

16. pig

pig Registered

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    Mibrandt, F1Aussie and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  17. Bruno Gil

Bruno Gil Registered

In CS, after this build, I and many others are having one or more of these issues:
    The first time you join a session after the timer goes down, the game will CTD after loading;
    If you are able to load again in time to make it to the race, some will get disconnected about halfway though the first lap;
    Even if you survive this, every time someone joins or leaves the server (which happens aalot because of the reasons above), you get a massive 1+ seconds freeze. Illustrated here:

That was in 19/01 1am GMT tatuus race. And then, just now, in the alpine cup race, I get disconnected, rejoined, and the freezes were happening there aswel

Checo Rivera likes this.
  18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

What does this mean to the current AA? Does this mean we have a cleaner image now? I have hoped for better AA forever. If this is true then it's just cascade shadows and we should be fairly golden. Well better reflections refresh rate also but hey, one thing at a time hey.

F1Aussie likes this.
  19. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

clouds looks awesome but now there is too many random crashes without errors

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

We should all get into the habit of loading the tracks used for the various competitions PRIOR to trying to join. Get that cache built first either offline or in practice online sessions. Then, once you join the Comp System, the track(s) will load much faster.

pkelly likes this.