[REL] Alpine Series rF2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by klo-che, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

Could you please allow to move the seat rearward?, with max rear position I cannot see HUD placed on the wheel

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Huge work, I can only say congratulations

[​IMG]

mesfigas likes this.
  3. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Registered

Awesome fun to drive! Great work!
    The front goes airborne really easlily, is this a real characteristic of the car?

marmagas, GTClub_wajdi and mesfigas like this.
  4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Just a note to say the same thing happens with the Lap Count when you go 10+ laps

5. gt911

gt911 Registered

wow that's great, thanks

6. Nicolas Pailhes

Nicolas Pailhes Registered

Great job, thank you :) There is just one thing: it has too much grip on the rear wheels, right?

Nieubermesch likes this.
  7. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Registered

It feels like the front splitter acts reversed, giving the rear wheels insane grip, but the front goes Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Nieubermesch and senormen like this.
  8. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

Yep fantastic mods,but both cars are unspinable even leave tc off,way too much grip I think. Overall it's a amazing one despite grip. And compare to acc one (both licensed and have real data), car chatastic is similar, but acc one lose rear easily in aggressive preset. But the ffb feeling is better for me in rf2

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I've started typing a response to this 5 times now and keep having second thoughts on whether to post. (this is a licensed car after all, and people seem to love 'real data', so...)

I'll just point out that a rear wing has leverage behind the rear axle and will produce front lift (in comparison to no wing; I'm not suggesting a rear wing necessitates net front lift :)). Also sedan shaped cars don't produce a lot of net downforce even with a spoiler, splitter, and rear wing. All but the more extreme racing modifications are about reducing lift rather than gaining net downforce.

Having said that, I'm not sure about the aero balance on this one. Tyre load balance goes a long way rearwards.

HomieFFM likes this.
  10. Ralph_Raccoon

Ralph_Raccoon Registered

Really nice car,, if the track is flat really nice to drive, but it got the same problem like 2020 Bentley and other GT3 after first release of the latest BoP, way to much front lift. Would be nice if this will be fixed

11. Martin Dyrlund

Martin Dyrlund Registered

I get what you are saying. Then lets take under heavy braking. Official GT cars gets alot more front downforce during braking, whereas this gets more lift during braking. Who is right?

Also i dont know how your motec plugin works, but front and rear downforce sensor should not influence eachother, but the tyre load should ofcourse. Just because you have a leverage from rear downforce doesnt mean the front should produce lift, you get what i am saying? :)

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The front and rear downforce are measured at the axle, they don't represent front and rear 'wings'. (it wouldn't be that simple anyway, as there's body and 'fender' downforce, plus the diffuser) That's not really the choice of the plugin, that's just what the game reports.

*oh, and what happens when the nose dives depends on a few things, like the diffuser reaction to the angle, whether it stalls, and how the front wing (splitter) reacts to height.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  13. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Its a bit hard to make it less understeery, but finally managed to tune it in a bit. Though it eats those slicks. 30 min race and tires are down to 65% but still quite driveable.

here is my setup for Kyalami (Heikki version)

Attached Files:

atomed likes this.
  14. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

Official cars are higher level gt cars which have a lot of downforce, and gt4 is a entry-level gt class, which is not much faster than TCR even with much more power. So the downforce might be small. And the ffb feeling under hard braking is just similar to acc version which is licensed car too. So this I don't think is too much problem. But the tire is absolutely too much much more grip which I think it's the biggest problem.

Nicolas Pailhes and atomed like this.
  15. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

At D'Azur track, AI keeps hitting apex fences, is it the track which is flawed or are there something wrong with the car's physical limits/boundingbox?

20210117135615_1.jpg

16. instinkt

instinkt Registered

I have weird problem with these Alpine cars, my T500 shaking violently without reason
    S397 GT3 and Tatuus working fine, Alpine not
    I tried to change minimum torque and smoothing but it changed nothing at all
    it's undriveable, shaking randomly on all tracks I tried (Silverstone, N24, Atlanta MP, Spa)
    it shaking on straight even in pitstop when I'm rolling 40km/h :(

17. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

18. leseb64

leseb64 Registered

need lowers the "periodic forces" in the trustmaster drivers

19. instinkt

instinkt Registered

I don't want to change my software settings, they're perfect for all S397 cars and other games
    this ffb is just broken on both cars on that wheel, I'm not sure about other wheels but few people on discord said it's choppy for them too

20. gt911

gt911 Registered

As far as I'm concerned, the ffb is very good, I appreciate how I feel behind the wheel (fanatec csw-v1) it is successful for this car.:)

sg333 likes this.