New UI wishlist

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Mitch9, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Blexie

Blexie Registered

We desperately need replay telemetry back. The new UI has some usability issues but this is such a huge feature for league stewarding and as a learning tool it's a serious problem that it's been removed.

2. Davide Arduini

Davide Arduini Registered

Hello there! Maybe mine is an unpopolar opinion, but it's not a completely wrong thing. If we look at the real racing conditions, you cannot see opponent drivers' inputs, but only yours, which I wish to be reimplemented. I agree with the fact that we are talking about a sim, but the closer it gets to reality, the better it is, always in my opinion.

3. RoWo

RoWo Member

It is an important tool for race stewards. Often the result depends e.g. on the pedal input of the driver: was he braking to avoid the contact? or something else.

4. Davide Arduini

Yes, indeed. Maybe accessible only to server admins.

5. Blexie

Blexie Registered

That might've been a nice option to be added on to the feature as it was, but if the new UI could at least have feature parity with the old one before it's forced I'd be a lot happier with it. Iteration rather than regression.

6. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

besides stewarding, both real life and sim drivers also use telemetry to analyze and improve on their laps or setup so no, it shouldn´t be just for admins.

7. Davide Arduini

Hi Mitch, yes, as I said some posts above, in my opinion the ideal would be that you can see only your telemetry and if you are an admin you can see every driver's one.

8. philman

philman Registered

In the old user interface, it is possible to use one or more directories for packages. Is it possible to recreate this in the new user interface?

9. Neil Tyler

Neil Tyler Registered

Exiting and online session also exits the game and returns me to my desktop. Should it not take me back to the main menu screen?

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Multiplayer.JSON. Set Auto Exit to false.

Cselt and Neil Tyler like this.
  11. João Silva

João Silva Registered

great game, beyond crappy UI.
    this is what happens when this kind of thing is made by engineers.
    hopefully, now that it is out of beta, someone inside will do the right calls.

edit: i see lots of advanced requests here. I would advise S397 to get the basics done first.

12. Guy Leung

Guy Leung Registered

Wish the new UI don't crash and load up faster.

mixer61 likes this.
  13. Neil Tyler

Neil Tyler Registered

Thanks, Lazza.
    That has worked perfectly.

14. Pedro Gomes

Pedro Gomes Registered

1- Having to scroll down or sideways to find stuff we need to click is a big waste of time, setup areas, setup settings, it makes it much harder to have an overview of what's going on in the car's setup (That new central overview is incomplete btw). Make things more compact.
    2- The new setup load/save system has many things wrong with it. When I click it to open setups for the 1st time it takes some 10 seconds to load and I have an SSD. After that if we want to load/save/assign setups every time we do an action we end out of the setups menu. Just integrate it as it was please.

Basically, it looks nice but functionality is bad.

Put things more grouped and not having to scroll to get to where we want in the setup area or open more windows or new screens is a must.

Ernie, Neil Tyler and Davide Arduini like this.
  15. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

Great game too but I wish the devs hid themselves in a wardrobe and gone back to 2016 (like in About Time, that's if they can't buy a DeLorean) and brought the rights to use AC's Content Manger instead rather than this fiasco

I wish there is an option to manually add weight to cars, so if you want to integrate mods into official contents (ie Enduracers' GTE and LMP2s or Apex's GT3s vs S397 cars), you can add weight to slow the cars down and create parity

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    Mibrandt likes this.
  16. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

I also wish to see speed, rpm, pedals input and lap times on the replay, like we used to to. Rfactor is a simulator. Thank you.

Neil Tyler and Slip_Angel like this.
  17. Neil Tyler

Neil Tyler Registered

Hi Goodwind,
    You can add weight manually. Here is a link to a steam page with all the things you can change (inc. Ballast) as long as you are logged in as admin:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=580727258
    Hope it helps

Godwind Racing likes this.
  18. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

What i want to see on new ui (i think this was feasible in the old one) is the possibility to change ai difficulty per car. E.g i want to have general difficulty at 90% for ALL cars, but for one specific car (eg ferrari 488 gte) at 95%

This is very handfull for 3rd party mods

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

FYI that was not possible with the Old UI, but a good Wish regardless :)

20. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

I think this was possible not per car but by track? I m sure for this (but cant remember what was its name)