How do you setup for Le Mans and Nordschleife?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marcus Battaglia, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Marcus Battaglia

Marcus Battaglia Registered

I have a lot of trouble breaking without ABS in this car in this track, something I had never felt in Assetto Corsa, for example. Feels that the wheels lock way too easily.

2. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

Is that a setup problem?
    In my opinion, the car don't have to do that with the default values.

Marcus Battaglia likes this.
  3. Marcus Battaglia

I have that problem a lot in rFactor 2, but what I have found out actually is this is not a problem, but in fact a more realistic simulation to what I was used to (AC, PC2, AMS 2, F1 2019 & 2020). What I have seem to find out (still learning) is that this oversteer in very fast corners is mostly due to a very, very low rear wing setup. I also run Le Mans with the lowest rear wing possible (and with the Le Mans aero package), and this corner ("Indianapolis", if I am not mistaken) is for me the hardest on the track, because if you don't enter it very correctly, you either have to slow down a lot or you spin like that.

From my experience (and I am by far not an expert in setups), given the speed of this corner, the problem is usually not so much a mechanical grip one (stiffer/softer suspension), but more related to ARB and rear wing settings.

4. Marcus Battaglia

5. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I honestly forgot, i'm sorry but i haven't driven on nordschleife in long time.