[REL] Nürburgring (2018) Timing from Lap 1

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Bernd, Jan 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redapg

redapg Registered

Due to the latest Update to 2.16 / 2.17 of the original Track, the former "instant Timing" Updates doesn't work anymore and can be deleted from the Installed Folder.
    I did create a new Update 2.20time, that can be downloaded in the first Post.
    Merry Christmas and a happy new Year to all. :)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    leseb64, bears, atomed and 6 others like this.
  2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Same to you and stay safe!

3. redapg

redapg Registered

Due to the latest Update to 2.18 / 2.19 of the original Track, the former "instant Timing" Updates doesn't work anymore and can be deleted from the Installed Folder.
    I did create a new Update 2.21time, that can be downloaded in the first Post.
    Happy new Year to all. :)

svictor likes this.
  4. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I will use for the first time this workaround, but can S397 can do something official like this, include in the official track ?

I'm tired of tinkering with rFactor.

@Alex Sawczuk

5. redapg

redapg Registered

I can be wrong, but i mean to remember, that i did read somewhere, that the License does not allow it, because it would be something that doesn't exist in Reality.
    And you don't have to tinker, just install it. ;)

atomed likes this.
  6. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

No, this mod means you can cut by 6 minutes plus and receive a drive through penalty only

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If it is sooooo Glorious to drive the Ring, why do so many folks want to skip another lap?? ?? :)

atomed likes this.
  8. redapg

redapg Registered

I tried to get it working, that the Laptime don't gets counted, when you use the Shortcut, by editing the Corridors.
    The Problem is, that it sometimes works and sometimes not, so it is useless.
    Maybe it has to do with the Position of the additional XSector 1 and 2 Meshes, that are very close behind of each other?
    The Problem could easily be solved, if we would get the Possibility to use something like the X.. Objects, but in that Way, that if it gets crossed, it gets counted as a Cut and the Laptime don't counts.
    That definitly would work at 100%.
    Would it be possible to get something like that?

This Mod is meant to be used for Fun and not for League Races.
    And even if it gets used in Leagues, cutted Laps can be identified easily, when the Difference is ~ 6 Minutes. :)

atomed likes this.
  9. svictor

svictor Registered

Hello, here is a possible way to avoid short cutting issue (I used similar configuration in Isle of Man):
    timing_plan.jpg

Car that exit from garage (green dot line) will trigger Xsector1001 & Xsector2001 meshes only once, and when car exit pit lane, it will trigger Xfinish2 and start timing right way.

Car that entering pitlane (orange dot line) or driving on main road will not interact with Xsector1001 & Xsector2001 meshes, so they will not be able to trigger extra timing objects repeatedly.

The position of Xfinish2 may need move a little further back into pitlane (as from the position in pic), so racer may not get advantage from not having to drive the long main straight.

And the limitation is that it will be a little different from do a proper lap by across the real finishing line at full speed. Since with this method, timing starts when exit pit at low speed (good thing is that player no longer requires to run an extra lap with the short layout). It still could be a good way to save time, if you balance the position of Xfinish2.

Extra note:
    There need to be enough gap between Xpitout & Xfinish2 meshes (0.5 - 1 meter enough), otherwise timing may not start. Xsector1001 & Xsector2001 also need very little gap.

Xfinish1 & Xfinish2 can be merged into one object, and still function correctly. Though I'm not sure if it is necessary to make Xfinish1 mesh not extend to pit lane area (at least in Isle of Man, I have setup the Xfinish1 mesh to not extend into pitlane).

atomed, Mauro, pkelly and 1 other person like this.
  10. redapg

redapg Registered

@svictor Thank you for the Suggestion. As said in the private Conversation, i will try that out. :)

svictor likes this.
  11. yashiman

yashiman Registered

I have seen these drawings.
    I don't know when these.
    Do these help you?

Attached Files:

12. redapg

redapg Registered

That Method is similar to what i currently use. :)

13. yashiman

yashiman Registered

Yes, I think your shorcut patch is nice idea.

BTW, You can get 2020 ver. here (more detailed).
    https://24h-information.de/24h/
    Supplementary Regulations ADAC TOTAL 24hrs Race 2020
    And find page 54 and 114.
    "31.6 In practice, the connection to the GP circuit (Hyundai corner) may also be used, exception: Top Qualifying. This is in the interest of the participants who must thus not always complete a full lap before the timing line (drawing no. 9)."

I don't know how to used in the real race.
    But "Nordschleife2 v2.30" mod had used at Practice and Qualify and was working reliably.
    GRAB_489.JPG GRAB_488.JPG

I would be happy if it was also used for this NUR.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    atomed, Reiche and redapg like this.
  14. redapg

redapg Registered

When i was asked by Bernd, if i have a Version, that allows to get the Timing working from Lap 1, i offered the one that i did make for private use.
    I did make that Version in the "fastest and easiests" Way, without to care about possible Cheating.
    You know, why i should cheat myself? :D
    So this is what you get here currently. ;)
    Since this Cheating Discussion came up here, i started to think about a better Solution.
    There are several possible Ways how such a instant Timing can be made.
    One Problem is, that it is very Time consuming, especially with an encrypted Component, that you can not load into 3DSMax or 3DSimEd, to quickly position new Objects or remove Objects, where you sometimes have to spend Hours, just to find out which one it is, in the SCN File.
    I'm currently in Contact with some Forum Users and maybe together we'll find a better Solution. :)

BTW @svictor Unfortunately, your Suggestion doesn't work with the Nordschleife.
    The Problem is that all Cars, that have to pass the original XFinish Object, that crosses the Pitlane, don't start to count the Laptime.
    The Reason is that, after the new XSector1 and 2 Objects are passed, that they are in Sector 3, they pass the XFinish Object that is in the Pitlane and the Sector is set back to 1.
    It works only if the XFinish Object that is outside of the Pitlane gets passed, without the XFinish Object inside of the Pitlane was passed before.
    But as said, to find a better Solution is WIP. ;)

15. redapg

redapg Registered

Thank you @yashiman for the Hint with the old 3rd Party Nordschleife.
    Problem solved as it seems.
    When i opened it's Scene File, it came back in my Mind immediately (i get too old for this :D).
    Of course the VisGroups can be used to get Objects on Track for specific Sessions.
    So with that, every Configuration is possible, to avoid that someone cheats in the Race.
    I think i will add this to the next Update.
    But i will keep the current Position of the XSector Objects in the Shortcut, because in that Way, the Driver has the Choice to use it or not.
    The only Question is, shall it be possible to use it only in the Practice Session or in the Practice and Qualy Session.
    What do you think?

atomed likes this.
  16. RoWo

RoWo Member

Practice and Qualy for me.

pkelly likes this.
  17. redapg

redapg Registered

100% (you and me :D) vote for Practice and Qualy.

pkelly likes this.
  18. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

I don't know how difficult it is, but a version that allows only practice and another version that allows practice and qualy would allow everyone to decide or series to decide which they want to use.

19. redapg

redapg Registered

It's not difficult, it's just the double Number of Track Layouts.
    Unfortunately Tracks don't have a Possibility to use Upgrades, like the Cars have.

Bill Worrel likes this.
  20. redapg

redapg Registered

Due to the latest Update to 2.20 / 2.21 of the original Track, the former "instant Timing" Updates doesn't work anymore and can be deleted from the Installed Folder.
    I will create a new "instant Timing" Update soon, that probably will include the new Structure, where the Shortcut, that is used to start the Timing for the 24h, Endurance and Combined Layouts, will work in Practice and Qualy only, so that there is no Chance to use it in the Race.
    And i maybe will add 2 Versions for each Layout.
    One, where it works only in Practice and one, where it works in Practice and Qualy, like @Bill Worrel suggested.

Bill Worrel and McFlex like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.