Released December 2020 Build Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Great! Can't wait for competition system to show how it is

2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i have problem to setup Fanatec CSL elite ps4 steering wheel and T3pa pro pedals.
    nothing respond
    i deleted controler json and player json
    still cannot take any input

EDIT: problem solved
    i had enable some controlers from Steam client to be able to play another game and it was messing with my steering wheel inputs.
    i just unmarked them and disable the steam controlers and everything is back to normal

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  3. Carr

Carr Registered

I posted in last months update about things missing from the new UI compared to the old one. All of it is still missing.

- There is no vehicle select option while in a server any more meaning you have to exit a server to change an upgrade you missed.
    - No skin management or indicator anymore, if it doesn't work then it just doesn't work and you have no idea that they had a custom skin.
    - There are no longer car stats on live replays. eg. pedal, wheel and gear inputs.
    - While having a favourites list on the first screen is nice, there needs to be a scroll option so you can see all of them.
    - Having an exit button at the bottom of all the main UI pages would make things much easier.

Christopher Elliot even acknowledged that there should be a scroll on the favorites listing but it is still not there.

The new release version is slower/laggier than the beta version.
    In the vehicle setups, there is still no idicator (*) next to the current track folder so you know which one it is. Some tracks have 5 or 6 layouts with their own folder and their names aren't obvious as to which one you are on.

I also guess they don't want people to mod any more (not that it isn't really new news), how do you get into ttool or ptool?

I think this UI is going to make people who were uncertain about rF2 to give up on it and play something else. I race with several people who will struggle significantly navigating this UI and others who will just be stubborn and not want to learn it. Will make it hard for admins and organizers for a quite a while. I am glad it took 3+ years to get something that is this bad, hopefully the competition system (that I doubt will be used by the "average player") will make up for it.

JimmyT, Se7en89, Adam Helyes and 7 others like this.
  4. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Does anyone know if using the old UI will stop other updates, workshop etc from coming through?
    I have to use the old UI on my server as it doesnt have the graphics oomph to run the new UI.
    Using the old UI, updates come through before you run the main game, so you dont use any graphical engine to update. Seems like the new UI doesnt pull updates in until the main graphic engine fires up.

Jason K, McFlex and Hoshi like this.
  5. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

This is the biggest fail to me. Having to leave a server and reload everything jusdt to test another car out for an upcoming league is a right PITA

JimmyT, Jason K, Juergen-BY and 2 others like this.
  6. Craig Waddell

Craig Waddell Registered

Is this build 1123? Still showing as 1122 on my system and the VR graphical bug still present (Black UI outline).

JimmyT and McFlex like this.
  7. Hoshi

Hoshi Registered

I would like to know this tooo_O

8. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Its still 1122

Craig Waddell likes this.
  9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

a page for 4 parameters, it would not be better to put a page with four parameters to make a setup, which is much better ... instead of opening pages
    juntosl.jpg
    frenos.jpg diferencial.jpg elect.jpg fuel.jpg

Se7en89, Jason K, zxd1997 and 7 others like this.
  10. Corti

Corti Registered

"press any key"
    "Where is the 'ANY' key?"
    it's a joke ... I had to say it. :D

11. FS7

FS7 Registered

Click on single player race tab, click on Formula ISI, click on customize > I get stuck on a black screen.
    Maybe you guys should include an option to completely disable showroom and have a simple screen with only text options, showroom has always been bugged and takes forever to load. When I click customize I just want to options in text format, no need for images in a bugged showroom.

12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

The same information on the right side is useless, don't you think? They should use it for something else, wasted empty space
    frenos.jpg

Jason K and McFlex like this.
  13. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

juanchioooo likes this.
  14. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

they copy the bad of other simulators

McFlex and Hoshi like this.
  15. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

THANK YOU!!!!!
    For giving us the option to still use the old UI to those of us that like it more than the new.

16. Hoshi

Hoshi Registered

Will there be an option to permanently choose the old ui without missing any substantial upgrades?
    Seriously, this new ui is more than one step back in terms of usability. It looks fancy though, like RREs ui several years ago

17. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

that will only be useful until they close or update it, things that are not from the competition system

18. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

This is not the X-mas present that makes me glad.As long as the bugs are not ironed out and no language localization is done!
    Packages system does not work correct,you can't install packages like in the OLD UI.So switched back.
    Thanx anyway...

19. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Let's hope that the new UI now being the default will be an incentive for S397 to fix its issues quick, as more people complain...
    The real beta test of the UI begins now, with thousands of angry simracers that will be hammering it in creative ways nobody envisioned.

20. lagg

lagg Registered

Thank you very much S397.
    These are great news. :)

pkelly, Balazs Magyar and DucMan888 like this.