Released Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1122 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

Same happening to me, framerate halved and a lot of stuttering when watching myself at replay (only car on the track) in VR

2. JRoque

JRoque Registered

Thanks for the update and to have made it so quickly after returning from break.

Q: is there a way to change the color scheme?
    Not to be too critical but I cannot stand the super bright, hideous red/white combo. As a VR user, I'd love to have a 'dark' theme that's easier on the eyes. Transparent menus and sharp text would also be welcome.

Thanks!

Elcid43 likes this.
  3. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Replay indeed wants to run in 60FPS whilst my headset wants to run in 90. This might have to do with this stuttering problem

RaceNut likes this.
  4. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Using custom liveries is now broken.
    Some people get booted at the race start, some just see white cars, others see standard livery instead of the custom liveries.
    It's a right mess at the moment.

Mibrandt and juanchioooo like this.
  5. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

Yes it's broken .... There are still problems since this new UI ... Fed up!

Mibrandt and juanchioooo like this.
  6. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Just to add, did a league race tonight, and the lag in vr graphics has gone up tenfold.
    After spending many hours to get really good settings, it's all gone to pot again.

Looks like the fix has broken more than it fixed

7. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

In-car my lag actually went away. It's just in menu vsync doesn't know if it has to go 60, 90, or 120/144 fps which I think is the main cause of all the lagging in the menu and replay with VR on.

RaceNut likes this.
  8. Badbull_OZ

Badbull_OZ Registered

After the recent update, when i launch the game i get stuck on a blinding white screen.. waited 10 mins nothing happens so i forced shut down and tried a few times. I eventually went back on the old UI build and the game works.. Anyone else have this issue? Any known work arounds? new UI was fine up until they pushed out this update.
    Thanks

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

TRY clicking anywhere inside the white area. I had this a year ago when the UI first was released. Hasn't happened, to me, in a long time.

10. Badbull_OZ

Badbull_OZ Registered

Thanks davehenrie, normal response when it was frozen to click frantically on the screen, i dont see mouse or anything just stays on the white screen.. Ill try going back on New UI again and try again.

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

make sure you check your video config before launching rF2. Ensure it shows your vid card, not AUTO or Microsoft

12. Filip

Filip Registered

What is the use of last used configuration tab?
    In my opinion this "read only" state is not needed. I need to click Customize to be able to change anything. Why not enabling changing car and track by default and skip this unnecessary click?

When choosing track configuration on left side of the screen is track map and underneath is select button that could be made more obvious.
    It doesn't stand out and it doesn't look like something clickable.

pkelly likes this.
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think you missed something: you can click the series name, car name, and track name, in that tab, and change each of those immediately. You don't need to click Customize.

14. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

15. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Ive added my comments to the discord chat :)

I use a 3080, one friend uses a 2080 and another a 1080ti, all have the same problem

Manfredk2 likes this.
  16. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

i use vr gtx 1070, i5 8600k, zero problems

:);):rolleyes:

17. Filip

Filip Registered

Yes I missed that.
    I'll rephrase the question than:
    Why is there a Customize button if user can already click the series name, car name, and track name, in that tab, and change each of those immediately?
    What purpose does it have other than missleading users into thinking they have to clik that button and therefore not noticing they can already achieve the same thing without that unneeded extra click?
    That leads to another quiestion: why aren't series name, car name, and track name made more obviously clickable and not just bold font in the same row?
    Game UI is not a web page, users don't expect to click little bold info text.
    I don't see any reason to have that Customize button. Last known configuration info is not needed in my opinion, that tab should look like when you already clicked Customize, so with Race and Session settings buttons and with series, car and track links visibly clickable.

There will be less confused users.

Mibrandt likes this.
  18. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

Agree the customise button isn’t intuitive and could be better implemented. Splitting online MP and offline would be my preference to keeping them both under Race.

Would also like to keep servers as favourites even when they change content and saving password for each favourite would help users in leagues as well.

19. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Thanks for the heads up. I use a GTX1070 and have done for a while with no issue till the new UI, when I switch back to old UI I don't get the stutter. :(