Released Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1122 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Registered

It drives me mad too that the version number isn't updated with each release, and that it's not visible from within the new UI. Perhaps the lack of updated versioning is to avoid servers having to be updated?

The flickering was very distracting, so I'll be pleased if it has finally gone (I'll try it out tonight).

I've heard that the faint rectangular edge around the HUD is still present (which you may not have noticed if you drive tin tops), but I know that they are aware of it, so hopefully that'll be gone soon too.

2. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

This is a solution,but not as it meant to be.

First: And as i see and read the forum,and elswehere i think there is not much interest in RF2 at all atm.Only the same users (like me and the hardcore users) who post and read,so....

Second: Why do we only have this "like" button,no disagree or some more smileys...
    @Paul Jeffrey

Third: Why always pickin on AMS 2? As it is still under development,can't you remember RF2?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  3. Havner

Havner Registered

Dady Cairo and juanchioooo like this.
  4. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Gentlemen, please avoid this personal confrontation that appears to be taking place here - let us discuss in a civil and polite way please without accusing each other of trolling / fanboyism and such.

Stay on topic and stay polite please.

5. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

The new UI is stuttering in garage settings & tunning garage view in VR(Valve Index)
    in this last build

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, since 2 or 3 years ago (?) the build number reflects compatibility. When client or server changes are made that break compatibility the build is updated and signals (to users, and the game) that an update is required to join.

7. prime97

prime97 Registered

I haven't used RF2 for a couple of weeks. Today when I tried to launch it from Steam, I could see that it had been updated because I was immediately presented with a pop-up giving me a choice of: play, graphics config or dev mode. I tried play but (after allowing Windows to launch it) another popup:

Allow game launch?
    rFactor 2 is attempting to launch with the optional parameters shown below:
    " +path=".." +workshop "
    If you did not request this launch or do not understand these options, select Cancel

I select OK and the above repeats (i.e. Windows permission required then the above popup).

Graphics config works. Dev mode does the same as above.

8. Javibeza

Javibeza Registered

Hi guys,

This is not working again:

captura.JPG

Maybe some changes on shaders, like on v1.1118...
    If there is something we need to tweak on our mod to make it work, or some documentation I missed, please tell me.
    Thanks.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Try running steam as admin.

For more ideas, see: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/rf2-doesn´t-work.68268/

10. Roberto boniotti

Roberto boniotti Registered

Sorry for my ignorance, but
    what is this for? "Client Build ID: 6045847"

11. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Roberto boniotti likes this.
  12. prime97

prime97 Registered

Thanks Lazza, running Steam as admin allowed RF2 to run. Now, perhaps a minor problem: the steering wheel button that I have mapped to mouse-click no longer works and I have to do an actual mouse click (after I take off my VR headset, ...).

13. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Well, the stuttering when cars join in the menu has been fixed, but watching other cars on track has become something of a mess.
    Cars stutter, both in VR headset and on monitor.
    Several of us experienced the same issue

JimmyT likes this.
  14. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

New ui is on a good road i beleive. It just needs time to get used to it. Of course there are some bugs or missing parts, that will -eventually - be ironed out sooner or later.

@Paul Jeffrey two small addons (and maybe easy too) i want to see in the new ui are:

1) the ability to change AI difficulty per car (i think the opposite - the “AI per track config” - was feasible in the old one). E.g i want to have general AI difficulty at 90% for ALL cars, but for one specific car (eg ferrari 488 gte) at 95%

This will be extremely useful for 3rd party mods..

2) the ability to take screenshots inside the “garage tuning showroom” and save them to the appropriate folder “on the fly” (with different names)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    Balazs Magyar and Hazi like this.
  15. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

Although this would be good feature...I don't think we will see this, as this has nothing to do with UI, to have this working core logic would need to change and I think that's not going to happen. But would be nice to have

Emery likes this.
  16. Stefan Wirth

Stefan Wirth Registered

@paul-jeffrey After quali on Formula E -Accelerate I went straight to the GTE VIR Q 20:45 in the competition system with the new Corvette.
    The Setup page was still showing the FE setup options, that seems to be an issue...
    20210109205201_1.jpg 20210109205519_1.jpg

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Stefan Wirth correct response should have been: "zOMG!!! Hybrid!!!!" :D

lagg and TJones like this.
  18. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Yes, same thing happens here, can't "watch" while in game as it's like a slide show. I don't get stuttering while I'm racing though.

19. Roberto boniotti

Roberto boniotti Registered

Is it possible to have graphic presets on the new interface? Since you read very conflicting things in the forums it would be useful to have 4 configurations made by more competent people.
    I would suggest a low, medium, high, ultra and even auto profile as is the case with most games on the market. Thanks.

20. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Same here in VR, massive stuttering when watching other cars doing their qualify or watching me at replay. GPU and CPU are heavy stressed - also in the main menu. When in race everything is fine. Had also two crashes of SteamVR since new build

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2021