Mouse pointer not visible in VR+mirror

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by MerlinC2000, Jan 1, 2021.

1. MerlinC2000

MerlinC2000 Registered

Did not run the sim for a long time - did use other sim's in the last 3-5 years.

After reading that rF2 now is starting with a competition mode I did get interested and wanted to give it a try and have a look on how much the sim progressed over the past years.

I'm able to start the sim but unfortunately do not see a mouse pointer. That might be because my configuration changed over the years and although being a VR user I do no longer use any controllers since I started using my Index HMD (not required as I only use it for simracing).

Is there an easy way to get the mouse pointer visible again?

Thanks in advance.

2. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

I might be wrong, but try pressing DEL I believe it's a default mapping to hide the cursor

3. MerlinC2000

MerlinC2000 Registered

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately the hot key isn't working. Any other ideas?

4. MerlinC2000

MerlinC2000 Registered

Could that have to do with the set controller bindings in steam? Unfortunately there is no controller named keyboard/mouse. And as mentioned I'm not using a controller at all. All other sims I can simply use my mouse and keyboard.
    upload_2021-1-1_17-53-39.png

5. MerlinC2000

MerlinC2000 Registered

Was able to find the settings where a key can be mapped to hide the mouse cursor. After re-assigning the DELETE key it works now.

P.S.: Although I still can't switch the visibility of my mouse cursor by pressing DEL at least I do see a cursor.

Anyone else having the issue with mouse cursor visibility can't be changed using the hotkey? That might be a minor issue (bug) if I do understand the intended behavior correctly.

Andy Bonar likes this.
  6. bluet

bluet Registered

The same problem was reported over on race department forum
    the fix was on vid settings use hmd+mirror set resolution to 1920x1080 / window mode / at 60hz
    regards denis .