Released RCCO eX ZERO | Extreme Electric Racing Comes To rFactor 2

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 8, 2020.

1. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Project Cars 3: We have made the biggest misjudgment in Sim Racing in the whole of 2020.....

Studio397: Hold my EV...

Just kidding! :D

Thanks for the hard work and everything but I think I'll stick to my V8 :cool:

[​IMG]

2. Goncalo Costa

Goncalo Costa Registered

Yes! It takes about 60s to do a full pitstop and it changes the batteries.

JRoque likes this.
  3. FORMULAEFAN71

FORMULAEFAN71 Registered

Formula Es sound cool i heard people say it sounds like a vaccum cleaner it sounds nothing like a vacuum cleaner. Wasn't thinking about buying this as i still have other content ive been looking at (ferrari gts, formula e tracks, etc.) but it seems very interesting. Haven't had the time to watch any videos about it yet but can someone give me a sense on the speed scale? gt3?, gte?, lmp2?, higher?
    Thread was more boring than i thought as i barley saw anything on topic that wasn't a dissatisfaction lol.

4. Oskart

Oskart Registered

Before VR headsets came to mainstream rfactor 2 was the best commercial simulator but now it's changing. To bring your customers a fantasy car based on any real car makes no sense. Other studios give us fantasy car based on Formula 1 of different ages, or a kind of Porsche Cup or Le Mans Prototype... Kunos has implemented a new tyre model in ACC in order to offer a better driving experience.
    But you try to sell us a Fantasy car and the best reason is "we are going to do an Esport competition". In my opinion Esport is not the way to go in car driving simulator, the main Esport games are League of Legends, FIFA, CS:GO, Rocket League, any of these has relationship with reality, I can't imagine a football player training with FIFA or an army training the soldiers with CS:GO, but all of us know that real racing teams train their driver with a simulator, what I do mean is that rfactor2 has a lot of things to fix like physics, tyre model, a correct H-pattern implementation, Hybrid engines... But you prefer waste your efforts in an Esport Car, while the cars you (studio397) have designed turning under massive understeering with smoking tyres, do you want to be a kind of "Gran Turismo" on pc or what? Cause it seems like this, in my Formula 1 racing league we use rfactor 2, but now that Ams1 has VR thanks to community I would recommend this software over all.

Claude H. likes this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Without wanting to expand into a discussion about physics/tyre model (I'm presuming you mean the drawbacks, like damage from low pressures, track temperature influence [from a dynamic track temp], pickup, tread effects [aquaplaning, heating, etc], widespread implementation of wet driving line [rough vs worn aggregate, rubber], wind, brake disc temp effects on rims & tyres temp, ..., ... and also presuming you don't mean the core tyre model, which itself is still leading) - ISI and S397 haven't done anything about drivetrain simulation or hybrid engines (I don't think the electric conversion counts) in 8 years. This car isn't making much difference. Actually its existence has no effect at all on what you're doing with rF2, and arguably its effect on rF2 development in the areas you're interested in, especially when - as always - the content devs aren't the coding devs.

Just think: with most DLC you either love it and get it simply because of what it is, or you get it and try it knowing you might need to refund it if you don't like it or think there are too many issues. This DLC, evidently, you don't even need to test. Job done!

Lethal likes this.
  6. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Yigit Yusuf Mutlu Registered

Has anybody remember here when s397 says they update old content to new standarts? Its almost one hole year and we got only gtr500 as a car and silverstone as a track? Any other do you guys remember, even paid content like gt3s and gtes, lmps donot even get cockpit pbr update, cockpit difference between ferrari gte/gt3 and others are huge, at least use resourses to make them look same, give old content some love.
    After that, i think body will say any thing to that fantasy car development.

7. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

I'm going to say this again, this thread is not about what we didn't do, so please move on if that's all you are here for.

pkelly likes this.
  8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

9. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

Somebody else mention Spa less than 2 minutes, I did Portland in the 5x seconds range if my memory is correct.

FORMULAEFAN71 likes this.
  10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

11. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

My times at Spa are in the 1:50's with the eX (208 MPH top speed), and 2:02 in the LMP2 cars (174 MPH top speed). I only use a single gear on the entire track. I can go slightly faster (~ .5 second) with 2 gears but that tends to overheat the tires at least for me.

Setup changes tend to have more compound linkage effects with AWD, for example setting F/R AWD ratios can be further fine tuned with settings like Castor to improve exit grip. Like other advanced skills cars the eX responds well to tuning.

Unlike a few other AWD mods I've played with in DevMod there seems to be a disconnect between the front & rear tires on the eX that isn't present on the other mods, so I'm thinking its in the front and rear tire files. Kind of the feeling a Gallardo has when the front tires are down to about 15 lbs PSI letting the sidewalls flex excessively with extended periods of grip than slip (extended being in fractions of a second).

Overall, I'm pretty pleased. It may not be a sim of a real car, but it's certainly a great vision of where motorsports is going. Over the next 3 years we're about to see a very rapid pace of battery technology evolution reach the market with 2-4x the energy density of Li-Ion which is where electric meets parity with IC engines on a cost/weight/performance basis. At that point I doubt we'll see major OEM investments into IC engine propelled vehicles outside of Mazda and Porsche.

12. Craig Waddell

Craig Waddell Registered

You need to remember that Rfactor2 is an old platform and S397 are not the original software development house. If it weren't for S397 the Sim we all love would be dead. Hopefully we all agree that S397 have done some fantastic work and the latest content is amongst the best available in any sim.

Unfortunately like the rest of us the S397 team cannot work for free, they have bills to pay. Updating old content for free unfortunately doesn't bring any revenue for them so whilst it's something that we all want it's something that has to sit alongside development work which brings income to keep the team going.

That's my take on things and with that in mind I'm happy to keep paying for DLC to keep the team going and accept that other development work will have to sit alongside that. Hopefully others feel the same way.

That being said the latest electric car isn't my kind of thing. I'll probably still buy it before the Christmas holidays are over though.

13. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

Silverstone wasn´t the only updated track this year, did you see the loch drummond refresh? (and that tiny little track in germany as well) Last roadmap they announced that Indianapolis is getting some love too.
    Personally, I could care less about the new fantasy e-car but it´s only going to make some profit for the studio. Think of it not as working hours spent in something half the users don´t want, but rather an investment to keep the game going.

Craig Waddell likes this.
  14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Zandvort 2020 got some download this weekalso.

15. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I have few things that makes me wonder about this car. Regarding appearance. I wonder what are those yellow and green rave lights at the front ? Wouldn't the rear wing stall as it is front edge is so much twisted upwards ?

And IMO being single seater and with closed cockpit makes strange proportions.

16. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

RCCO eX ZERO
    v1.05
    - Fixed collision mesh

atomed, JRoque, lagg and 1 other person like this.
  17. JRoque

JRoque Registered

Chris, take time off over weekends. We wouldn't want you and your team to burn out. We'll be here to nag you for your efforts Monday morning ;-)

Pauli Partanen, atomed and Mr.Thor like this.
  18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

A quick attempt to illustrate how car could look as a three seater and without strange lights show at front.
    [​IMG]

19. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Never noticed.

I guess I need to start crashing more.

pkelly likes this.
  20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Probably online cars were reaching out and touching while graphically they appeared not to. Collisions??? pshaw...they have professionals to test that like m....well..they have professionals.