New UI FAQ (Frequently Asked QUESTIONS) for reference

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Woodee, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Wanderpoole

Wanderpoole Registered

Possibly a 3rd party app like Motec, Maybe Simhub, Second Monitor. Probably best if you use 2 monitors.

2. Michael Havlena

Michael Havlena Registered

Why do I have several tracks that don't seem to load with the new UI? These tracks constantly show the loading symbol and cannot be selected. These include tracks from the workshop and from the package folder. Almost as if the game is detecting older verisons of these tracks and tying to load them....
    appreciate any insight....
    Thanks guys!

Attached Files:

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I'd suggest either searching the forum for this problem, posting your own thread or submitting a bug report.

4. Faarup75

Faarup75 Registered

Please reimplement the vehicle label ASAP. They are very annoying to live without.
    Does anyone have a workaround?
    Thx guys!

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

No.... see FIRST POST!

6. Gary Anderson

Gary Anderson Registered

hi i'm having an issue i can't get rfactor 2 to launch with the old ui now it was working before but now it starts then goes back to start button i have a GTX3070 i need this old ui setting so i can tell whose name is in front of me for racing

7. lagg

lagg Registered

Does it happen in all circuits and cars?
    I think that some new content doesn't work with the old UI.

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Added gfx config shortcut.

9. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

That is the most stupid thing I ever heard!!!!!
    Just put a friggin icon that says "ALL CARS" and another one that says "ALL TRACKS" right at the front of the first friggin page where we are all looking for it!!!
    How friggin hard is that????
    I mean what the hell were they thinking when they did something this friggin stupid???
    Just stop with the rediculus excuses and just fix the damn thing!!!
    And what the hell do they mean by I have a series picked???? Really??? I didn't pick any friggin series!!! Hell, I can't even get to the cars or tracks!! How the hell am I going to pick a friggin series??

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't know if you've forgotten already, but fairly often people in the old UI would ask why they couldn't see all their cars and tracks - and it was because they had a series selected. So they had to go to series selection up the top, click into it, click all car and tracks, and then accept (sometimes missing that last step).

So what's changed exactly? Why are you so upset?

You know the funny part? You can go into car or track selection (by clicking on the current names from the main menu, or going into Customise via the main menu or via the Race menu) and still select which series you want. The old UI didn't let you do that.

It's actually better. You just need to learn to take 3 breaths and stop being a complaining complainypants just because it's different.

*And just so I don't get labelled a fanboy: I think 'clicking through' the series would make more sense. So I get where you're coming from. I'm just pointing out it hasn't changed in that respect.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    Highlandwalker likes this.
  11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Not sure why you quoted me... and this thread probably isn't the best place for your rant, perhaps make your own? Thanks. Or better still tag the staff and harass them about changing this "simple thing".

vegaguy5555, atomed and lagg like this.
  12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Added 2 videos to the first post to guide how to find "All Tracks and cars"

13. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

The lcd show you who is in front and behind and the time gap to them. It shows as many as you want by scrolling up and down. By default it shows you 2 in front and 2 behind.

14. lagg

lagg Registered

But if you are gong to lap a pilot, this is not shown on the lcd

15. Woodee

Woodee Registered

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/new-overlay-relative-and-race-stats.28807/ ? This is for simhub I think.

I use this one below, someone on discord passed me the download link. But I can't find a public link but this: https://forum.simracing.club/index.php?threads/relative-overlay.8126/

16. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Yeah! Sorry about that. I know it's not your fault. I just heard "you got a series clicked" when I have no idea how to do that!

But here it is! This is a little frustrating!!

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Are you seriously just trolling now? Multiple people in multiple threads have mentioned how to select cars and tracks. Stop clicking on "All cars and tracks" - that's the series! It only takes you back to series selection! You don't get to choose cars/tracks there! (same as the old UI!!!!!)

@vegaguy5555 click the ****ing car name...

Paulfield and lagg like this.
  18. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

First of all, I'm definitely not trolling! I want to be driving instead of going around and around in circles in this rediculus UI that took years to be this stupid! And you should probably re read the instructions you just gave me? Click on something that isn't All Cars to get to All Cars?? Really??
    I'm looking for All Cars! Logically anyone would click on..... all cars? But you are telling me to click on something different.
    All I'm saying when you click on something that says all cars then all cars should come up!
    What's next? Pushing the fuel pedal is going to bring up all cars? That even makes more sense? Sorry! I was trying to say something dumber then this UI but I failed!
    I can understand a mistake happening but why hasn't it been fixed yet??
    What's the point of having words in this UI if they don't mean anything??
    If this wasn't stupid there wouldn't be a guy fixing it on his own!
    ...... yah... this is frustrating to say the least!
    I really wanted to be driving instead of fighting with this!!

Edit: just to add. I'm in a lot of pain with my hip so I'm probably a little more irritated then normal. But after trying to get my mismatched triples to work for more than half a year it is finally working and then I can't find anything. Well at least my old car seat in my driving cockpit makes my back feel good for so reason!

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    FS7 likes this.
  19. Woodee

Woodee Registered

When you are clicking "All Tracks and cars" you are choosing the series (groups of tracks and cars). If you click the track or car name you will choose a track or car.

Maybe it would be helpful if they had a prefix of Series: XXX, Track: XXX, Car: XXX.

So remember.... a series is just the group of cars and tracks (which could be specifically filtered). Because this is a mod platform, that's the way it was setup.

Personally I think it's too confusing to have the customise part before hand. It should just have an option to go to single player or multiplayer then choose from there. Seems to have the same information on two screens.

Hope you get on track soon with this help.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  20. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I built a big 90 degree triple cockpit with a 58" and a couple of 50's because I couldn't afford more so it wouldn't work with surround, which made everything difficult. But thanks to everyone's help here I got it working with rF2 this weekend. I find it better then VR personally! Peripheral vision makes a huge difference. I find myself slowing too much into corners now. Minus the uncomfortable head mount. Now I can drink and drive!!

PS thanks everyone!

pkelly likes this.