[REL] Easy Icon Creator Showroom

Discussion in 'Other' started by redapg, Sep 16, 2020.

1. khan1670

khan1670 Registered

Are you sure? It might look black, but if you open in something like paint.net it will be transparent.

2. redapg

redapg Registered

As @khan1670 has said already, please check the Screenshots in a Picture Software/Editor that can handle png Files.
    If everything is set up correctly, they have to have the transparent Background.

3. Thaichang

Thaichang Registered

Yes! My fault was to modifiy common player.JSON not inside Dev Mode.

Thanks!!!

4. svictor

svictor Registered

2022-05-16 Updated script
    ---------------------------------
    Great showroom, thanks.

Here is Imagemagick batching command I just wrote for fast converting all icons locally, including 512x512 icon for old UI.

How to use:
    1. Install Imagemagick
    2. Take screenshots according to Easy Icon Creator Showroom guide, then rename screenshots to their corresponding skin name.
    3. Create a folder called IconSource inside Teams folder. Move all renamed screenshots into this IconSource folder.
    4. Open Command Prompt in Teams folder, copy following commands into Command Prompt and hit Enter.
    5. Done.

Note:
    This script auto-crop all empty space, then resize image to different icon size. So all you need is to take screenshots and rename them, then run the commands.
    If you don't want transparent background for old UI icon, just remove -background none code from last line of command.

Last edited: May 16, 2022
    Mauro, DJCruicky, vava74 and 6 others like this.
  5. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

If i understand correctly (please correct me if i am wrong) this whole procedure wont work in new ui right?

I mean, lets say that i manage to produce those png's (by taking snapshots in garage's normal mod and not in dev mode, i am working on this procedure), will i be able to see those snapshots in new ui? See the pic below.

IMG_2321.JPG

Or will it ONLY WORK in dev mode?

6. lagg

lagg Registered

You'll have to do a new package of the vehicle or an update, including the new pngs to make it work in the new UI (not devmode)

7. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

@lagg thank you.

I am trying to use the EIC showroom but i get no car image inside the devmode garage showroom.

I have copy my mod (folder name Corsa Cup 2010) which lies in the:

\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles\

into the

steamapps\common\rFactor 2\ModDev\Vehicles

but i get no car preview in tuning menu (showroom). Any idea what can be wrong? Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  8. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

hey here, you need to put mas files under "1.25"
    \steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles\Corsa Cup 2010\1.25
    into Corsa Cup 2010
    steamapps\common\rFactor 2\ModDev\Vehicles\Corsa Cup 2010
    here. Note that there shouldn't be version folder.
    If still doesn't work, you should using mas2 tools to extract it into folder with correct structure.. That might need to look at gen file contains.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    Corti likes this.
  9. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Doesnt work, i tried it. Anyway i found another way to take screenshots. Thanks!

zxd1997 likes this.
  10. redapg

redapg Registered

If you next Time want to do something like you do with the Corsa, contact me, i will send you a working DevMode Version then. ;)

Mauro and Corti like this.
  11. svictor

svictor Registered

To use car mods in DevMode, must unpack mod first. At least unpack the main file (which contains file such as GEN INI CAM HDV), and with correct folder structure and file name(mostly same as RF1).

You can read official guide here:
    Car Modding Introduction v1.0

And other car modding guide here:
    https://www.studio-397.com/modding-resources/

zxd1997 and Corti like this.
  12. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

@Corti sent me a working CORSA version to try it. Had to change some values but it worked! I have some other mods that do not have working thumbnails but while i know how to capture those ones, i do not now how to pack the files into a new working mod:(

zxd1997 likes this.
  13. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

Repack pngs into MAS file is simple enough because you just need to drag all pngs into opened mas file in MAS2 tool, just into the MAS which contains the cars veh file. Then you need to use that tool to pack it as rfcmp then it can be installed in normal mode.
    The process might be easy, just click the 2nd last button (maybe it is) on mas2 tool's toolbar, then choose create single cmp package. Then create new component, input Corsa Cup 2010, set version number, then add mas files using first button right of the file list. then push "package", done. (without my computer I can just tell you from my memory, so might be not very correct, but it can work like that process.)
    PS, if you help more mods without thumbs to get it, our players will appreciate you, but you need to get the original modders permission first.

Corti and Haris1977 like this.
  14. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

I am on the way to do it. There are some exceptional mods out there, most of them old ones or in beta phase, where i want to make some car screenshots. Eg the old and forgotten lada cup (http://www.internationalsimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=3569.0) or the very nice AE 86 toyota mod (https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/ae86-club-v0-431.65855/), which will be time consuming as there are many liveries:)

Corti and zxd1997 like this.
  15. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

the AE86 club mod is good, the original modder might to do it but need to wait, but he will continue working on that so don't worry. (I tried to convert his mod then he do it himself so I quit to avoid problem).

16. redapg

redapg Registered

Check this Thread.
    At the end of the opening Post is a Video.
    And do what was written above already. ;)

zxd1997 likes this.
  17. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

That is a good video but i have zero knowledge about basic stuff. So i d love to see an easy to understand video that starts from scratch and of course with an example (e.g basic mod structure when you extract it, what are those files (mft and mas files), how to add stuff in files - like the screenshots i ve captured for the corsa mod, how to repack etc). Just a simple 1-2 min video.

PS Example of the video that i want to see:

It will start with the mod extensions. Rfcmp and rfmod (i do not know if there are others too)... It will state the differences. It will say

- how to install the mod (thank God i know that:)),
    - where the game extracts its folders (i think it is in \steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles\)
    - what is the a basic mod structure (e.g mft and some mas files).
    - what are those files
    - how to unzip those files (e.g with the mas2.exe tool)
    - how to add files (eg the png's into the correct mas file)
    - how to repack and create the rfcmp mode

etc etc..

18. redapg

redapg Registered

Ah, OK, i understand.
    All these Information can be found here in the Forum and elsewhere in the Internet, because they have been asked and answered a lot Times before. ;)
    The "Problem" is, that you have to search for it, but you can find everything.
    I can not talk for Others, but for myself it is an easy Decision, to choose between spending my limited free Time with Modding or with writing Tutorials (what i also have done in the Past already).
    With that Options, Modding is always the Winner. :)

Mauro and zxd1997 like this.
  19. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Has anyone else experienced that screenshots aren't saved in the rFactor 2\ModDev\UserData\ScreenShots?
    They're saved in the steam-screenshot folder for rF2... But those don't seem to work properly... JPG nor PNG, don't matter...
    Why aren't they stored by the game itself in it's native folder?

20. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Screenshots do not get saved in the rf2 default folder at the moment with the new UI. If your using F12 for screenshots there saved in the main Steam folder, path below. All my screenshots have saved OK as jpg.
    Steam\userdata\365741437\760\remote\365960\screenshots
    Probably a bug with the new UI.